Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! I finally decided to unbox this bad boy and one of the elastic straps on my new QS001 came undone from the shoulder armour during light futzing. :( Is this a common issue? Does any experienced freak here have recommendations on what glue this collectible newbie should use? Thanks in advance for any tips for the repair!

If it was me personally I'd just go with super glue, as none of the glue residue or anything will Be on show and it will give the strongest hold. But that's just my opinion! Also, it's not an issue I've heard of on this figure before!

If it was me personally I'd just go with super glue, as none of the glue residue or anything will Be on show and it will give the strongest hold. But that's just my opinion! Also, it's not an issue I've heard of on this figure before!

Thanks for the suggestion! I read through half of this thread and didn't see anyone else having this issue either... At this point I don't think I have a choice but to remove the chest armour completely to fix this issue properly. Because of my lack of experience with these things I'm just not sure if super glue will damage the strap and armour materials.

Hi everyone! I finally decided to unbox this bad boy and one of the elastic straps on my new QS001 came undone from the shoulder armour during light futzing. :( Is this a common issue? Does any experienced freak here have recommendations on what glue this collectible newbie should use? Thanks in advance for any tips for the repair!

There's been a couple people who've had the same problem (Go back to post #12792 of the thread). Other members suggested super glue gel. You can PM the member with the defective shoulder strap and see how it worked for him. Hope that helps.

There's been a couple people who've had the same problem (Go back to post #12792 of the thread). Other members suggested super glue gel. You can PM the member with the defective shoulder strap and see how it worked for him. Hope that helps.
I will give that a shot. Thanks a bunch for the information bud!

I need to get my hands on a empty cowl.. None on eBay. So I'm here to ask the experts. Are there any 3rd party companies that make them in 1/4 scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally bought this piece today... and I must say this is the best figure in my collection.
If you are Batman fan.. do not pass on this.. buy it while you can, it is amazing figure in hand.

I need to get my hands on a empty cowl.. None on eBay. So I'm here to ask the experts. Are there any 3rd party companies that make them in 1/4 scale?

There were, but they dried up for some reason. I seem to remember them going for only $35 on ebay about a year ago. Another option is to scrap your sonar head and gut it, makes a decent empty cowl.

Man.. $35 would be perfect. I really like the sonar head so I guess I will keep looking. Thanks

Thanks for the comments.

Cant stop staring at it :rotfl. If they can keep producing 1/4 figures at this quality, I may limit my 1/6 collection to just Batman/Terminator) and go with Hot Toys 1/4 from now on.

I wouldn't mess with sonar head either Royce12 you might regret later on.

Nice.. I like how you made it look like he is putting his glove on. I might have to.. Uh.. Borrow that!

There were, but they dried up for some reason. I seem to remember them going for only $35 on ebay about a year ago. Another option is to scrap your sonar head and gut it, makes a decent empty cowl.

I just bought an extra sonar head off EBay for $35. Any guide/tips for gutting it?

Anyone has bought the custom cape from Jaxon who can give some feedback about the product and seller?

Regards

Back