Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know; I'd say the body may be the most accurate we've seen, in any scale, thus far, and the "paunch" seems like something of a non-issue to me; particularly if you've got him hunched over. As for the mask, I get that some people dislike the proportions (back of the head/chin, but, outside of those things, I'd say that, from the front, at least, it looks pretty spot-on. That's just me, though.

several inaccuracies and some choices in the design

does not make me pull the trigger
for many it is a excellent figure
for me it's a good figure

The paunch? Oh come on guys, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is battle armour, not a skin tight leotard. Certain parts are going to stick out. Most likely for durability .. When you wear any type of armour (soft body armour, ballistic vest) you need the stomach to be loose for when you sit down so you can expand for comfort. ;)

these guys are really going off the deep end, as usual
Anyone nitpicking and complaining on such ridiculously minor details seem to FORGET this is a doll...an action figure...a toy:slap
He looks sensational

Anyone nitpicking and complaining on such ridiculously minor details seem to FORGET this is a doll...an action figure...a toy:slap
He looks sensational

I guess people think 1/4 scale should be close enough to nail costume, even the minor details. :dunno

The fig looks really good imo, except for the Bale sculpt the early pregnancy looking abs area ( lets hope it doesn't leak ) Oh and the mask sculpt is a little off, apart from that a good fig.

I am not going down the 1/4 route though so good luck to all who are getting him.

He looks sensational

I've got to say that I'm actually inclined to agree; moreso, considering what it originally looked like. I'd be a hypocrite if I said that complaining was ridiculous; I may have been the most vocal complainer out there, when this thing was released, but, the fact of the matter is, there's no longer any point in complaining. For one thing, HT actually listened and turned it around and made an amazing figure out of a subpar offering, and, for another, that's just it; it's already made.

I'm all for picking out even the most minor of inaccuracies during the prototype stage, but, at this point, it's very unlikely that HT are going to recall every figure and resculpt, recast, and repaint every cowled head/everything else that entails being redone, and thinning out the body by a few millimeters. My advice: enjoy it. This is probably the best out of the box Nolan Batman figure we've seen, in any scale, and my guess is that it'll remain that way for quite some time.

And how long a delay does this mean? I can't imagine yanking batteries out of thousands of Batman figs and repackaging them will be quick. :slap

My guess is that HT allotted specific (battery and non-battery) amounts to each region, and, if people in HK want to sell via eBay, etc., it's up to them to remove them. That being said, how likely are customs to actually know that there are batteries in these things?:lol

Interesting; I wonder what that means for HK sellers on eBay?

They have to take them out.

My guess is that HT allotted specific (battery and non-battery) amounts to each region, and, if people in HK want to sell via eBay, etc., it's up to them to remove them. That being said, how likely are customs to actually know that there are batteries in these things?:lol
Customs scanners can pick them up. They are now considered a hazard.
I would imagine you are correct, yeah not sure how SS will deal with getting batteries into these though.

Ouchhhh, the EX is £461 from timcent on ebay. I really am hoping prices go down for the reg. The most i wanna spend on this is £380.

Back