Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we can only hope that EB finds enough demand to not only make the suit but to listen to the consumers when doing so. You never know, HT could outdo themselves. Maybe HT 1/4 is worth having to display with sonar (negating the eyes) while EBs figure nails the suit and cowl! Wishful thinking I suppose :yess:

That's why I want to pose him with sonar. The bug eyes are less of an issue. The sonar looks great in the pics.

That's why I want to pose him with sonar. The bug eyes are less of an issue. The sonar looks great in the pics.

I agree. Maybe thats why I spend less time looking at the sonar pictures (because i'm already sold on them) than I do on the regular cowl pictures (because i'm not sold on them).

Not a bad price, but adding what I paid for the dx12 already, and the sonar head that I would now have to get (if I get the backpack) in order to have the full TDK look adds up in a way that getting this makes more sense....
I wish they would show some more pics of this guy. Bank funds have been set aside for this guy ever since it was up for PO at SSC....

Yeah I can understand but it is the cheapest one I have ever seen though for BIN, I have seen it go for higher prices when people bid.

I would TOTALLY pay for an EB TDK suit. Totally.

:exactly: So would I!

Not a bad price? :lol

A little, flat cheap plastic panel thing for close to $100.

I agree it is not worth it, I meant it is not a bad price considering what it goes for on ebay. :(

Alright, so what would you do.. Suppose this figure ends up being great. You end up wanting to display it with the sonar and backpack along with the regular cowl and cape. Do you buy another one now (before the inevitable skyrocket in price) or do you wait it out and see if EB releases one too? Taking the risk that they don't and you end up having to pay God knows how much on Ebay for another HT 1/4.

Alright, so what would you do.. Suppose this figure ends up being great. You end up wanting to display it with the sonar and backpack along with the regular cowl and cape. Do you buy another one now (before the inevitable skyrocket in price) or do you wait it out and see if EB releases one too? Taking the risk that they don't and you end up having to pay God knows how much on Ebay for another HT 1/4.

I'd say wait it out, but if you are anxious you could always see if someone parts one out on eBay. Then you'd just need the body. Maybe Toy Anxiety would do it too. :dunno

I'd say wait it out, but if you are anxious you could always see if someone parts one out on eBay. Then you'd just need the body. Maybe Toy Anxiety would do it too. :dunno

:goodpost:

You are so right that is all you need!

If the impossible happens and the cowl turns out great I would only display it without the sonar as I am not interested in the sonar. However, I think what Batbrain said was good advice if you want two display options as it beats buying two figures! :wink1:

Cool. Thanks. I'll look into both of those options. I just don't want the only disappointment when I open the box to be "Why didn't I get another one when I had the chance"? :slap

If the impossible happens and the cowl turns out great I would only display it without the sonar as I am not interested in the sonar. However, I think what Batbrain said was good advice if you want two display options as it beats buying two figures! :wink1:

I agree. I'll just piece it together. I'm relatively new to this so I never even thought about it. Thanks guys. :hi5:

Hot Toys is obsessed with PERS. I don't think they are gonna fix a thing on the QS001 (and they need to fix almost 50% of the figure IMO)... Hot Toys fan boys are out of control here on forums... they will buy this figure no matter if it is accurate or not... So I'll wait for the Enterbay TDK costum.. I rather prefer 3 Batman headsculpts with different eyes position than ugly PERS and bunch of accessories that I don't really care and only rise the price of the figure...

ir5SKFpJoiEQF.gif

I don't think they are gonna fix a thing on the QS001 (and they need to fix almost 50% of the figure IMO)...

I don't think they will either. I've heard people complain about the eyes and the cowl. Even heard one guy say the figure was too flat chested. But almost half of the figure? What else is wrong with it?

So I'll wait for the Enterbay TDK costum.. I rather prefer 3 Batman headsculpts with different eyes position than ugly PERS and bunch of accessories that I don't really care and only rise the price of the figure...

I concur. My only question is if EB is actually going to release the figure.. I guess you could call it a sure bet if you want to but they went with the begins suit when it was only in the movie for 10 minutes.

I don't think they will either. I've heard people complain about the eyes and the cowl. Even heard one guy say the figure was too flat chested. But almost half of the figure? What else is wrong with it?

I concur. My only question is if EB is actually going to release the figure.. I guess you could call it a sure bet if you want to but they went with the begins suit when it was only in the movie for 10 minutes.

It is a little strange that they went with that suit but I'm kind of glad they did. For the obvious reason that it turned out great but also because the HT version of the begins suit isn't so great IMO. The poor quality of the suit material plus the ankle issue and giraffe neck on the BW sculpt really hurt that figure. I hope HT does a reissue of it some day but if not having the EB version only would be just fine.

It is a little strange that they went with that suit but I'm kind of glad they did. For the obvious reason that it turned out great but also because the HT version of the begins suit isn't so great IMO. The poor quality of the suit material plus the ankle issue and giraffe neck on the BW sculpt really hurt that figure. I hope HT does a reissue of it some day but if not having the EB version only would be just fine.

Very true. I feel like the EB Bats is my BB 2011 SSC Exclusive fully realized. It's everything I wanted it to be and more (after mods). So, i'm grateful they did it too.. I just hope that they don't plan on using that as an excuse for avoiding TDK suit..

The upper arms on the prototype are WAY too long and I hope HT fixes this glaring, deal-breaking error. Otherwise I love it...I'm hoping for the best!

Despite its issues, I PO'd this figure just so I could have a companion piece to my EB Batman. Much as I wanted EB to come up with 1/4 TDK suit, I thought it was risky to just hope and wait for something that we're not even sure would happen. with Bill neither confirming nor denying anything whenever asked if EB would make one. I thought, if that happens and would turn out better than HT's (which is almost certain, at least as far as the cowled sculpt is concerned), I could easily sell this (at least here in our country where EB is almost always just shrugged at and people buy whatever HT comes up with), and I'm willing to make it a tad lower just so I could fund the new one. On the other hand, IF that doesn't happen, I might feel sorry for not getting this while it's still at PO price.

And like some of our fellow boardies, I plan to display this figure with the backpack and sonar head, probably in case of HT ignoring our calls for revisions from the protos we've seen.

My main complaint with this is the head really, but overall it kinda just feels like an upscale DX12 with more accessories, which is disappointing. I personally don't give a crap about accessories as most of mine sit in the box. I'd be happy with more bare bones figures at a much cheaper price.

I also think nothing will change on this, although I hope I'm wrong.

Back