Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10359172_10203301782358550_3742661480794706690_n.jpg

The suit is actually really nice. The vest probably blends in with the jacket since there are no buttons on the vest in that picture. Mine came the same way, but I've since added buttons to the vest and jacket. Also customized a 1/4 articulated body for the figure (the suit comes with a resin, non-articulated body) and made a 1/4 cane for him.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The suit also comes with a pair of shoes that were meant for the 1/4 T1000. I made him some dress shoes which go much better with the suit IMO. Here's a comparison pic of the shoes.

image.jpg

As most of you know, the suit was made by a talented customizer from Indonesia (Rudi - aka "Caplank Bmx" on Facebook). Unfortunately, I don't think the suits are available for purchase anymore since Rudi only made a limited run of them...

The suit is actually really nice. The vest probably blends in with the jacket since there are no buttons on the vest in that picture. Mine came the same way, but I've since added buttons to the vest and jacket. Also customized a 1/4 articulated body for the figure (the suit comes with a resin, non-articulated body) and made a 1/4 cane for him.

View attachment 113619

View attachment 113621

The suit also comes with a pair of shoes that were meant for the 1/4 T1000. I made him some dress shoes which go much better with the suit IMO. Here's a comparison pic of the shoes.

View attachment 113624

As most of you know, the suit was made by a talented customizer from Indonesia (Rudi - aka "Caplank Bmx" on Facebook). Unfortunately, I don't think the suits are available for purchase anymore since Rudi only made a limited run of them...

Your using the enterbay head there, correct?

image.jpgFor anyone on the fence about getting a custom cape by tony. Just took out the 1/4 scale to see how it looks then right back into the box until I get a house to display in.

I had no problem with the stock cape, looks and feels great. I only get CUSTOM capes when I absolutely need to and feel it fits the look, like the wired cape. I don't know why people would spend so much extra $$ to get customs on everything when all you need is a little time and patience to futz around with what they give you. :dunno There are some exceptions when the cape is really bad and that's when it is understandable to get something that helps.

I had no problem with the stock cape, looks and feels great. I only get CUSTOM capes when I absolutely need to and feel it fits the look, like the wired cape. I don't know why people would spend so much extra $$ to get customs on everything when all you need is a little time and patience to futz around with what they give you. :dunno There are some exceptions when the cape is really bad and that's when it is understandable to get something that helps.

I hear ya, but IMHO the stock 1/4 cape isn't that great. I have a custom tony mei battle cape and it's awesome. Totally worth it.

I can understand that. It all comes to personal preference for everyone. For me, I was able to work with the stock cape so I didn't see the need to spend another $70+ on a new cape having spent $400 something on this figure already. I'd prefer to save that for another figure.

Stock capes for these figures + my sausage fingers = broken figure. Solution spend a little money on cape that fits right away and in my opinion looks a heckuva a lot better.

That's fair. They are not the best, but I'm usually able to make them work/drape nicely, so to each their own I guess. I'm probably the only one here, but $70 is a lot of money to me, especially for a piece of fabric. I'm already spending so much on the figures, then I have bills and food and other expenses to worry about. $70 is probably like a week's worth of food for me, haha.

Back