Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not feeling that at the moment. The item has to be in demand otherwise you can't give it away. I've got a bunch of stuff for sale that no one wants.

Like what? Red Skull and the first Thor?

How many figure in your collection and how many from that would you make a loss on?

Maybe everyone should do the same? I will have a look at mine and come back.

franpincho is dead on.

And yeah, I would NEVER tally up and see what I paid for all of this stuff that's sitting behind me. I get depressed just thinking about it. I don't want to know what would happen if I actually had an accurate number.

Well I think there is one thing we can at least take some consilation on. These at least will make money. I think in most cases, you will break even and in some cases make a tidy profit.

We are at least not buying junk that greatly devalues like a mobile phone or many other items we buy.

Except iPhones. You can get your money back on a yearly basis. That's if you are into that sort of thing (upgrading yearly)

I did a not so perfect tally on my items, yes. But I'm afraid is far from accurate. As it turns out I have more. Oh god.

At least I enjoyed opening them! Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmn. All this debate about items being worth what they are priced got me thinking.

I just went and looked at my collection (and several others I have boxed up due to space) and I'm somewhat shocked. Between Takara MP's ( all of them released to date, except reissues) and the HT figures I started collecting two years ago, I have almost $23,000 "invested" on TOYS. And that is retail value ( I NEVER pay more than what they were MSRP'd for, REFUSE TO, WILL NEVER DO IT. $50 more is $50 more).

Yes, if I do decide to sell them for any reason, I'm sure that I will get my money back, if not some more. But then I think, where are my priorities? My semester is paid for, all bills are paid in time, etc. I can consider myself lucky, as I do well. But somehow my common sense has started playing games with me. A family can be fed with $23,000 here in the states, and quite possibly three families could in some third world country like the one my family and myself come from. I do feel regret, and it's become even worse lately.

Not that my savings are bad, but there could be more. Invest in more stocks, but property, I don't know. I use to drink like an idiot when I was younger, but that's over. But yeah, you could spend what a HT Robo with chair costs on a very stupid night (and not even get laid, true story). I'm in no way justifying what these things cost, because there's not a single rational explanation that could ever do that. These are toys. Absolutely beautifully made toys based on stuff we LOVED as kids. It's the whole nostalgia factor, my dad loved watching Transformers with me, and they were very hard to find where I'm from, and if you did, they were priced out of our means. An Optimus Prime was priced at almost $130 at a local store (American Dollars, a currency that was valued almost X3 of the value of ours) so it was a definitive NO. And it sucked. And the show sucks in Spanish also. Megatron is hilarious.

I'm now more inclined in collecting stuff I ABSOLUTELY adore, stuff i watched/read 1,000 times and never found it boring. Stuff that reminds me of the good times, those long family movie marathons (terminator, robocop, etc)

I love this batman, I love it. But i now only see $500 on my shelf that could've been used for lots of other, significant things instead of admiring it. That has got to be a sign that means things are going to change for me from now on.

I don't know if anyone here has experienced something like this, nor in trying to be a downer, these are my two cents, and just that.

Like someone said before, I really don't care how much of a millionaire you are. You can be Romney-wealthy, and that's fine. But $300 on a toy can not be justified. It can be argued that you have to have it, and that's fine.

Arnie sounds very funny in Spanish too, but it's funny that they dubbed the entire T2 film except for the "hasta la vista baby" part. Lol.

:goodpost:

I agree with you as well. I was only a Transformer collector, and now I'm deep into Hot Toys since June. I keep a log for every purchase I make. It is amazing when you add them all up to see the current Tally. You guys would cry if I told you what my Transformers Grand Max cost me, but I really wanted it, and was not in japan in 1988 so the only way for me was to purchase from a collector in Japan. Even though he sits next to Fort max and Brave max, I still see dollar signs :)

Like what? Red Skull and the first Thor?

How many figure in your collection and how many from that would you make a loss on?

Maybe everyone should do the same? I will have a look at mine and come back.

You might be confusing me with someone else, I never had those two figures.

My FS thread is linked in my sig. I haven't made a sale in ages. The prices I'm resorting to on some complete figures would barely cover some of the purchases I've made on parts on ebay. Its kind of sickening.

I'm not having to look at the rest of my collection to see what I can stomach parting with.

Last edited:
Except iPhones. You can get your money back on a yearly basis. That's if you are into that sort of thing (upgrading yearly)

Well aside from an iPhone. ;)

You might be confusing me with someone else, I never had those two figures.

My FS thread is linked in my sig. I haven't made a sale in ages. The prices I'm resorting to on some complete figures would barely cover some of the purchases I've made on parts on ebay. Its kind of sickening.

I just gave those examples as I see both Red Skull and Thor often popping up for cheap.

Hmn. All this debate about items being worth what they are priced got me thinking.

I just went and looked at my collection (and several others I have boxed up due to space) and I'm somewhat shocked. Between Takara MP's ( all of them released to date, except reissues) and the HT figures I started collecting two years ago, I have almost $23,000 "invested" on TOYS. And that is retail value ( I NEVER pay more than what they were MSRP'd for, REFUSE TO, WILL NEVER DO IT. $50 more is $50 more).

Yes, if I do decide to sell them for any reason, I'm sure that I will get my money back, if not some more. But then I think, where are my priorities? My semester is paid for, all bills are paid in time, etc. I can consider myself lucky, as I do well. But somehow my common sense has started playing games with me. A family can be fed with $23,000 here in the states, and quite possibly three families could in some third world country like the one my family and myself come from. I do feel regret, and it's become even worse lately.

Not that my savings are bad, but there could be more. Invest in more stocks, but property, I don't know. I use to drink like an idiot when I was younger, but that's over. But yeah, you could spend what a HT Robo with chair costs on a very stupid night (and not even get laid, true story). I'm in no way justifying what these things cost, because there's not a single rational explanation that could ever do that. These are toys. Absolutely beautifully made toys based on stuff we LOVED as kids. It's the whole nostalgia factor, my dad loved watching Transformers with me, and they were very hard to find where I'm from, and if you did, they were priced out of our means. An Optimus Prime was priced at almost $130 at a local store (American Dollars, a currency that was valued almost X3 of the value of ours) so it was a definitive NO. And it sucked. And the show sucks in Spanish also. Megatron is hilarious.

I'm now more inclined in collecting stuff I ABSOLUTELY adore, stuff i watched/read 1,000 times and never found it boring. Stuff that reminds me of the good times, those long family movie marathons (terminator, robocop, etc)

I love this batman, I love it. But i now only see $500 on my shelf that could've been used for lots of other, significant things instead of admiring it. That has got to be a sign that means things are going to change for me from now on.

I don't know if anyone here has experienced something like this, nor in trying to be a downer, these are my two cents, and just that.

Like someone said before, I really don't care how much of a millionaire you are. You can be Romney-wealthy, and that's fine. But $300 on a toy can not be justified. It can be argued that you have to have it, and that's fine.

Arnie sounds very funny in Spanish too, but it's funny that they dubbed the entire T2 film except for the "hasta la vista baby" part. Lol.

I think you may be just going at that point in your life where you realize you may be collecting more than what you Need, not Want.
I think there's a lot of us that at one point, look at our collectibles and realize some of the figures have no emotional attachment to them...its just that some may have been an impulse buy cause it was a nice figure and a lot of people wanted them.

I sold many figures after realizing this and only kept figures that I absolutely love.
Looked at each figure and asked myself, Would I regret it if I sell this figure? If the answer was no...it went to Ebay.
Then there's the figures that I know I would get hearbroken if I would ever have to part with it.
Are these figure waste of money? I dont think so.

For me personally it brings a lot of joy, and there's almost never a day goes by I dont look at them.
Before going to work, my morning always starts by drinking coffee in front of my collectibes and eat breakfast.
It makes my morning start on a great note...so to me, if it brightens my day every morning...its worth it.

If any of y'all really want the DX12 batman and do trade for the Qtr scale one, pm me. Only in the U.S. though. He's in perfect condition and it comes with Robbie's custom mouthpiece. I say this a fair trade cuz if u go on evil bay, he cost just as much as the 1/4 version. So let me know if u guys wanna do it. :wave

It is addicting
I have all the figs I wanted(6 of them) but find myself looking for others to buy

If any of y'all really want the DX12 batman and do trade for the Qtr scale one, pm me. Only in the U.S. though. He's in perfect condition and it comes with Robbie's custom mouthpiece. I say this a fair trade cuz if u go on evil bay, he cost just as much as the 1/4 version. So let me know if u guys wanna do it. :wave

I'm sorry, but lol!

I think you may be just going at that point in your life where you realize you may be collecting more than what you Need, not Want.
I sold many figures after realizing this and only kept figures that I absolutely love.

I fully agree, I guess we should call this "mature collector thinking".
Every three years (on average) I take a good look at all the stuff I've accumulated and decide to cut it down to the essential.
It feels great, it brings back the joy you feel when starting a new hobby and it puts a little extra money in my pocket.

I agree with Franpincho, it's not gonna happen.
The QS001 is worth a lot more than the DX12 and Robbie's mouth plate, as nice as it is, makes no difference.

I'm sorry but no one in their right mind will even entertain this offer. You can sell the QS001 and buy the DX12 and have a lot of cash left over....nice try though :wave

I fully agree, I guess we should call this "mature collector thinking".
Every three years (on average) I take a good look at all the stuff I've accumulated and decide to cut it down to the essential.
It feels great, it brings back the joy you feel when starting a new hobby and it puts a little extra money in my pocket.

I would imagine, sometime in the future, There would be a chapter in collecting history known as "The Great Ironman Purge" when many collectors reach this "mature collector thinking" and realize that they spent way too much money on Ironman figures that only showed up for 10 seconds on screen. :rolleyes2

I think there's a lot of us that at one point, look at our collectibles and realize some of the figures have no emotional attachment to them...its just that some may have been an impulse buy cause it was a nice figure and a lot of people wanted them.

Looked at each figure and asked myself, Would I regret it if I sell this figure? If the answer was no...it went to Ebay.
Then there's the figures that I know I would get hearbroken if I would ever have to part with it.
Are these figure waste of money? I dont think so.

For me personally it brings a lot of joy, and there's almost never a day goes by I dont look at them.
Before going to work, my morning always starts by drinking coffee in front of my collectibes and eat breakfast.
It makes my morning start on a great note...so to me, if it brightens my day every morning...its worth it.

They can't be a waste of money. It felt right at the moment. The moment I first opened my Toy Fair Batman Begins (Wayne) I was amazed. First ever HT purchase. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then '89 came out. Keaton, in all of his glory, finally came out. You have absolutely no idea how long I have waited for a Keaton batman done RIGHT (probably you do, lol) and then I looked that the Begins Batman and said to myself: what is this POS doing on my display? (I had acquired other HT's by then) now, I'm a batman fan but that doesn't mean I'm blind. If I find fault with a figure, I'll be sure to not to have my judgment cloud by my fanboysim. I don't think I'll ever be able to let Keaton go, but I did that with the BB one, a figure I thought at one point, was the best one ever. This keeps changing, releases keep getting better for the most part, and also, more expensive. And we want them. We want them all.

Look a the Spider-Man thread: I was somehow excited for it. My first Spidey! Just you go and take a look at the abomination they just released. BUT that's not the worst part. People are just justifying their purchase by saying that even with all the imperfections (wrong HS, wrong body size, wrong eyes, neck looks like a giraffe, he's short like a dwarf, AND he can't do extreme poses because the shoulders WILL break. Out of all figures, Spidey CANT do extreme poses. They literally flame me whenever I say anything negative about that piece of crap.
Does this hobby makes us blind too? Not for the amount of $$$ they ask of us.

Take EB bats, for example. As nice as the 1/4 HT figure is, as awesome as it looks, IT CANT TOUCH IT. And the EB bats was cheaper. IS cheaper. I'm not rooting for EB here, as their products are expensive too.

And yes, maybe I'm in a point in life where things are hitting me differently than what some of you experience. There's always the girlfriend analogy: how much they spend in shoes, bags, whathaveyou. Well, they look f$&@#g hot when they wear them. I can't be alone in this. I just can't. It's hard to find a girl that finds this hobby acceptable, and if you did, marry her already. That just doesn't apply to me, and it's becoming a very hard thing to deal with.

Will I quit? I doubt it. Although I've started selling part of my collection (HT) locally so that I can stop feeling this sense of guilt and somewhat buyers remorse for more than half the HT figures I own (Barney Ross. I BOUGHT Barney Ross. WHY?)

Sorry if becoming annoying. This is the ONLY place I can talk about this freely. My family? Ha!
My gf? Suuure. I love her to death, and she's right when she says I shouldn't spend that much on these things. And she believes they cost $150. Yup.

I really don't want to take away the excitement that is for some of you to own this figure, so excuse my rant.

A well spent $430 for my second QS001 figure- received from BBTS. Compared to the new pricing or around $275 for DX11 and $250 plus for alot of upcoming 1/6 HT figures- I think it is a very reasonably priced figure. However I am a huge Batman fan so I'm biased.

A well spent $430 for my second QS001 figure- received from BBTS. Compared to the new pricing or around $275 for DX11 and $250 plus for alot of upcoming 1/6 HT figures- I think it is a very reasonably priced figure. However I am a huge Batman fan so I'm biased.

Please, define reasonable. Love for the franchise aside. (I own this too, I'm not trolling, in fact i paid more than you on SSC)

They can't be a waste of money. It felt right at the moment. The moment I first opened my Toy Fair Batman Begins (Wayne) I was amazed. First ever HT purchase. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then '89 came out. Keaton, in all of his glory, finally came out. You have absolutely no idea how long I have waited for a Keaton batman done RIGHT (probably you do, lol) and then I looked that the Begins Batman and said to myself: what is this POS doing on my display? (I had acquired other HT's by then) now, I'm a batman fan but that doesn't mean I'm blind. If I find fault with a figure, I'll be sure to not to have my judgment cloud by my fanboysim. I don't think I'll ever be able to let Keaton go, but I did that with the BB one, a figure I thought at one point, was the best one ever. This keeps changing, releases keep getting better for the most part, and also, more expensive. And we want them. We want them all.

Look a the Spider-Man thread: I was somehow excited for it. My first Spidey! Just you go and take a look at the abomination they just released. BUT that's not the worst part. People are just justifying their purchase by saying that even with all the imperfections (wrong HS, wrong body size, wrong eyes, neck looks like a giraffe, he's short like a dwarf, AND he can't do extreme poses because the shoulders WILL break. Out of all figures, Spidey CANT do extreme poses. They literally flame me whenever I say anything negative about that piece of crap.
Does this hobby makes us blind too? Not for the amount of $$$ they ask of us.

Take EB bats, for example. As nice as the 1/4 HT figure is, as awesome as it looks, IT CANT TOUCH IT. And the EB bats was cheaper. IS cheaper. I'm not rooting for EB here, as their products are expensive too.

And yes, maybe I'm in a point in life where things are hitting me differently than what some of you experience. There's always the girlfriend analogy: how much they spend in shoes, bags, whathaveyou. Well, they look f$&@#g hot when they wear them. I can't be alone in this. I just can't. It's hard to find a girl that finds this hobby acceptable, and if you did, marry her already. That just doesn't apply to me, and it's becoming a very hard thing to deal with.

Will I quit? I doubt it. Although I've started selling part of my collection (HT) locally so that I can stop feeling this sense of guilt and somewhat buyers remorse for more than half the HT figures I own (Barney Ross. I BOUGHT Barney Ross. WHY?)

Sorry if becoming annoying. This is the ONLY place I can talk about this freely. My family? Ha!
My gf? Suuure. I love her to death, and she's right when she says I shouldn't spend that much on these things. And she believes they cost $150. Yup.

I really don't want to take away the excitement that is for some of you to own this figure, so excuse my rant.

I used to feel buyers remorse but it was when I realized I bought things just cause I thought it was cool.
With what i have now...none at all.
I have quite a bit of customs and they're generally even more expensive than mass produced but I can honestly say no buyers remorse at all cause they are a great joy to me.
Funny you mentioned batman begins as an example cause my ht begins used to be my favorite and I thought it would never ever leave my shelf.
Then EB begins came, the Eb begins is my all time favorite batman collectible.

I think I'm very fortunate that...including my girlfriend now...I've never had any issues with girls thinking weird about the toys.
I think it depends about your toy presentation, if they're displayed well, then they can look like museum or wax museum type pieces.
But if is just all over your room with no futzing or any presentation...then it can look like a boys room with toys.

Girls who would look unkindly towards action figure can naff off!!

Only a pressy bitch would judge you on that anyways.
My girl is getting me the Batmobile for Xmas! :)

Back