Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman in close up was almost always shot by Pfister with a wider lens...slims the neck and the width of the cowl but bumps up the size of the nose a touch.

Look at that close up where he says "Bane", in the sewer, from the comparison above. Or the last shot of him at end of RISES, the close up in the cockpit...wider lens again.

They were lovely.

lyys.png

xxg0.png

7wev.png

ahfc.png

08r7.png

lg94.png

d14a.png

vdd3.png

at25.png

mbck.png

Every still, mouth open. ****ing mouth breather. :lol

That cowl must have been hell, especially if the nose holes were closed up.

How do you take screenshots?

Haha, I see one of the extras that I helped train in one of those shots, he's getting "punched"! Brings back great memories.

Last edited:
lol, what an ugly figure that DX12 is... looks like C3PO's body under the batsuit, and the headsculpt lol. I think Hot toys is still laughing at the people who bught the DX12 :lol/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I'm also laughing at how the value on my dx12 keeps going up. And I can easily sell it for way more than what I paid for it. But I won't, because its a great figure. Pretty funny huh?

Just cause the value goes up on a figure doesn't mean that its a great figure.Personally,i don't judge a figure by how much it has gone up in price but on how well it looks and how well it plays with its accessories!I think so anyway!^_^

How can a 3D object appear to look like a different shape due to different lighting? :confused:

What has pressure got to do with lighting? :huh

Would love to share this with you, bud (as well as to those who are curious).

Lighting is a big factor when it comes to how our eyes perceive an object. It's one of the oldest tricks used in entertainment to provide illusion of size, morphing, etc.

Here's a great video created by an artist for use as reference by his fellow artists. It's amazing how the same face -- while in the same angle -- could look different in form and size with lighting :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86YZYwnnJg4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86YZYwnnJg4[/ame]

Hey guys here is a video where you can see at least for a bit the qs batman at stgcc 2013!!

[ame]https://youtu.be/vPwZpnSnz4k[/ame]

This.

Batman's cowl in his sewer fight with Bane, looks very different in comparison to when it is fully lit by natural daylight in the final battle.

It can look thinner and wider due to the shadows it casts on it self. The eye sockets look completely different.

In The Dark Knight, at the end when Two-Face is dead on the floor and Batman and Gordon are talking and Batman says "but the Joker cannot win" - the way the light falls on the side of the cowl makes the ear look HUGE - makes it look a lot longer than it really is.

Yeah but you showed three different pics where there were no shadows cast over the mask, except in the first pic. Of course if shadows are cast over an object they can make it look different I already said that. I meant how can lightning on it's own make the shape of the cowl look different. Anyway doesn't matter now that my question has been answered by others.

AND LENSES, DUDES.

Different camera lenses are used for different distances.

Batman in close up was almost always shot by Pfister with a wider lens...slims the neck and the width of the cowl but bumps up the size of the nose a touch.

Look at that close up where he says "Bane", in the sewer, from the comparison above. Or the last shot of him at end of RISES, the close up in the cockpit...wider lens again.

My guess is Nolan and Pfister knew the cowl could look kind of bulky, so in key close ups they pulled out a wider lens to "tweek" the appearance of the mask.

And I believe the HT sculptors were using these "in-movie" close up stills more than behind the scenes candids shot at somewhat of a distance with a LONG lens that flattens and widens.

Same thing happened in FIRST AVENGER if you watch carefully.

:exactly:

Personally I think Lens and angles are the main things that make the cowl look different. Lighting really only comes into play when it cast shadows over the cowl in dark areas.

Would love to share this with you, bud (as well as to those who are curious).

Lighting is a big factor when it comes to how our eyes perceive an object. It's one of the oldest tricks used in entertainment to provide illusion of size, morphing, etc.

Here's a great video created by an artist for use as reference by his fellow artists. It's amazing how the same face -- while in the same angle -- could look different in form and size with lighting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86YZYwnnJg4

Thanks for the video, but I meant how can lighting change the look of the cowl without casting shadows over it.

Just wondering that's all, it's crazy what updated pics can do. I PO this last year (exclusive) and new it would be epic. Who's first 1/4 scale figure is this, not including PF?

Back