Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how people think HT will make 1/4 Joker, at least anytime soon. Yes he is a cash cow for HT but they do not have the license for TDK. EB has the license, i think we'll have a better chance at EB making a TDK Batman figure then HT making TDK Joker. I would like them to make a Joker to go with my EB Joker but i really don't see this anytime soon. If they get the Batman Vs. Superman license which i'm sure they will, i don't see Nolan trilogy figures coming out other than the ones they're currently working on/been announced.

When you say they don't have the TDK license, you mean the license to make 1/4 toys? They're only permitted to produce 1/6 toys?

I don't see how people think HT will make 1/4 Joker, at least anytime soon. Yes he is a cash cow for HT but they do not have the license for TDK. EB has the license, i think we'll have a better chance at EB making a TDK Batman figure then HT making TDK Joker. I would like them to make a Joker to go with my EB Joker but i really don't see this anytime soon. If they get the Batman Vs. Superman license which i'm sure they will, i don't see Nolan trilogy figures coming out other than the ones they're currently working on/been announced.

Ah, good points Darth.

I don't know who has what license, but what you say makes sense.

That said, as much as I love this HT 1/4 Bat, I would go nuts it if EB took a shot at TDK Batsuit! I would make room for both.

I'd love a 1/4 Bane, but I seriously doubt it'll get made. I just don't think the character is iconic enough to most people (I personally love this character in TDKR). With the price of 1/4 scale figures l, HT are likely to stick to only the most iconic characters, those that are guaranteed to sell.

Also, I think I must be in the minority when it comes to '89 Batman. I personally don't give a crap about Keaton Batman (never really liked Keaton as an actor), and while I enjoyed the movie as a kid, it's quite dated now and doesn't have the same appeal to me as it did back then. The acting is bad and the action scenes are laughable lol. The only thing i still like from that movie is Nicholson's Joker. He's still awesome after seeing the movie again recently. I can understand why this movie and the characters are so popular though, so I'd say a 1/4 Keaton Batman is very likely to happen as it would sell very well.

Personally, I'm hoping HT do a 1/4 scale Dutch from Predator at some point, hopefully with a more accurate head sculpt of Arnie.

When you say they don't have the TDK license, you mean the license to make 1/4 toys? They're only permitted to produce 1/6 toys?

HT does not have the 1/4 license for TDK, only TDKR. I hope EB will do a TDK suit even though they did the earlier Begins suit as seen in the beginning of TDK.

I'd love a 1/4 Bane, but I seriously doubt it'll get made. I just don't think the character is iconic enough to most people (I personally love this character in TDKR). With the price of 1/4 scale figures l, HT are likely to stick to only the most iconic characters, those that are guaranteed to sell.

Also, I think I must be in the minority when it comes to '89 Batman. I personally don't give a crap about Keaton Batman (never really liked Keaton as an actor), and while I enjoyed the movie as a kid, it's quite dated now and doesn't have the same appeal to me as it did back then. The acting is bad and the action scenes are laughable lol. The only thing i still like from that movie is Nicholson's Joker. He's still awesome after seeing the movie again recently. I can understand why this movie and the characters are so popular though, so I'd say a 1/4 Keaton Batman is very likely to happen as it would sell very well.

Personally, I'm hoping HT do a 1/4 scale Dutch from Predator at some point, hopefully with a more accurate head sculpt of Arnie.

I know HT announced 1/4 Predator figures...they did say Dutch would be made but with HT you never know if they'll commit or not (Green Lantern license).

For 1/4 the only other figures I could see myself getting from HT are Dutch, Ledger Joker (one that is actually accurate..), Begins Batman, TDKR Bane, The T1 T-800 1/4 that HT teased, and T-1000

Cool.

I just want everyone to keep going. EB and HT competing is good for the art-form...and good for us, the customers.

EB Dark Knight suit would be awesome.

So would HT BANE!

We may get better figures with the two companies trying to out-do each other, versus one company hogging the whole DK trilogy.

Though, I know for some, if there are scale discrepancies, that will be an issue.

HT announced a 1:4 dutch some time ago now. It will be a definite purchase from me.

HT does not have the 1/4 license for TDK, only TDKR.

Isn't the QS001 considered a TDK figure too because it has accessories from that movie like the sticky bomb rifle, backpack, Joker mask, etc? Anyway, I see what you mean as the figure is officially under the TDKR line.

Isn't the QS001 considered a TDK figure too because it has accessories from that movie like the sticky bomb rifle, backpack, Joker mask, etc? Anyway, I see what you mean as the figure is officially under the TDKR line.

Also the sonar head and batarangs (He never used batarangs in TDKR)
They could have done that to start a TDK hype :dunno
I honestly hope they get the 1/4 TDK license for a Joker, because I've heard horror stories of the EB Joker.

I could be wrong but i think Howard stated in a recent interview(i think it was with HKFC) that they have the license for all three films in the trilogy but no exclusivity.EB has the license for TDK at 1/4 scale only but who knows for how long they aquired it for!?^_^

The only major QC issues(if you want to call them that) i've heard about the EB Joker were the sticky paint issue,short leg syndrome,and i think something about the grenade rig but that's about it so what horror stories are you talking about The Joker?Just curious!!^_^

The only major QC issues(if you want to call them that) i've heard about the EB Joker were the sticky paint issue,short leg syndrome,and i think something about the grenade rig but that's about it so what horror stories are you talking about The Joker?Just curious!!^_^

I don't know if it's true, but I heard about wet paint..

I can't wait to see what this looks like with the normal mouth even though I'll be posing him with the mouth we saw at SDCC.

Off topic, but do the newer HT announcements seem to look more like just regular people? There just seems to be less emotion in them then before.

Last edited:
Ok let it be cleared right now

1/4 Batman 1989 : NECA GOT THE LICENSE

1/4 BATMAN BEGINS : HOT TOYS GOT THE LICENSE

1/4 THE DARK KNIGHT : ENTERBAY GOT THE LICENSE

1/4 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES : HOT TOYS GOT THE LICENSE

AND THE NEXT 1/4 BATMAN FIGURES WILL BE BATMAN RETURNS 1992 AND HOT TOYS ALREADY ANNOUNCED LAST YEAR THAT THEY GOT THE LICENSE , IT WILL BE THE LAST 1/4 BATMAN FIGURE THAT WILL BE PRODUCED RIGHT NOW

Last edited:
Ok let it be cleared right now

1/4 Batman 1989 : NECA GOT THE LICENCE

1/4 BATMAN BEGINS : ENTERBAY GOT THE LICENCE

1/4 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES : HOT TOYS GOT THE LICENCE

AND THE NEXT 1/4 BATMAN FIGURES WILL BE BATMAN RETURNS 1992 AND HOT TOYS ALREADY ANNOUNCED LAST YEAR THAT THEY GOT THE LICENCE , IT WILL BE THE LAST 1/4 BATMAN FIGURE THAT WILL BE PRODUCED RIGHT NOW

EB made the BB suit under the TDK license, that's why people *can* speculate that EB may also have the rights to make a 1/4 Batman in TDK motorcycle-type armor.

Also, NECA has licenses for 1/4 franchises that Hot Toys seem to share with them as per numerous Howard Chan interviews, like 1/4 Avengers and 1/4 Predators (which HT's already teased), so people again *can* assume a lot of things from there.

Back