Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

No if it is anything like the DX12 the cowl needs to be completely rebuilt.

I have the DX12 and I can agree with everything Tyranus said about all the problems with the DX12 including the body. However, the body does not bother me, it is the cowl that is the main big problem and yes the chin is too big because it looks like a Batman chin (too masculine, cartoony looking) from the comic books not Bale's chin. :slap

I don't have the DX02 in hand so can't be sure. However, going by the pictures and reviews I have seen, the DX02 cowl is off, it is too square, the face plates are better than the DX12 ones but the likeness to Bale is still poor and cartoony comic book looking IMO. Not really sure about the body though as far as accuracy goes.

I actually didn't mention the problems with the body Tyranus7 did. I can just say I agree with him but it isn't something I noticed until he said it. Well I did notice the shoulder pads. Check out Mag's video on what he did to fix the shoulder pad issue and other Mods he did. Those things don't bother me though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MaglorTheFreak

I find it strange that you mention this after you just said you do not see anything wrong with it except the cowl. Also since when did you ever believe that the DX12 was a superior figure because I thought u were always disappointed by it and was hoping the 1/4 scale one would be better? :huh

So you agree with everything he said.. I take that as you not having to mention the problems he did because they're already understood. It would make mentioning them redundant due to the fact that he said the cowl, body, and chin. If you agreed with EVERYTHING then that leads me to believe EVERYTHING. Not some or most of it. And not simply because he said it and you noticed it.. I'm sorry. I take people at their literal word on things.

I also never said I was disappointed by the figure. I simply asked what the likelyhood of Hot Toys fixing the problems would be. It was more or less a question on how good they are about appeasing to their consumers opinions (on any of their products) rather than me agreeing that the figure had a ton of problems. Although I did agree that sculpt seemed off. Maybe it was the cowl. Maybe it was the eyes. Maybe it was both. For the DX02 it is a combination of both. I feel that the DX12 cowl is shaped much better but that there is something wrong with the eyes. Just my opinion.

If anything, I was disappointed that the figure wasn't so good that there would be few to no complaints on it. Even with the knowledge that there is no such thing as a perfect figure. I also said that after a lot of thought (including watching/reading reviews) that the figure isn't nearly as bad as people claim and is in all actuality better than the DX02 (which I do have and can base an opinion on). However, because unlike a lot of people, I don't claim to know everything and don't believe that my opinion is law. I have to reasonably accept that I could be wrong about what I say. Therefore, because I have never seen a DX12 in person, theres a chance that people are correct in what they say and they would be issues i'd want ironed out for the 1/4 Batman. Simply put, it was me hypothetically agreeing and asking what the likelyhood would be of changes being made to the 1/4 version. My figure is paid in full and i'll receive it regardless of any issues it had. I just wanted to know what to expect since i've only dealt with Hot Toys a few times. The few times I have, the figures never had qc issues. It was just a matter of getting what I paid for and if I was happy with it. I"ve never dealt with a brand new figure from them, let alone a rehash of one of their 1/6 scale figures to 1/4.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have to agree with that. The fact of the matter is that Hot Toys basically holds all of the cards in their hands. To be honest, i'm much more impressed by what Enterbay does with their figures than with anything Hot Toys has done. However, in all fairness, Enterbay deals in 1/4 scale. Much easier to capture a likeness and the little details that 1/6 can't. I just hate to think that i'm a puppet and willing to shell out $500 for a 1/4 Hot Toys figure knowing it's just a direct copy of their 1/6 version that had many flaws.

Yes, I recognize that I said it has many flaws. That is my fault for not clarifying. I should've been more clear expressing that quite a few people complained that it had many flaws rather than stating that opinion as my own. Again, I can't really agree with anybody because i've never actually seen it in hand for myself. The negative things i've seen and heard in videos and on these boards I don't agree with. So, I found it sad that i'd still be willing to buy something "knowing" (hypothetically assuming people were right) that it had issues. Again, I appreciate your help and I do apologize about the confusion :)

Last edited:
Stupid question but is the EB still available to buy? I have this PO'd but want the EB to compliment it... Thanks

So you agree with everything he said.. I take that as you not having to mention the problems he did because they're already understood. It would make mentioning them redundant due to the fact that he said the cowl, body, and chin. If you agreed with EVERYTHING then that leads me to believe EVERYTHING. Not some or most of it. And not simply because he said it and you noticed it.. I'm sorry. I take people at their literal word on things.

Whoa chill out man, you seem to very up set, maybe agree was the wrong word to use because I do not pay much attention to the flaws he mentioned except the cowl. Maybe the right word to use is I can see where he is coming from and why it might bother him. Personally apart from the Cowl and face plates the DX12 is a decent figure IMO.

I also never said I was disappointed by the figure. I simply asked what the likelyhood of Hot Toys fixing the problems would be.

The fact you mentioned that there are problems with the DX12 figure and that you hope Hot Toys fixes them implies to me that you are disappointed with the DX12. :dunno

It was more or less a question on how good they are about appeasing to their consumers opinions (on any of their products) rather than me agreeing that the figure had a ton of problems.

I already told you Hot Toys do not see the things we see as problems, because most Hot Toys collectors are toy collectors that do not appreciate art but like play around with eyes etc. Thus, in their eyes there is nothing to fix. :thud:

Although I did agree that sculpt seemed off. Maybe it was the cowl. Maybe it was the eyes. Maybe it was both. For the DX02 it is a combination of both.I feel that the DX12 cowl is shaped much better but that there is something wrong with the eyes.

If anything, I was disappointed that the figure wasn't so good that there would be few to no complaints on it. Even with the knowledge that there is no such thing as a perfect figure. I also said that after a lot of thought (including watching/reading reviews) that the figure isn't nearly as bad as people claim and is in all actuality better than the DX02 (which I do have and can base an opinion on). However, because unlike a lot of people, I don't claim to know everything and don't believe that my opinion is law. I have to reasonably accept that I could be wrong about what I say. Therefore, because I have never seen a DX12 in person, theres a chance that people are correct in what they say and they would be issues i'd want ironed out for the 1/4 Batman. Simply put, it was me hypothetically agreeing and asking what the likelyhood would be of changes being made to the 1/4 version. My figure is paid in full and i'll receive it regardless of any issues it had. I just wanted to know what to expect since i've only dealt with Hot Toys a few times. The few times I have, the figures never had qc issues. It was just a matter of getting what I paid for and if I was happy with it. I"ve never dealt with a brand new figure from them, let alone a rehash of one of their 1/6 scale figures to 1/4.

What a mouthful to read, personally I think you are worrying too much about this figure and looking for advice to give u some peace of mind. I think you should just wait till you get it and probably forget about it for now because it sounds like an obsession. :panic:

Yes, I recognize that I said it has many flaws. That is my fault for not clarifying. I should've been more clear expressing that quite a few people complained that it had many flaws rather than stating that opinion as my own. Again, I can't really agree with anybody because i've never actually seen it in hand for myself. The negative things i've seen and heard in videos and on these boards I don't agree with. So, I found it sad that i'd still be willing to buy something "knowing" (hypothetically assuming people were right) that it had issues. Again, I appreciate your help and I do apologize about the confusion :)

:goodpost:

Yeah your above statement that you have replied to in this post confused me, thanks for clarifying.

Is this going to arrive on schedule has anyone heard anything about it? Thinking we should be getting something soon in next couple weeks or so.

Interesting to note, that despite so many people utterly hating on this figure, the exclusive version has been sold out for a long time now. I regret missing my chance on the empty cowl. :(

Looking forward to final product pics...:impatient: If Hottoys will change only one thing from the proto sample, i want this to be the cowl...

Looking forward to final product pics...:impatient: If Hottoys will change only one thing from the proto sample, i want this to be the cowl...

I think every one is in the same boat here, since that is only the real problem that bothers me and I am guessing that is the same issue for the rest of people here that have a problem with the figure that bothers them the most. :hi5:

I reserved the 1:4 scale EXCLUSIVE w/ the cowl the first day it was up on Sideshow, but I'm very happy with the 1:6 scale and don't see the reason why to get the 1:4 specially when it's a bit expensive and the only thing new is pretty much the base and scarecrow and bane masks, so I'm going to cancel and get the t-800 battle damaged instead so if any one out there missed out on the Exclusive, hope someone picks up the one I'm canceling.

Whoa chill out man, you seem to very up set, maybe agree was the wrong word to use because I do not pay much attention to the flaws he mentioned except the cowl. Maybe the right word to use is I can see where he is coming from and why it might bother him. Personally apart from the Cowl and face plates the DX12 is a decent figure IMO

No. I'm not upset. I seem to be very annoyed that my lack of clarity in the beginning caused this much confusion. Fair enough. I understand. :)

The fact you mentioned that there are problems with the DX12 figure and that you hope Hot Toys fixes them implies to me that you are disappointed with the DX12. :dunno:

:exactly: Yes, again, my fault due to poor word execution. Not yours. I would've thought the same thing had the tables been turned.

I already told you Hot Toys do not see the things we see as problems, because most Hot Toys collectors are toy collectors that do not appreciate art but like play around with eyes etc. Thus, in their eyes there is nothing to fix. :thud:

I know you already told me. I wasn't asking.. I was explaining why I originally said it. I understood you the first time.. I don't know why you explained it to me again.. :dunno

What a mouthful to read, personally I think you are worrying too much about this figure and looking for advice to give u some peace of mind. I think you should just wait till you get it and probably forget about it for now because it sounds like an obsession. :panic:

I felt it was necessary to explain in as much detail as possible. Which made no difference. I have no other choice but to wait. However, I came here for opinions on the figure. Not an unprofessional diagnosis on my mental state toward the figure. Thank you for that anyways. :wink1:

I reserved the 1:4 scale EXCLUSIVE w/ the cowl the first day it was up on Sideshow, but I'm very happy with the 1:6 scale and don't see the reason why to get the 1:4 specially when it's a bit expensive and the only thing new is pretty much the base and scarecrow and bane masks, so I'm going to cancel and get the t-800 battle damaged instead so if any one out there missed out on the Exclusive, hope someone picks up the one I'm canceling.

I think some people on here want to have a 1/4 scale one as well or one to complement their EB Joker (like me), which is why they see the need to buy this one. Some people on here really want the exclusive, so hopefully someone on here can get your cancelled one. :clap

I know you already told me. I wasn't asking.. I was explaining why I originally said it. I understood you the first time.. I don't know why you explained it to me again.. :dunno

Yeah I kind of regret mentioning that again. I was thinking about deleting that part but forgot. :slap

.I felt it was necessary to explain in as much detail as possible. Which made no difference. I have no other choice but to wait. However, I came here for opinions on the figure. Not an unprofessional diagnosis on my mental state toward the figure. Thank you for that anyways. :wink1:

Well I am glad you are thankful for what I said but nonetheless,I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to diagnose you or anything. Rather I just thought you might be obsessing over this too much(like I have done with many figures believe me) and I think you just need to chill out and just see what happens because in all honestly none of us on here know really what the figure will be like for sure. :(

Yeah I kind of regret mentioning that again. I was thinking about deleting that part but forgot. :slap:

No worries. I get your point.. Again :lol

Well I am glad you are thankful for what I said but nonetheless,I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to diagnose you or anything. Rather I just thought you might be obsessing over this too much(like I have done with many figures believe me) and I think you just need to chill out and just see what happens because in all honestly none of us on here know really what the figure will be like for sure. :(

It's cool man. You probably don't understand that I have a great deal of respect for you based entirely on the fact that you want a realistic figure and not a toy. As you said, that way of thinking is in the minority. Yes, I will relax. Not because i'm obsessive but because i'm too damn excited!!! I hear you. Nobody really knows but I figure experienced opinion is better than no opinion at all.

No worries. I get your point.. Again :lol

It's cool man. You probably don't understand that I have a great deal of respect for you based entirely on the fact that you want a realistic figure and not a toy. As you said, that way of thinking is in the minority. Yes, I will relax. Not because i'm obsessive but because i'm too damn excited!!! I hear you. Nobody really knows but I figure experienced opinion is better than no opinion at all.

Wow thanks man I feel so ever for humble, I never knew that! I to hav respect for you to since we both want the same thing accuracy/realistic not inaccurate toy looking figures. :1-1:

Wow thanks man I feel so ever for humble, I never knew that! I to hav respect for you to since we both want the same thing accuracy/realistic not inaccurate toy looking figures. :1-1:

I see a lot of people wanting the figure to be a certain way. To have this or that changed on it. Something or another to be better than what the DX12 is. Which is cool. I respect everybodies wishes. You were the only one to mention "realism". That I have to respect even more. I appreciate the compliment buddy. It really is nice to be in good company rather than treated as an outcast because of asking for an accurate/realistic product. cheers bro :duff:

I see a lot of people wanting the figure to be a certain way. To have this or that changed on it. Something or another to be better than what the DX12 is. Which is cool. I respect everybodies wishes. You were the only one to mention "realism". That I have to respect even more. I appreciate the compliment buddy. It really is nice to be in good company rather than treated as an outcast because of asking for an accurate/realistic product. cheers bro :duff:

Wow I didn't know that, I thought that is why everyone hated the cowl because it was not realistic? Well if the majority of people that bought these things felt like us we would have more realistic figures IMO. :wink1:

Wow I didn't know that, I thought that is why everyone hated the cowl because it was not realistic? Well if the majority of people that bought these things felt like us we would have more realistic figures IMO. :wink1:

Hating one or two aspect(s) of a multi dimensional product doesn't imply to me that everybody wants realism. Some people demand perfection. Others complain because their neighbor is complaining and they are natural followers. Then there are those lucky enough to be owners of Enterbay products. It's like being blind and finally being given the gift of sight. People see what a figure can look like. More importantly, they see what a figure should look like. Unless somebody blantantly says they're looking for the real deal like you did, as far as i'm concerned they're looking for a toy. An "accurate" toy. :slap

Hating one or two aspect(s) of a multi dimensional product doesn't imply to me that everybody wants realism. Some people demand perfection. Others complain because their neighbor is complaining and they are natural followers. Then there are those lucky enough to be owners of Enterbay products. It's like being blind and finally being given the gift of sight. People see what a figure can look like. More importantly, they see what a figure should look like. Unless somebody blantantly says they're looking for the real deal like you did, as far as i'm concerned they're looking for a toy. An "accurate" toy. :slap

Hmm, having discussions with you is intellectually stimulating, well the thing is these are still toys whether we like it or not. No matter how accurate the likeness and realistic Enterbay's Batman sculpt is, the figure itself is still a toy. So maybe from the waist down most people are looking for an accurate toy going by the nit picks you mentioned and are not focusing on a realistic head sculpt like Enterbay's one that actually can fool people into thinking it is a real person. :dunno

Back