Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone in the Philippines selling their QS001 pre-order slip? Maxi or Never___ preferred.

Is there anywhere left to pre order this thing?

I'm on the waitlist for the regular but I would feel better knowing I have this locked in somewhere.

I think your spot in the regular wait list will have a better chance to convert than finding a figure at a decent pre-order price to be honest.

I was going to go for Popculturezone, but they really marked up their price.

https://www.popculturezone.com/batman-hot-toys-1-4-scale-18-5-figure-batman-the-dark-knight-rises/

Midtowncomics still has it listed as coming soon, and the price is really good. But I think someone mentioned that they have very limited stock, and tend to sell out right away.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Batman+The+Dark+Knight+Ri_1225970

Urbansamurai usually have extra stock when their stuff comes in, but they usually take a while. Not sure if SPC will have it up on their site if someone cancels.

:lol

No such thing as perfect.
Picasso's art could be absolute perfection to some while to others it would make a nice toilet paper.

Do I think both of these figures are perfect? No.
But are they close to it. Yes!
Both EB and HT are stunning...true works of Art...a masterpiece.
Masterpiece does not mean absolute perfection cause there is no such thing...perfection is subjective.

The EB Batman was my grail figure for quite a while, but the qc issues would hold me back from taking the plunge. Though there were qc issues when I finally picked up the figure, the mods that I did totally justified the price I payed. It's not a perfect figure, the belt and stand feel cheap, the gauntlets aren't glossy enough, and the Bale sculpt is somewhat off. But the proportions, the cowl sculpt, and the mouth plates are pretty spot on to me. I can say that really I'm satisfied with him. The EB Batman's shelf presence is incredible and without a doubt he's the centerpiece of my Nolan Batman collection. Not a day that goes by that I won't stop and stare at him whenever I walk by my display room.

That said, I'm really excited to be getting this 1/4 HT figure. :lol

A couple quick pics and observations:

No doubt it's HT best TDK figure to date. Well proportioned overall, I like the body, it's sturdy and holds its poses with smooth ratchet joints. The ankles do have some side to side movement, and the shoulders do have the up & down shrug joint. The cowl is well done,most pics I've seen have some lens distortion making it seem narrow. Easy to swap out the hands.

But it's typical HT in that, at least on mine, there are little QC issues that add up, and because its a larger scale its even more annoying. First & foremost is the knee pads...the left one on mine is waaaayyy off. If I straighten it out so it looks halfway decent, when you bend the knee its a major Joe Theismann leg. If the knee/leg is correct, the knee pad is almost on the side of the leg. Its not just the knee pad either...the cause is actually the way they put on all of the armor parts on that leg...it's all off badly. You can tell it was done before they put on the suit, thats why its off. I suspect this is going to be the major complaint owners will have. On a sixth scale, they could probably get away with it a little more, but at this scale...its horrendous. The inner shoulder pads are screwy on one side as well. Its held by a single strap, and because its off, it just wont sit right. The buckle on my belt is not centered correctly either, its twisted to one side. Again, at this scale all the flaws are magnified.The eyes are a bit buggy to me (they remind me of Jim Harbaugh bat crap crazy, actually thinking about it, it looks more like Harbaugh than Bale IMHO), I wish they would can PERS...ERS, whatever & just paint the eyes. The face plates are quite expressive but I find the EB ones to have a slightly better paint app and likeness...but only ever so slightly. Curious choice about the gloves...at the straps they just stick out too far from the gauntlet...however, it seems it might be easy to heat & enlarge the opening on the gauntlet and have it slide over the strap. The bicep straps could've been tighter. I also think the face plates should sit a tiny bit deeper into the cowl. Didn't even unpack the stock cape, that's a Lance cape in the pics. Plenty of cool accessories...not impressed with the Bale sculpt. I wish the empty cowl was softer so you could put it on the Bale head, but oh well.

Not sure what I"m going to do. I guaran-a$$-tee these are going to be common flaws & SS is going to give the same old same old answer....full refund, or $.87 store credit, $.46 CC refund. I'm going to take a couple days & think it over. In the end, it's a very good figure that should've been great but undone by typical HT QC issues which are magnified by the scale.

One thing to note, you can make the figure a little taller by pulling the legs out of the boots...its easy....then popping them back in partially.

Last edited:
Nice, honest post there. You're the first person to say you're not impressed with the BW HS. Why don't you like it? Regarding the knee pads, I wonder if there's a way to futz/position them in the correct position, then spot glue the suit to the leg to keep it in position. I'm sure someone will figure something out....

I just flew in from a long business trip, first words out of my mouth were , "where ar my batman figures".

No doubt it's HT best TDK figure to date. Well proportioned overall, I like the body, it's sturdy and holds its poses with smooth ratchet joints. The ankles do have some side to side movement, and the shoulders do have the up & down shrug joint. The cowl is well done,most pics I've seen have some lens distortion making it seem narrow. Easy to swap out the hands.

But it's typical HT in that, at least on mine, there are little QC issues that add up, and because its a larger scale its even more annoying. First & foremost is the knee pads...the left one on mine is waaaayyy off. If I straighten it out so it looks halfway decent, when you bend the knee its a major Joe Theismann leg. If the knee/leg is correct, the knee pad is almost on the side of the leg. Its not just the knee pad either...the cause is actually the way they put on all of the armor parts on that leg...it's all off badly. You can tell it was done before they put on the suit, thats why its off. I suspect this is going to be the major complaint owners will have. On a sixth scale, they could probably get away with it a little more, but at this scale...its horrendous. The inner shoulder pads are screwy on one side as well. Its held by a single strap, and because its off, it just wont sit right. The buckle on my belt is not centered correctly either, its twisted to one side. Again, at this scale all the flaws are magnified.The eyes are a bit buggy to me (they remind me of Jim Harbaugh bat crap crazy, actually thinking about it, it looks more like Harbaugh than Bale IMHO), I wish they would can PERS...ERS, whatever & just paint the eyes. The face plates are quite expressive but I find the EB ones to have a slightly better paint app and likeness...but only ever so slightly. Curious choice about the gloves...at the straps they just stick out too far from the gauntlet...however, it seems it might be easy to heat & enlarge the opening on the gauntlet and have it slide over the strap. The bicep straps could've been tighter. I also think the face plates should sit a tiny bit deeper into the cowl. Didn't even unpack the stock cape, that's a Lance cape in the pics. Plenty of cool accessories...not impressed with the Bale sculpt. I wish the empty cowl was softer so you could put it on the Bale head, but oh well.

Not sure what I"m going to do. I guaran-a$$-tee these are going to be common flaws & SS is going to give the same old same old answer....full refund, or $.87 store credit, $.46 CC refund. I'm going to take a couple days & think it over. In the end, it's a very good figure that should've been great but undone by typical HT QC issues which are magnified by the scale.

One thing to note, you can make the figure a little taller by pulling the legs out of the boots...its easy....then popping them back in partially.

Thanks for posting the pics and for your comments on this figure.Mine haven't arrive yet.Is the cape holding up nicely?

Not saying you are wrong but can you show me a pic where the head doesn't look long.

Here:

ebbatman003labc01b2.jpg

And here:

ebbatman001m01.jpg

The neck and body is perfect for the Enterbay TDK OC Batman (just lens distortion in some pics). Also remember Christian Bale was bulkier in Batman Begins.

Nice, honest post there. You're the first person to say you're not impressed with the BW HS. Why don't you like it? Regarding the knee pads, I wonder if there's a way to futz/position them in the correct position, then spot glue the suit to the leg to keep it in position. I'm sure someone will figure something out....

Regarding the Bale sculpt...it's a pretty good likeness, but IMHO not great. To me it's just off, I can't put my finger on it. If you get it in a certain position or two it's better but it doesn't doesn't blow my skirt up.

About the legs/ knee pads...it's a well worn cliche around here, but you have to get it in hand & try to futz it & then you see just how off it is. IMO the whole leg was not positioned correctly when they glued the armor on...the individual parts are seemingly correct relative to each other but WOW, in totality, relative to having the legs turned straight so the knee bends like a human being...Joe Theismann pencil sharpener city.

I've seen some pics where the neck is too long. I didn't feel the need to pad/shim under there yet, as you can just put your thumbs on the neck post and lift at the shoulder blades...there's almost a 1/2 inch play in there to lift it up. At some point I'll probably shim it so it stays in place.

Regarding the custom cape...the ends that stick into the hole could be longer...you have to stuff a lot in there to get it to stay & even then it slips out easy because the space in that hole is pretty big. I did stuff some of the foam packing in there to keep it in place & that seemed to work well. I'm thinking about getting some of the round magnets the EB uses....you can get some really strong ones at Home Depot in the adhesive section...& see if I can make that work as a permanent solution.

Last edited:

I got the same issues you do, so you're right, I think these are going to be common problems, and therefore I'm not going to bother returning mine as the chance of getting one with worse flaws is too high, not to mention sideshow are sold out so I'd have to source a regular locally. I'm just over returning and replacing figures, it's a pain in the a$$.

Mine also seems to have a bit of an issue with the chest on the carbon fibre bit. One side appears a little glossy, while the other side is matte. Not sure if others have this problem. It is annoying, but when the figure is lit from above you don't notice it, only if you shine a light on the chest. Not sure if you have this problem.

Surprised you don't like the Bale sculpt. I didn't like it at all in pics, but in person I liked it quite a bit. The empty cowl feels kinda useless to me. I wanted to pose him holding the cowl like he's about to put it on, or he just took it off, but there really isn't a set of hands that allow you to do this that looks natural, and hold the cowl sturdy enough without it falling out of his hands.

Agree about the eyes, but I don't think they are too big, it's just that they are wide open, like he's just racked a few lines of speed. We're normally used to seeing Bale squint that's why it seems weird. You can't really see his eyes when the figure is lit from above anyway.

Regarding the Bale sculpt...it's a pretty good likeness, but IMHO not great. To me it's just off, I can't put my finger on it. If you get it in a certain position or two it's better but it doesn't doesn't blow my skirt up.

About the legs/ knee pads...it's a well worn cliche around here, but you have to get it in hand & try to futz it & then you see just how off it is. IMO the whole leg was not positioned correctly when they glued the armor on...the individual parts are seemingly correct relative to each other but WOW, in totality, relative to having the legs turned straight so the knee bends like a human being...Joe Theismann pencil sharpener city.

I've seen some pics where the neck is too long. I didn't feel the need to pad/shim under there yet, as you can just put your thumbs on the neck post and lift at the shoulder blades...there's almost a 1/2 inch play in there to lift it up. At some point I'll probably shim it so it stays in place.

Regarding the custom cape...the ends that stick into the hole could be longer...you have to stuff a lot in there to get it to stay & even then it slips out easy because the space in that hole is pretty big. I did stuff some of the foam packing in there to keep it in place & that seemed to work well. I'm thinking about getting some of the round magnets the EB uses....you can get some really strong ones at Home Depot in the adhesive section...& see if I can make that work as a permanent solution.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I think you pulled it up a bit high. Make yourself a shim that is the exact hight needed to get the perfect length, and you'll never have to think about it again.

Man, I have agree with you. Based on the pics, HT probably should just paint the eyes. They definitely don't look terrible and they do offer a lot more in regards to pose-ability, but the ERS causes the eyes to lack the realism and accuracy that I see when I look at the EB cowl.

I hope the legs/knee pads are not as bad as you say they are... if you're comparing them to Joe Theismann, must be a pretty bad/obvious flaw. You think maybe your figure's legs are worse than others? If so, i would def try to get an exchange, especially with the belt and other QC issues you mentioned. Like I said, hopefully Maglor or someone else will find a solution to the knee pad problem.

Do you at least think the Wayne HS is better than the EB? I think the HT version looks better based off everyone's pics. Haven't seen it in hand yet, but it looks pretty good to me. Not perfect, but pretty dang close.

Omfg this figure is amazing. All the details are incredible and words cant describe the awesomeness. Its the ultimate TDK/TDKR figure. Nuff said. Get one asap if you remotley want it.

Here ya go buddy. :wave

The cowl still looks too long for the body but maybe that is what it is suppose to look like.

Someone was looking for a link to the EX waitlist:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-hot-toys-9019251/

I doubt many will convert, you have better chances with the regular.

I am suprized it's back again.

Here:

ebbatman003labc01b2.jpg

And here:

ebbatman001m01.jpg

The neck and body is perfect for the Enterbay TDK OC Batman (just lens distortion in some pics). Also remember Christian Bale was bulkier in Batman Begins.

Well I am not saying they are not but do we have any comparison pics from the movie and the figure to prove this point?

I'm wondering if you can put black tape on the ends that go under the armor. The way Tony Meis does to his custom dx12 capes? That might also help hold it under the armor.

Man, I have agree with you. Based on the pics, HT probably should just paint the eyes. They definitely don't look terrible and they do offer a lot more in regards to pose-ability, but the ERS causes the eyes to lack the realism and accuracy that I see when I look at the EB cowl.

Finally someone other than me has said the exact same thing I have said. However, the majority of people want moveable eyes even if ****s up the accuracy and realism. :thud:

So I think moveable eyes are here to stay. :(

Last edited:

Great review but how much taller can you make him by doing this?

Great review but how much taller can you make him by doing this?

Not sure, but someone else posted pics of this mod next the the EB bats, and the height difference was definitely improved. But then again, someone else pointed out that the EB bats was not perfectly upright in the pics, which exaggerated the actual improvement in height. Also, not sure if the mod is actually wise since it could make the figure unstable with the foot pegs not properly seated.

qs1_zpsa784a54c.jpg

This figure seems to have a bit of crossed eyes problem, like almost every PERS figure.

I think this figure looks pretty good from some angles. But the fact of PERS, the wrong back of his head, and how small it is compared to the EB Batman makes me think if I really want this figure... In the other hand there is a big chance that we won't see another 1/4 Batman TDKR..

So I don't know... :(

Back