Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping he would ship earlier this month to avoid a big bill next month, but it doesn't looks like that will happen. Barring any other delays, next month will truly be "Batman Month" for me with this fig, 2nd edition of Batman vs Killer Croc diorama, and PF all scheduled to arrive. :panic::yess:

^^^^^^^

Same. Especially with the DX11 Joker.

E7E6ABA4-8C32-4F2B-AF82-AB1F26D44612-1686-000000735D70F942_zps72ec0eff.jpg

lol, what an ugly figure that DX12 is... looks like C3PO's body under the batsuit, and the headsculpt lol. I think Hot toys is still laughing at the people who bught the DX12 :lol

24q1vma.jpg

Hope you can push the faceplate in more. I hate seeing the top edges sticking out.

Compared to the real thing, the QS001 looks really really not accurate.

lol, what an ugly figure that DX12 is... looks like C3PO's body under the batsuit, and the headsculpt lol. I think Hot toys is still laughing at the people who bught the DX12 :lol

:huh C3PO's body? I honestly don't see anything wrong with the DX12, except that head sculpt but that's because I prefer likeness and realism, for most Hot Toys collectors(not people here on the boards) that is not important. It's not really a bad sculpt overall it just looks too cartoonish and very toy like just like the DX11 IMO.

Other than the cowl shape what else do you find that is wrong with it?

I think that QS001 looks better when you look up at it. Which is why I'll have this on the top part of my detolf.
1174858_517513624990402_1214415549_n.jpg

I actually don't understand. It looks incredibly accurate.

24q1vma.jpg

The pictures are obviously different due to the lighting - and because of that, you could argue that the cowl looks different in all the three pictures below . You have to remember that comparing pictures of a HT figure to the real figure is never going to be fair due to the lightning, the angle and the fact that the HT is smaller.

You can't expect perfection but what that 1/4 scale figure looks VERY close.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

The pictures are obviously different due to the lighting - and because of that, you could argue that the cowl looks different in all the three pictures below . You have to remember that comparing pictures of a HT figure to the real figure is never going to be fair due to the lightning, the angle and the fact that the HT is smaller.

Not sure what you mean the cowl looks different due to the lighting?

I would say cowl shape looks different in all three pictures due to the pics of it taken on different angles. The cowl shape looks pretty much the same in the first and third pictures IMO.

Well EB nailed the BB cowl for 1/4, why can't HTs nail the TDK cowl for 1/4 as well? :huh

Is it because it is a harder cowl to get perfect and BBs one is easier?

Well EB nailed the cowl for 1/4, why can't HTs nail the cowl for 1/4 as well? :huh

Well, to be completely fair, the EB likeness is not perfect either.

From a straight-on front view, the eyes are too far apart. If you took the cowl off, the dude under there would look very odd. At 3/4 angles it is much more successful.

T7, it's cool.

We know you own the figure and love it. Why are you pretending to be an Internet bad@$$ and hating on it? When you throw your fake temper tantrums about the dx12, are you secretly trying to trick others into selling it? So then you can be one of the prestigious few to own it?

T, it's cool man, don't be selfish.

I mean shape though, didn't they nail the shape of it?

The shape of the EB cowl, you mean? I think it looks great.

And the likeness "under" the cowl is quite good, especially at 3/4 angles. They really captured Bale's squint. But the actual "spacing" between the eyes is slightly off, too wide...and you can see it at frontal views.

Still an awesome awesome sculpt though....

T7, it's cool.

We know you own the figure and love it. Why are you pretending to be an Internet bad@$$ and hating on it? When you throw your fake temper tantrums about the dx12, are you secretly trying to trick others into selling it? So then you can be one of the prestigious few to own it?

:lol

The shape of the EB cowl, you mean? I think it looks great.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean, so why can't Hot Toys get the shape right at this scale if EB can get theirs right? Do you think it is because it is harder to sculpt the shape of the TDK cowl?

And the likeness "under" the cowl is quite good, especially at 3/4 angles. They really captured Bale's squint. But the actual "spacing" between the eyes is slightly off, too wide...and you can see it at frontal views.

Still an awesome awesome sculpt though....

Never noticed that until you brought it up then went and looked at some front on pics and totally see what you mean. Nevertheless, still looks good though. :)

T7, it's cool.

Is that truly his beef? he's been bitter for god knows how long.

Not sure what you mean the cowl looks different due to the lighting?

I would say cowl shape looks different in all three pictures due to the pics of it taken on different angles. The cowl shape looks pretty much the same in the first and third pictures IMO.

You misunderstand. I was talking about the comments made about the 1/4 scale cowl compared with the real cowl.

My argument was that the three real cowls are all the same - but can appear every so slightly different due to lighting.

This is similar to the HT cowl and the real cowl being the same (or close) but can look different due to the lighting.

You misunderstand. I was talking about the comments made about the 1/4 scale cowl compared with the real cowl.

My argument was that the three real cowls are all the same - but can appear every so slightly different due to lighting.

This is similar to the HT cowl and the real cowl being the same (or close) but can look different due to the lighting.

Can you be more specific, what way do they look different in lighting? Do you mean in shape or something else?

Shape does change greatly in lighting and head position. You see it more in Rises. The head can be quite wide then some other scenes out of the Bat "so thats what that feels like" and a few others it's relatively thin because there's no pressure on the cowl.

Back