Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i think all that discussion is really subjectif.

:dunno :slap
Let's clarify something, you have posted that you prefer the EB Batman on almost every single page without further comments, that is a subjective statement.
The EB figure has skinny bow legs, there's nothing subjective about it, it is an easily verifiable fact.
Tu saisis la difference maintenant?

Let's clarify something, you have posted that you prefer the EB Batman on almost every single page without further comments, that is a subjective statement.
The EB figure has skinny bow legs, there's nothing subjective about it, it is an easily verifiable fact.

That's your point not mine man, i'm just saying you could see something that someone else does not = subjectif. Tu as aussi saisi j'en suis sur.

Ce n'était pas du tout négatif, relax :thud:

Tourist, I agree with you on a few points. The EB batman does have a camel toe :lol, and yes he has a pot belly that's too big for his own belt. But IMO, his legs look okay :) I actually consider the EB batman's proportions to be one of the figure's strengths. The bow legged problem is something I've noticed, but can easily be remedied by internally rotating his legs at the thighs/hips. The other problems you mentioned can also be easily fixed with either just good futzing or other mods that we're all probably already aware of.

My point is, I don't have a problem with the EB legs, just like I don't have a problem with the shoulder pads being too big on the HT batman. Why? Because I just don't see it, or I may see it but it just doesn't bother me to the point that it's a deal breaker. Everyone will have/see their own strengths and weaknesses in a figure, but that's what makes it subjective/opinion, and not fact. The HT batman being shorter, on the other hand, is a fact and is objective, but skinny/lady legs is not, that's subjective.

Please don't think im trying to bash you, because I know you're a good guy, I'm just saying everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and voice their opinion in a respectful manner. And likewise, everyone has the right to disagree respectfully. You haven't been disrespectful, but maybe just come off as a little harsh and absolute sometimes. And I'll admit, I do prefer the EB batman, but only because I prefer the Begins suit. Both figures are must haves in my opinion, and both are not perfect. But they'll be imperfect for different reasons in my eyes when compared to someone else's, but that's okay because that's just reality. :wave

evypaja4.jpg

More pics freAks

I just wanna add that they're both great figures. Personally, I prefer the last two movies over the first and the overall look of the suit hence why I bought the hot toys version. They're both great but it just comes down to personal preference. People should be happy if they have either and more so if they have both!

I just wanna add that they're both great figures. Personally, I prefer the last two movies over the first and the overall look of the suit hence why I bought the hot toys version. They're both great but it just comes down to personal preference. People should be happy if they have either and more so if they have both!

I agree :) So have you received yours yet? I got mine a couple days ago. And I must say, it's pretty damn impressive! It actually exceeded my expectations and liked it a lot more than I thought I would! I got an extra body off eBay, so I have the Batman cowl and BW sculpt both on display! Looks pretty amazing. You won't be disappointed :hi5:

I agree :) So have you received yours yet? I got mine a couple days ago. And I must say, it's pretty damn impressive! It actually exceeded my expectations and liked it a lot more than I thought I would! I got an extra body off eBay, so I have the Batman cowl and BW sculpt both on display! Looks pretty amazing. You won't be disappointed :hi5:

not yet :( popculcha is expecting their stock in november :impatient:

now I'll have a shiny Ps4 and Batman to look forward to next month after uni finals :yess:

not yet :( popculcha is expecting their stock in november :impatient:

now I'll have a shiny Ps4 and Batman to look forward to next month after uni finals :yess:

That'll be a nice reward to look forward to :) I got the PS4 and XboxOne on preorder too. Not sure if I'll keep them though. I may throw them on eBay to help payoff some of my recent expenses from this hobby :lol Good luck on finals, man. Your batman will be here before you know it!

Lol ibcant decide which to keep too.

I have a 360, and a vita; and ive invested a lot of money on xbox games and collectors editions.

People keep telling me to get the ps4, but it feels weird not contonuing with microsoft lol...

Oh I didn't know you had to break a seal, yeah wouldn't worry about it then if I was you for something as pricey as this.

Well, I don't know how else you'd get under the armor.

Regardless of what is beneath the suits, something has to be said about HT Batman vs EB Batman here.

Most folks on these boards give an easy pass to the EB Batman because is has great presence and terrific cowl sculpts but the fact remains that he has lady legs!
Even if you remove the pot belly and add the missing crotch items the figure is extremely bow legged and the legs are way too thin (zero muscle tone) to support the massive upper body.
When the figure is out of the box with the high belt, pot belly and camel toe, Batman looks like he's wearing Batwoman's legs.
The QS001 Batman has a well proportioned manly body as it should be.
Finally I'd like to add that I like the EB Batman a lot, it's just not as perfect as some seem to think it is.

Lady legs? Bow legged? No.

It does take some work to make him look good, but there's nothing wrong with his legs.

In my subjective opinion...

Sorry man, but it is subjective. I love the EB figure's body.

If yours has bow legs, you're doing something wrong.

Hey Rory! Was wondering where you were.

I actually can't be arsed with this one.

Could you rephrase that statement in "American"? :lol

I haven't popped in here in a while, not too impressed with him Mags?

Here are some bullet points:

• Head too small. Can't be made bigger.
  • Shoulders too wide, can't [easily] be made smaller. (Heating and reshaping is ineffective because the body underneath is too wide. I would literally have to grind the shoulders down.)
  • Belly can be fixed, but only by getting under the suit. (Either by cutting an access hole or by popping the upper body armor off.)
  • All the little plastic details blown up to 1/4 look more toyish than 1/6 to me. (Especially the ab section.)

Back