Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Marvel ones are almost double what they were 5 or six years ago. they are £19.99 here in the UK. They used to be like 11.99. Someone can correct me on that.

Your right that is a big increase.

I dunno man, Batman threads seem to attract a lot of crazy from what I can see. ;)

That's true if it weren't for Batfan08( AKA John Roberts) trolling that page then this figure might not have ever been improved. So maybe it is a good place to get Hot Toys to listen.:dunno

Nah, just gonna open 1. The others are just to have. When it comes down to items I REALLY REALLY like, i tend to have multiples.

So your going to keep the rest sealed? I take it you are keeping the EX sealed then?

I don't remember saying that.

My mistake then.

I do have a friend that used to make fun of me for collecting 1/6. Calling them dolls and such.

Nowadays? He's spending more than I am.

What is he spending money on?

Your right that is a big increase.

That's true if it weren't for Batfan08( AKA John Roberts) trolling that page then this figure might not have ever been improved. So maybe it is a good place to get Hot Toys to listen.:dunno

AKA identity unknown. The HT Facebook page had its share of psychos, and I wasn't about to use my real name. :lol Every time I see pics of this figure, I'm blown away. Unfortunately, the waitlist thing sort of fell through, but, at least someone else got one! With that being said, this guy will make his way into the collection, at some point. I still hope to have him under the tree come December 25th.:lol

I do feel I was a little crazy spending over £400 on this. Ill admit. Never again will I spend this much. But it's like eamon said, how much money do we spend on booze? I spend loads. I stayed in for a few weeks and was able to afford this. So I guess it's how you look at things.

I actually bought a statue for myself for Christmas for £220 and remember thinking when I was paying 'this seems like a bargain compared to the hot toys batman I got last week' crazy. A bargain for £220!

AKA identity unknown. The HT Facebook page had its share of psychos, and I wasn't about to use my real name. :lol Every time I see pics of this figure, I'm blown away.

Yeah that place is just filled with Hot Toys fan boys. :thud:

Unfortunately, the waitlist thing sort of fell through, but, at least someone else got one! With that being said, this guy will make his way into the collection, at some point. I still hope to have him under the tree come December 25th.:lol

OMG really? What did they say that happened?

Hot toys is acquiring many triple A titles which cost a boat load of cash. That could also be a contributing reason for price increases.

I don't care what anyone's disposable income or financial well being is, $300 on average for 1/6 and $500+ for 1/4 is ridiculous for these things no matter how you justify it.

I've spent thousands on glorified, breakable plastic that were made and peddled in china, toys/collectible a or not. If I take a good, long look at my collection, yeah, it is a bit ridiculous. It wasn't so bad a couple of years ago, but the prices now for these things? Yeah, it's bad.

I'll still justify it because, "well, I like this", I did it for the Hot Toys Batmobile two months ago, I'll do it with their Terminators and Robocop, but it's still shocking what we throw down on these things without a seconds thought.

At the end of the day, I think it's a generational thing. The baby boomers and their kids were the ones who were really first exposed to Super Heroes and action figures, in general. We weren't playing with wooden horses on strings. Then, we grow up, and this is the **** we always wanted growing up. Glorified Action Figures that look like people cloned and miniaturized their favorite film, TV, and comic characters? The prices are absolutely ludicrous; you're right. That being said, we spend it because we're immature. That's not a bad thing; it's just that, even though we grew up, the stuff we like never did.:lol

So your going to keep the rest sealed? I take it you are keeping the EX sealed then?

Unfortunately no. I have the two regular back in NY. Which means ill have to break open the EX. But it's cool though.

What is he spending money on?

I don't even know where to begin:panic:

I honestly don't know how he became a bigger 1/6 fanatic than myself.

Unfortunately no. I have the two regular back in NY. Which means ill have to break open the EX. But it's cool though.

When are you going back to the US? Considering how valuable this figure is if I had three the last one thing I would ever consider opening would the EX. BTW where did you get the EX, since you only had to pay $50 more for it?

I don't even know where to begin:panic:

I honestly don't know how he became a bigger 1/6 fanatic than myself.

Oh so now he is has become a member of this cult to? :lol

When are you going back to the US? Considering how valuable this figure is if I had three the last one thing I would ever consider opening would the EX. BTW where did you get the EX, since you only had to pay $50 more for it?

I'm going back in feb. for one month though. I agree that I should keep the EX sealed. But I really wanna pose it....like now.

I got it in china btw. Arriving tomorrow :yess:

Oh so now he is has become a member of this cult to? :lol

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.

I'm going back in feb. for one month though. I agree that I should keep the EX sealed. But I really wanna pose it....like now.

Oh well I guess you now have the option to display him with the Bale sculpt with empty cowl then. That is if you change your mind. ;)

I got it in china btw. Arriving tomorrow :yess:

Yes I know but where? Like a Chinese online store? Not asking you to tell me which one, just curious is all.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.

I wonder if he will spread the word and more people will join us. :lol

Back