Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proud to say I can't relate to the "how much we spend on booze" argument at all. :lol

That's true everything is but the prices Hot Toys ask for their figures now is like nearly double what they asked half a decade ago. Yeah I know the sculpts and PJs look better but they don't look better enough to warrant such an insane price increase! :horror It's not like they are using more expensive materials like silicon to give a more realistic skin appearance or anything.

PJs? None of my figures wear PJs.

Can't wait for my Legends Studio case to get here. Right now I have to put this in my main display with his head off since he is too tall with it on :(

Yeah, I don't blow my money on alcohol or at bars either, so I wouldn't know.

When I question the "worth" of a collectible I receive, it's never justified with, "well, what could I have bought with that instead". For me, it's about saving. What would I have saved had I not purchased this $300 or $400 doll (or $600 vehicle).

It's not exactly buyers remorse. It's just questioning the value or worth of the product. I'd say in the past year or two, none of the Hot Toys figures have been priced at what they're asking for. Sure, we may have loved our purchase but I think it's worth examining when we're dropping hundreds (or thousands) on these items.

I think it's completely natural to receive something in the mail and think, "is this really $500 in my hands", "is this really a couple of hours of work", etc. If we don't from time to time, it'll only get higher. Sure, we might still be able to afford it, but is that really appropriate? I don't know. While it is disposable income and the necessities do get paid, I don't think it's wrong to think, "you know what, this plastic doll/figure/toy that I just got really shouldn't cost this much, what am I doing". So I completely relate to Maglor in this regard. I think his reaction is a sane one, a reaction that we all have at some point in this hobby, financially stable or not.

I don't think any reasonable person would ever say that $500 is a fair price for a figure.

But good luck getting company anywhere to drop their prices.

If anybody has any idea on how we can, then you will have also solved a lot of planet Earth's greed problems.

Plus, it's not like we can compare prices in an equal way. Is there a more lavish Batman figure out there? No.

It's quite lucky batman in this particular suit and scale is the only character i'd pay this amount for.

Hmn. All this debate about items being worth what they are priced got me thinking.

I just went and looked at my collection (and several others I have boxed up due to space) and I'm somewhat shocked. Between Takara MP's ( all of them released to date, except reissues) and the HT figures I started collecting two years ago, I have almost $23,000 "invested" on TOYS. And that is retail value ( I NEVER pay more than what they were MSRP'd for, REFUSE TO, WILL NEVER DO IT. $50 more is $50 more).

Yes, if I do decide to sell them for any reason, I'm sure that I will get my money back, if not some more. But then I think, where are my priorities? My semester is paid for, all bills are paid in time, etc. I can consider myself lucky, as I do well. But somehow my common sense has started playing games with me. A family can be fed with $23,000 here in the states, and quite possibly three families could in some third world country like the one my family and myself come from. I do feel regret, and it's become even worse lately.

Not that my savings are bad, but there could be more. Invest in more stocks, but property, I don't know. I use to drink like an idiot when I was younger, but that's over. But yeah, you could spend what a HT Robo with chair costs on a very stupid night (and not even get laid, true story). I'm in no way justifying what these things cost, because there's not a single rational explanation that could ever do that. These are toys. Absolutely beautifully made toys based on stuff we LOVED as kids. It's the whole nostalgia factor, my dad loved watching Transformers with me, and they were very hard to find where I'm from, and if you did, they were priced out of our means. An Optimus Prime was priced at almost $130 at a local store (American Dollars, a currency that was valued almost X3 of the value of ours) so it was a definitive NO. And it sucked. And the show sucks in Spanish also. Megatron is hilarious.

I'm now more inclined in collecting stuff I ABSOLUTELY adore, stuff i watched/read 1,000 times and never found it boring. Stuff that reminds me of the good times, those long family movie marathons (terminator, robocop, etc)

I love this batman, I love it. But i now only see $500 on my shelf that could've been used for lots of other, significant things instead of admiring it. That has got to be a sign that means things are going to change for me from now on.

I don't know if anyone here has experienced something like this, nor in trying to be a downer, these are my two cents, and just that.

Like someone said before, I really don't care how much of a millionaire you are. You can be Romney-wealthy, and that's fine. But $300 on a toy can not be justified. It can be argued that you have to have it, and that's fine.

Arnie sounds very funny in Spanish too, but it's funny that they dubbed the entire T2 film except for the "hasta la vista baby" part. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent 80euro yesterday on 3 little 1/6 scale gasmasks. The funny thing is, if I physically walked into a shop and saw those same masks priced at 26euro each I probably wouldn't buy them.

It just goes to show how buying online is dangerous. Especially with credit cards. As they say it almost doesn't feel like its real money.

I think that's the case for many folks.

Not me though, I flippen love big figures. :)
Oh, same here bud, I have 4 now, enterbay bats and both terminators, now this. But if any of the others were this much, I might not have bothered.

beautiful figure
Great pics.

I spent 80euro yesterday on 3 little 1/6 scale gasmasks. The funny thing is, if I physically walked into a shop and saw those same masks priced at 26euro each I probably wouldn't buy them.

It just goes to show how buying online is dangerous. Especially with credit cards. As they say it almost doesn't feel like its real money.
And ebay and paypal.

franpincho, I'll bet not many has counted it up. Nor have I.

I've had a quick guess...:horror

I certainly wouldn't dare. And I do pay over the MSRP and I've also probably spent a fortune on parts on ebay that I didn't keep track of.
Oh i'm a sucker for that too.

but, its all lessons learnt. I probably wont pay as much as I did on this for any figure in the future and I make sure i'm going to use a part I buy from ebay.

Well I think there is one thing we can at least take some consilation on. These at least will make money. I think in most cases, you will break even and in some cases make a tidy profit.

We are at least not buying junk that greatly devalues like a mobile phone or many other items we buy.

Well I think there is one thing we can at least take some consilation on. These at least will make money. I think in most cases, you will break even and in some cases make a tidy profit.

I'm not feeling that at the moment. The item has to be in demand otherwise you can't give it away. I've got a bunch of stuff for sale that no one wants.

Back