Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about 'bollocks'? Sometimes it seems like that has double meanings too. I could just Google it but I wanna keep the conversation here. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I've been collecting Batman since 1964, and my allegiance is to the character, not a company that currently holds the rights to produce the toys. Having both the EB and the HT, I'm pleased to possess excellent representations of both Nolan suits in 1/4 scale. That said, the EB did take some significant modding to get it to where I was as pleased with it as I am the HT right out of the package.[/QUOTE]

This.

EB Bats + QC issues > any Nolan Bats HT has ever produced QC free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been collecting Batman since 1964, and my allegiance is to the character, not a company that currently holds the rights to produce the toys. Having both the EB and the HT, I'm pleased to possess excellent representations of both Nolan suits in 1/4 scale. That said, the EB did take some significant modding to get it to where I was as pleased with it as I am the HT right out of the package.

:lecture
I concur with the distinguished Professor.

Just getting home from vacation today, 2nd day into vacation I was notified of this figure arriving at my ups box! How I couldn't wait to get back home haha so so excited!!!!

Will Hot Toys release a 1/4 batman begins soon or is it just all speculation? because I'm deciding whether to get the EB batman now before he's gone or just wait for the hot toys version.

Will Hot Toys release a 1/4 batman begins soon or is it just all speculation? because I'm deciding whether to get the EB batman now before he's gone or just wait for the hot toys version.

Good question mate. I think few people said that is possible but not sure, if you really like the Begins suit go for the EB ^^.

Hey Rory! Was wondering where you were.

Could you rephrase that statement in "American"? :lol

Here are some bullet points:

• Head too small. Can't be made bigger.
  • Shoulders too wide, can't [easily] be made smaller. (Heating and reshaping is ineffective because the body underneath is too wide. I would literally have to grind the shoulders down.)
  • Belly can be fixed, but only by getting under the suit. (Either by cutting an access hole or by popping the upper body armor off.)
  • All the little plastic details blown up to 1/4 look more toyish than 1/6 to me. (Especially the ab section.)

Hey Mags.
I don't speak American. Well actually I do when I'm in LA because otherwise no one understands my Irish accent.:lol

"I can't be arsed" meaning I'm finding it difficult to gather the energy or the interest to mod the QS001. I have kind of started to dislike it to be honest. I think it will be my last 1/4. It's good just doesn't excite me too much.

As for your points, yup, shoulders, horribly big, I thought you would hate them too. My one doesn't have a belly problem, but I've seen it on some of the others. I also hate the kevlar boobs, the shape of his chest, it's too round and extruded for my liking. And the head well, yeah, as we both discussed early on, it's just not anatomically correct.

Are you really gonna sell it? I thought you would find it hard to resist to try and fix some of the stuff at least. But I do understand, it's just too expensive a piece not to be happy with it.:(
It has made me like my 1/6th more though.

''Can't be arsed'' unfortunately is my life motto.
Mine too.

In all seriousness I can't be arsed with modding this figure either. To many unfinished projects as it is.

I'll try to make a video tomorrow about everything I would do if I could be "arsed" with it...

:lol
There you go, you may now officially come to Dublin for pints.

Last edited:
You know Rory means Assed but where he is from he pronounces A.S.S as arse. So you should say you can't be "Assed" and not Arsed with modding this figure either.;)
No when I say arsed I mean arsed. Arse is a word over here that has a multitude of meanings. Very versatile I find. But you are right it can be used as another word for *** as well.

"1. Arse:
Irish & British (rather than exclusively Irish as previously asserted) original version of '***'. Can be used in the same context.
Like the red squirrel by its grey cousin, this particular word is danger of being subsumed by the increasingly popular '***'.
Can I urge you all to protect your arse if you want to keep it.
1. Your arse is quite delicious
2. Oh ARSE! I have spilt my pint.
3. Your mouth smells of arse."

"2. Arse:
The original variant of the vulgar word "***" in American English.

Etymology:

Until the Victorian period, "***" had no profane meaning and simply referred to what we now call the donkey. Because of the increasingly non-rhotic nature of standard British English, "arse" was often rendered "***". The age of Victorian propriety resulted in the rechristening of the horse-like animal, changing the name to "donkey" to avoid any improper inferences. This usage was also adopted in America, which is why the word "arse" is not usually used in the United States. Some people in Britain have adopted the American version in writing. Although before World War I they were similar, the British pronunciations of "***" (IPA /æs/) and "arse" (IPA /α:s/) are now quite different.

Linguistic elitist Briton arses, like the ones on this definition, are known for their pathetic uses of etymology to try and insult the intellect of Americans and -- in this particular case -- Canadians."

Last edited:
Why is it that you folks across the pond can master the American dialect so well, but, most of us can't seem to grasp more than Hugh Grant and Oliver Twist?

I don't speak American. Well actually I do when I'm in LA because otherwise no one understands my Irish accent.:lol

"I can't be arsed" meaning I'm finding it difficult to gather the energy or the interest to mod the QS001. I have kind of started to dislike it to be honest. I think it will be my last 1/4. It's great just doesn't excite me too much.

As for your points, yup, shoulders, horribly big, I thought you would hate them too. My one doesn't have a belly problem, but I've seen it on some of the others. I also hate the kevlar boobs, the shape of his chest, it's too round and extruded for my liking. And the head well, yeah, as we both discussed early on, it's just not anatomically correct.

Are you really gonna sell it? I thought you would find it hard to resist to try and fix some of the stuff at least. But I do understand, it's just too expensive a piece not to be happy with it.:(
It has made me like my 1/6th more though.

May I ask why this will be your last 1/4 and why this has made you like 1/6th more? I mean I could understand if this was your first 1/4 but you have others so why was this the final straw to make you give up on 1/4 altogether? Like were their other problems with your other 1/4 scale figures that didn't seem to be on 1/6th figures?

Why is it that you folks across the pond can master the American dialect so well, but, most of us can't seem to grasp more than Hugh Grant and Oliver Twist?

haha coz America is simple.

but...

'Bangs' for 'fringe'? 'Fanny' for 'bottom'? And the way food and drinks are ordered... 'Can I get a...' 'Im gonna go ahead and have...' And with reference to zombies 'he got bit' no. It's 'he was bitten'.

Putting 'here', 'there' or 'already' at the end of a sentence is awful.

Maths has an S on the end.

And periods are disgusting: it's a full stop.

You can't have a full stop coming out of your bottom but you can have a period out of your fanny.

Back