Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you post pics of that 1:1 begins suit please? That's so cool that you have that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post pics of that 1:1 begins suit please? That's so cool that you have that man.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I did post a long time ago, but i think that thread was deleted. Ill have to dig up the photos up again. Right now everything is in storage because I moved 2 years ago so i cant re-photograph it right now. But ill dig through and see if i can find the old photos. I need to get a mannequin for it at some point, but waiting until we buy a house so i have room to display it. A lot of people have the 1:1 suit and the TDK suit. There is a whole community of us on theRPF.com and theBatcave forum that were obsessed with it for a long time and still are. I've been putting it on hold recently because there have been a lot of figures coming out over the years, but i plan to upgrade the legs this year. Hopefully. I actually had 3 of them at one point, but I sold 2 of them and kept the foam latex version because no one is making it anymore. foam latex is super expensive apparently these days.

found one of my old photos of the torso. This is foam latex. it was actually my first version. I got a 2nd version because this one had some issues. My newer version came out nearly perfect, but I don't have photos of it yet.
DSC_0409.jpg
Here are the gauntlets v1. I have a 2nd version thats a little better.
DSC_0019_zpsacac8348.jpg

Last edited:
Dude that rocks

I'd go out in the middle of the night and stand on top of buildings, just to mess with people :lol

I wore it for Halloween in 2012. Got a huge response from people on the streets wanting to take pictures with me. It was really fun!!!! :)

Oh I see what your saying about the stand, people want him just standing museum posed. yah that would be more difficult on that stand because of the rocks. So its a valid point, but i really like the pose I have. I actually prefer museum poses too, but I really liked giving him a little more dynamic pose using this stand.

Man even trying to do dynamic poses is hard as there is just too much stuff like rocks and gravel on the base. I would like to see what type of poses u have pulled off because I mainly can't do much but that stepping pose they used in the promo pics with one leg forward, while the other leg is back. :gah:

yah, i debate back n forth on the Tony cape. I might pull the trigger someday:)

I am telling u if u buy it u won't regret it. ;) Only problem is u might like too much and feel u need the most accurate cape for your EB Batman, since u said u are not happy with the length of the cape for that figure.

Some may know, i own a 1:1 Begins screen accurate replica suit, so i am familiar with the Begins suit. Spent about 2 years acquiring it, and technically still not finished because I am looking to upgrade the legs. The reason I was disappointed in the EB Begins too was the armor. I was hoping it would be more solid, but its a really thin material. Now from a just looking at it, you wouldnt know of course, this is more just a nit picky thing for me. The real screen used suit is foam latex, and I was hoping it could be more that material or even a urethane material. People who make urethane replicas in 1:1 have done amazing things to make it look like foam latex. Foam latex disintegrates faster ,thats the major issue with foam. But if you take care of it, it can last. The Toy Fair HTs Begins attempted a foam latex version. Its not bad. I appreciate their attempt at it. But as people have seen, it can have issues because its a fragile material. So anyway, its just something that I was hoping at 1/4 scale they could do a more solid foam latex or urethane armor and it would feel more like a the real suit. But the EB material is thin. I mean it looks fantastic, the design and shape they pretty much nailed. But the thinness bothers me only because i have the 1:1. If i never saw a 1:1 I probably wouldn't care. :)

Thanks for the information, wow I had no idea how inaccurate the EB Batman suit is as far as material and lack of bulkiness goes. I can see why those inaccuracies would bother u since u own a 1:1 scale suit! :( Nevertheless, still a great figure though.

As far as the Cape, no one has really gotten it screen accurate because the material used on the movie is custom made and almost impossible to replicate at 1/6 or 1/4 scale. Tony's capes flow beautifully, and look very movie-like. But the real material they used is nothing like what any manufacturer has attempted in small scale. The 1/4 HTs cape is pretty decent for looking like the screen used cape. But still not right. However I was able to pose the cape ok, not great, with the HTs stock cape. But seeing Tony's, makes me want it just because the flowing and the way it hangs looks really great. The stock cape is bulkier. The EB cape if it was longer would be pretty cool. But they really missed the length. I feel after they probably studied the suit a lot, especially really getting the design and shape of the armor almost perfect, why did they skimp out on the cape length? Even the Takara Batman from 2006 has a long cape.

Yeah I never thought it was totally accurate, I am just saying it's just a nice cape like how it drapes and has folds all through the cape. In other words the best u can get right now. :)

The EB Belt is also another thing that bothered me. How did they mess up the placement by making it too small to sit around the waist in the correct position? And one small thing, they put the TDK holster for the grapnel gun in with the Begins suit. But that holster was only used for the TDK suit. for Begins, the holster was on the back of the belt. Its fine they added it, just not sure why? Anyway, i hate nit picking stuff, i really do. I dont do much of it on here. Overall i do like the EB figure, i dont hate it by any means. I dont plan to sell it unless HTs does make a superior one. Ive been obsessed with the Begins suit for a long time, so i really enjoy having any figure they make of it. Its just my little nit picks. Not all will agree with me but maybe some do.

Who knows but isn't that an easy fix? :dunno U are right that it is strange they put that TDK holster on the Begins suit belt.

Yah the EB Joker is really expensive now. But if HTs does a 1/4 Joker I will certainly buy it. I bought all the HTs TDK Trilogy releases except for the Camouflage Tumbler because I had no space for it because I am holding out for the 1/12 Bat and the 66 Batmobile. But I wish I bought the camo tumbler:(

Yeah it's insane for something that really is a poor quality figure with paper thin clothes and those horrible QC issues. I guess some people can see Ledger under that disaster of a paint job (as far as accuracy to Joker make up goes) and want a big version of Ledger as the Joker. I would probably buy a Hot Toys 1/4 Joker to just because the quality and clothing would be better.

found one of my old photos of the torso. This is foam latex. it was actually my first version. I got a 2nd version because this one had some issues. My newer version came out nearly perfect, but I don't have photos of it yet.
View attachment 109815
Here are the gauntlets v1. I have a 2nd version thats a little better.
View attachment 109816

Wow great pics! That suit looks amazing, like having the real thing. :rock

I wore it for Halloween in 2012. Got a huge response from people on the streets wanting to take pictures with me. It was really fun!!!! :)

I bet. :lol

Last edited:
That looks amazing!!! :clap How much did you get it for? Do you have photos of yourself in full costume?

I think they were possibly referencing his Begins suit in TDK regarding the grapnel gun holster. In his opening appearance, after he falls off the side of Scarecrow's van, I remember seeing it on a holster on the belt.

That looks amazing!!! :clap How much did you get it for? Do you have photos of yourself in full costume?

I think they were possibly referencing his Begins suit in TDK regarding the grapnel gun holster. In his opening appearance, after he falls off the side of Scarecrow's van, I remember seeing it on a holster on the belt.

That would make sense, since they did not have the Begins lisence for 1/4 they only had the TDK lisence for 1/4. Well spotted dw316. :clap

the entire suit was very expensive plus I have a lot of the weapons and accessories like the mangler and grapnel gun, some mini-mines. i think in total was like $3500 for everything. The TDK suit is even more expensive because there are so many parts to it. Its also difficult to find it with the accurate carbon fiber chest plates.

Funny thing about photos, that night a friend took photos of me and the next day I asked him to send me the pix, and he wound up deleting them by accident. :( So when i get my updated armor, i will definitely take more pix. Im getting better gauntlets by the end of the month. And new legs in a few months.

My favorite part of the suit is the belt. The guy who made it did an amazing job. Seeing it and how its constructed is a thing of beauty. Really cool design they came up with.

ahh yes, he has the grapnel in the holster when he catches Scarecrow in the beginning of TDK. I never noticed it until I looked back. :)

When i get a chance ill take a pic of my HTs 1/4. Its nothing special, its like the stepping pose you mentioned, just have his legs slightly bent resting his feet on the rocks. It looks pretty cool.

Yes like I said the EB Begins is really nice figure, he looks fantastic just standing there with the cape draped over him, especially if you have a Tony cape. The cowl sculpts are just about spot on. I just like the HTs better overall right out of the box without doing any mods. And EB not doing the armor material screen accurate really is no big deal, technically that armor is supposed to be like military grade armor, so foam latex isn't accurate to the story at all. It just needs to look like its solid armor which EB's does. It was just my thought when EB first started showing teaser pix I thought they were going to do some kind of foam latex, so when i got it and saw how thin it was, it just bugged me a little. Its no big deal really because they nailed the design of it.

Just my opinion, I give the EB Batman like an 8/10 and HTs 9.25/10. If EB made a better longer cape and didn't mess up the belt placement, and didn't do the magnet cape clips, it would have been better than HTs, probably close to a 10/10 :)

My only nit pick with HTs is I wish the cape was more like Tony's so it draped nicely.

Finally got a new camera and played around with it and my QS001. Can't believe it's been in the box all this time since release. I need tips on photography because I know very little to nothing. (I think I had a setting on that makes skin look smooth, LOL) I love the look of this figure, and the stock cape looks and feels awesome on this, at least mine does. I'll take that set later on but for now, I took tons of photos of his current look, which is the Hong Kong extraction scene from The Dark Knight. Yes, he doesn't have sonar this early in the film but I just thought it looked cool for the time being. Check everything out @ dwkungfustar.blogspot.com! More to come soon! :)

DSC02190.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

Thanks morphosis, c2close! Will pose more soon w/ the cape! I'm thinking of adding a background too, either on the back of the shelf/display, or if I ever figure out how, photoshop which would probably be easier w/ more options to display him in.

I got this figure a couple of weeks ago. Overall is an impresive figure. Though I have a problem with the regular ERS Batman HS and the faceplates. Only the neutral faceplate holds in place, all other kinda fall and don't stick in place...

I took some pictures:

View attachment 108713

Are you SURE this isn't Bale full sized?

I got this figure a couple of weeks ago. Overall is an impresive figure. Though I have a problem with the regular ERS Batman HS and the faceplates. Only the neutral faceplate holds in place, all other kinda fall and don't stick in place...

I took some pictures:

View attachment 108713

Are you SURE this isn't Bale full sized?

Yup, most people would think its a photograph of Bale :)

Back