Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of Lance's velvet capes lying around from my EB 1/4 scale Batman. I never used it on that, I didn't like the look. I also have always found the velvet he uses is the wrong scale for 1/6th.

But... on this, it looks perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Is it worth its price tag?
Yes, it is. Displayed properly it will look amazing, getting used to the ratchet joints and the ankles is a little off putting at first.

I had one of Lance's velvet capes lying around from my EB 1/4 scale Batman. I never used it on that, I didn't like the look. I also have always found the velvet he uses is the wrong scale for 1/6th.

Yes, it is. Displayed properly it will look amazing, getting used to the ratchet joints and the ankles is a little off putting at first.

Which cape? The 1:6 or the 1:4 eb custom cape

Couple of quick ones.. will set up properly later.

1_zps238561a6.jpg
2_zps48bf30fc.jpg

Last edited:
2 Things You Must Do When You Open Your QS001:

1. Leave the ****ty cape in the box and stick Lance's velvet one on.
2. Leave the ****ty stand in the box and use EB's 1/4 scale one, or get him to stand without it.

You have been warned.

Is the base really that bad? people hated the QS002 endo base but i didn't mind it.

Also going to give my EB bats his stock cape back and steal the velvet one from him for the time being until i can pick up a second from lance.

Also timcent posted mine today :rock im hoping end of week :pray:

A figure I had absolutely no intention of getting is now the figure I want the most. SSC needs to get their shipment in already :(

Is this the velvet cape Rory?

Yes, I picked it up for EB but didn't like the look of it on that figure. It's perfect on this.

Is the base really that bad? people hated the QS002 endo base but i didn't mind it.

Well, I hate it, I didn't mind the Terminator QS002 base as much, at least it made sense to the figure, but it looked a bit cheesy IMO.
This one, well it's so restrictive you can only pose Batman in one or two awkward ways. I like classic "museum" posing, which isn't possible with this,
and it is also the cheapest looking part of the set IMO. The figure itself looks like a high end collectible (which it should) personally I would have liked something simple and classy to go with it. Not toyish? I guess it depends on how you want to display this. And whilst this figure is sturdy, I wouldn't trust standing for long periods on it's own, it's too heavy, and that magnetic head would fly across the room if he toppled. :lol

Edit: Just noticed, that first close-up pic I posted looks a little bit like Ben Affleck?
:lol

Last edited:

Great pictures as always Rory. How does it stack up against your modded DX 12?

Yes, I picked it up for EB but didn't like the look of it on that figure. It's perfect on this.

Well, I hate it, I didn't mind the Terminator QS002 base as much, at least it made sense to the figure, but it looked a bit cheesy IMO.
This one, well it's so restrictive you can only pose Batman in one or two awkward ways. I like classic "museum" posing, which isn't possible with this,
and it is also the cheapest looking part of the set IMO. The figure itself looks like a high end collectible (which it should) personally I would have liked something simple and classy to go with it. Not toyish? I guess it depends on how you want to display this. And whilst this figure is sturdy, I wouldn't trust standing for long periods on it's own, it's too heavy, and that magnetic head would fly across the room if he toppled. :lol

Edit: Just noticed, that first close-up pic I posted looks a little bit like Ben Affleck?
:lol

I too like my figures in museum style poses. I don't like too dynamic as it find it looks a bit odd that's why i don't like many of Clipperkings poses on youtube.

It is funny though how the base represents the blown up building scene from TDK yet its a TDKR release,same goes for the villain mask's.

I am offering velvet capes for this. The same one that Rory is using. They are 50 dollars shipped anywhere.

I will be taking you up on that in a few days lance hopefully

Last edited:
No cuts??But my 1/4 Eb cape has a hole in order to be passed through the neck...

I think Lance did a couple of different types.

Great pictures as always Rory. How does it stack up against your modded DX 12?
It's great, a few things bug me, but it's all pretty minor.

It is funny though how the base represents the blown up building scene from TDK yet its a TDKR release,same goes for the villain mask's.
Yeah, it was a strange thing to do, I guess they were trying to cover the entire trilogy. But even the extra masks (joker/bane etc) are pretty craptastic.
Clown is the best of them, the EX cowl is very cool, I didn't think I would be bothered with it, but it's really nice.

Back