Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get yours from hk or usa bbts?

HK.

Are the boots just one piece?

Yep.

Holy moly. Looking great Rory. That cape takes it up a helluva lot.

:duff
Thats what she said. :lecture

Anyways, less words; moAR PICs, rory :D

They look great from the pics you posted so far - even better than the HK bloggers i must say. Really helps illustrate what they'll look like in hand.
Thanks man, I will try and post some more in a bit.

It's always good to read Rory's impressions. Great photography too, post some more!

I don't think the display stand was the best choice. Are there any generic stands out there that are good for this scale?

Didn't have to cut anything, hell of a lot easier to get in then the stock!
Quick pic..

1_zps30a944e1.jpg

:rock cape adds so much more to this guy. I maybe in the minority but i don't like EB stands either, not sure what it is but something is missing from them.

:rock cape adds so much more to this guy. I maybe in the minority but i don't like EB stands either, not sure what it is but something is missing from them.

No I'm not a fan of the EB stands either, they are cheap and nasty, especially the metal name plate, it's just not as nasty as the train wreck (literally, as thats what it looks like) that comes with the QS001!
:lol

Think I will make my own.

No I'm not a fan of the EB stands either, they are cheap and nasty, especially the metal name plate, it's just not as nasty as the train wreck (literally, as thats what it looks like) that comes with the QS001!
:lol

Think I will make my own.

Anything specific in mind? one thing about the HT stand is i like the Nameplate, frigging Enterbay's kept falling off

I wouldn't mind a diorama covering the whole of the shelf of my besta for this. I think a load of rubble and the girder which he stands on in TDK (when Rachel gets blown up) would look great. So basically a bigger full size version of the stand he comes with :lol or the steps from the end fight of TDKR.

I wonder why this guy isn't available from the majority of sellers in HK yet? It must have something to do with the battery issue.

Amazing how close the left side movie still matches the right side Hot Toys sculpt!!!

1fu1.jpg

Well, except the fact that his mouth is open on the left...

First impressions (haven't even put on cape yet):

Box: beautiful, the spot varnish printing and embossing is amazing.
Faceplates: Excellent, some of the best paintwork HT have done.
Wayne Sculpt: Best out there, the paintwork is fantastic, rivals the best of Enterbays heads (that's a compliment from me).
Batman Body: Suit looks good, knee pads are waay off though, and it's not as straightforward as just twisting them to the right place. I'm sure I will figure it out later. The Boots are ONE piece, OK looking.
The Belt: Dissapointed with the belt after the DX12 belt in 1/6th which I though was incredibly detailed, this is good just not mind blowing. I actually think it's because it has die cast elements (not sure about that).

The stand: Hate it. But I knew I would. It's just stupid and restricting.
The other bits and bobs: All look good, the best being the EX cowl.
Bane and scarecrow masks are just cheap junk.

So all in all at this point, the stuff that matters looks great. I'm just not sure yet about the joints. I know I hate the magnet neck, it doesn't work very well at this scale.

Here's a bit just for Maglor:
Don't worry about the fupa, it's just not there, at least on my one, flat as a washboard, even a bit concave.
You will hate the glove straps, they are even more flared and obvious on this. And the shoulder pads look too bulky.
Get the hairdryer ready..

more later.... so far 8/10

Thanks for the review. And I agree about the shoulder pads. I figured I would have to do some heat-squeeze-freeze.

I will almost certainly be cutting straps off the gloves.

can't wait for rorywan pics, in the mean time
1239997_10151871952454890_628865613_n.jpg

:horror :yuck :panic: :horror

I had one of Lance's velvet capes lying around from my EB 1/4 scale Batman. I never used it on that, I didn't like the look. I also have always found the velvet he uses is the wrong scale for 1/6th.

But... on this, it looks perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Yes, it is. Displayed properly it will look amazing, getting used to the ratchet joints and the ankles is a little off putting at first.

What ankles does it have? :(

Couple of quick ones.. will set up properly later.

1_zps238561a6.jpg
2_zps48bf30fc.jpg

Creamed me pants...

I am offering velvet capes for this. The same one that Rory is using. They are 50 dollars shipped anywhere.

What template did you use for this?

Didn't have to cut anything, hell of a lot easier to get in then the stock!
Quick pic..

1_zps30a944e1.jpg

Sweet heavenly lord...

Finally some good futzing.

Back