Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah

It obviously changed from proto pics to SDCC but i highly doubt it got changed again back to looking like the proto pics in between it's showing at SDCC and then STGCC.

It's safe to say they are exactly the same and it's just the forgiving lighting at SDCC making it look really good.

STGCC is what it's more than likely going to look like in hand, probably gonna upset some people but it's happening i bet

Do you mean you can't see a difference in shape?

Yeah

It obviously changed from proto pics to SDCC but i highly doubt it got changed again back to looking like the proto pics in between it's showing at SDCC and then STGCC.

It's safe to say they are exactly the same and it's just the forgiving lighting at SDCC making it look really good.

Yeah I agree, I don't think there is any difference at all!

STGCC is what it's more than likely going to look like in hand, probably gonna upset some people but it's happening i bet

Yeah most likely and I think there will be a lot of mixed reviews of this figure, when it finally comes out.

I was the same i swore i wouldn't get any as i didn't think i had the space and i though tit might open up a totally new can of worms but if anything it's better collecting 1/4 than 1/6!

I wish I could go down the 1/4 route but I just cant. :mad:

I wish I could go down the 1/4 route but I just cant. :mad:

It's just too much per figure so I'm sticking with 1/6 as well. However, this will be my only 1/4 figure, unless HT makes a Joker and then it'll be just those 2. Detailing is much nicer on the 1/4, but on most figures, HT does a good job on their 1/6 as well. I'm not really a stickler for pinpoint 100% accuracy.

There is nothing wrong with collecting both 1/6 and 1/4, BUT you have to limit the 1/4 scale to the ones you REALLY want, for instance I have decided on buying the following but will pass on anything else (just takes up too much space and is too $$$ for a large collection):

-Batman (have EB one and HT on order)
-Joker (have EB one)
-Ironman
-Endoskeleton (have HT version)
-T-800 Arnold (don't have one yet)
-Alien
-Predator

There is nothing wrong with collecting both 1/6 and 1/4, BUT you have to limit the 1/4 scale to the ones you REALLY want, for instance I have decided on buying the following but will pass on anything else (just takes up too much space and is too $$$ for a large collection):

-Joker (have EB one)
-Ironman
-Alien
-Predator
:exactly::yess:

in 1/4 though they only really make the characters you really want. It wouldn't make sense to not as the scale will always be the underdog

& between the 2 scales the 1/4 looks better everytime

-Joker (have EB one)
-Ironman
-Alien
-Predator

-Joker (have EB one)
-Ironman
-Alien
-Predator

Are they making an Alien and Predator at 1/4 scale?

Are they making an Alien and Predator at 1/4 scale?

I think some of what Frank mentioned are NECAs, including Alien, Preds, and Iron Man.

I love both 1/4 and 1/6. Majority of my collection are 1/6, but I have so much love for 1/4. I also love my NECA Preds and Alien, and I got their Gypsy Danger and Keaton Bats on PO. From EB I've got Bats and BD T800, and would love to get Joker to pair with the QS001.

IMO 1/4 would not be as popular as 1/6 as far as diversity goes. 1/4 treatment would only be saved for franchises that would surely sell. If it weren't for Bill's love for Bruce Lee I don't think they'd even make him in 1/4, not even once, same thing with Masked Rider as they won't sell that much worldwide. I don't think HT could risk making franchises such as Ingloriuos Basterds or Expendables in 1/4. Even the already cheaper NECA and MEZCO 1/4s from obscure licenses like Kill Bill, Beetle Juice and even Sin City can be found for even way more cheap -- like $15 cheap -- during conventions.

I didn't post it haha but i believe that's what the fella was referring to although i guess NECA aren't high end so not to be in the same boat.

I totally agree with what you said though. They will only make the characters everyone will buy in 1/4 as the price is too extreme in 1/4 to be taking chances

I think some of what Frank mentioned are NECAs, including Alien, Preds, and Iron Man.

I love both 1/4 and 1/6. Majority of my collection are 1/6, but I have so much love for 1/4. I also love my NECA Preds and Alien, and I got their Gypsy Danger and Keaton Bats on PO. From EB I've got Bats and BD T800, and would love to get Joker to pair with the QS001.

IMO 1/4 would not be as popular as 1/6 as far as diversity goes. 1/4 treatment would only be saved for franchises that would surely sell. If it weren't for Bill's love for Bruce Lee I don't think they'd even make him in 1/4, not even once, same thing with Masked Rider as they won't sell that much worldwide. I don't think HT could risk making franchises such as Ingloriuos Basterds or Expendables in 1/4.Even cheap NECA and MEZCO 1/4s from obscure licenses like Kill Bill, Beetle Juice and even Sin City can be found for cheap -- like $15 cheap -- during conventions.

I didn't post it haha but i believe that's what the fella was referring to although i guess NECA aren't high end so not to be in the same boat.

I totally agree with what you said though. They will only make the characters everyone will buy in 1/4 as the price is too extreme in 1/4 to be taking chances

Oh darn sorry about that man! I think I'm already sleepy! My apologies buddy -- :1-1:

EDIT: Yeah, despite being not high-end ("cheaper" if you may), not all NECA and MEZCO 1/4 scale figures get sold out, and are being sold for huge discounts at shows. I doubt HT would take that risk. As for EB's, you can see on their website that the ones sold out are both T800s and the TDK figures.

in 1/4 though they only really make the characters you really want. It wouldn't make sense to not as the scale will always be the underdog

& between the 2 scales the 1/4 looks better everytime

Hmm that might not always be the case because don't majority of people here think the 1/6th DX12 Bale head sculpt is better than the 1/4 scale Proto QS001? :huh

Nevertheless, in most cases I would say you are right.

Oh ok, I didn't know NECA was still so popular.

Any reason why you havnt bought him yet?

IMO 1/4 would not be as popular as 1/6 as far as diversity goes. 1/4 treatment would only be saved for franchises that would surely sell. If it weren't for Bill's love for Bruce Lee I don't think they'd even make him in 1/4, not even once, same thing with Masked Rider as they won't sell that much worldwide. I don't think HT could risk making franchises such as Ingloriuos Basterds or Expendables in 1/4. Even the already cheaper NECA and MEZCO 1/4s from obscure licenses like Kill Bill, Beetle Juice and even Sin City can be found for even way more cheap -- like $15 cheap -- during conventions.

I don't think that is true, have you looked at Bills facebook page? It seems so many people want everything in 1/4. :eek

Totally agree ! For me 1/6 are more toys than 1/4 ! And know a LOT of peuple around the world who like that kind of statues/figures but the price is also different ;-) ...

Nobodies actually seen the 1/4 Bruce head yet so it's all speculation anyway

Yeah so far it is, just saying though people were pretty pissed off with the likeness of the proto compared to the DX12 Bale one, when the first pics were shown. Likeness, aside, I think head sculpts will most likely be better as far as detail goes for 1/4 compared to 1/6.

Back