Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are that many of you going to display this with the BW HS? Not defending HT in any way, just personally I've litereally not touched any of the headsculpts for masked figures so far (e.g. Batman, Ironman, Ghost Rider, etc.)

If I can get the exclusive with the spare mask then yes. I'll display the Bruce Wayne sculpt and have him holding the empty mask.

Looks like the bat symbol is the same as the 1/6.
528847_10150955931327344_937569077_n.jpg

I'm guilty of the nitpicking, but I think I can justify it. There comes a time when these things cross the line into "too realistic". That's when the nitpicking started. Before, we were still capable of differentiating "the toys" from their human counterparts, but now, well, just look at it. The way that this issue formed, in my opinion, was that these companies have improved by such leaps and bounds, that suddenly, our brains adjusted accordingly, and it was no longer about what they got right, but what they got wrong.

It's a glass half-empty, glass half-full scenario. For example, my pet peeve is The Joker's socks. Had my newbie self been looking at the DX 11, he'd have been in such awe that he wouldn't give a damn if the socks were made of marshmallows. Enter 3 years later, and my rationale is "they can make his head and wardrobe appear as if it popped off the screen, why can't they get something as miniscule as the socks right?" It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm not that nitpicky but c'mon man... Could have at least got the logo right ! Lol :) hopefully I'm wrong.. But that 1/6 logo is killing me! I would have never noticed until they pointed it out, but now it sticks out like a sore thumb

I was planning on getting two dx12s...now after having seen this, I think I'm just gonna get one, and two 1/4 scale bats.

Holy shizzle. Just look at that beauty.

What's HTs beef with EB? Is just a matter of staying on top of the collectible market? Or does howard have some kind of beef with bill?

I'm fine with HT schooling the 1/4th market. The way I see it, Howard's just teaching Bill a lesson in humility.

The 1/4 looks like it shows CB's aging around the eyes better.

The more I look at it, the more I see that the chin is a bit too pronounced. It's a bit too broad, and too defined.

WOW! HOT TOYS HOT DAMN!!!

This and the 1/4 Endo has blown my mind to tiny, tiny bits!!!

Imagine a 1/4 Iron Man! Imagine a 1/4 Jack Sparrow! Imagine a 1/4 Predator 1!!!

That's what i'll do. I'll quit this hobby now and just imagine...

Anyone else planning on getting both DX12 and this??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wow... HT.... You guys are killing me. This thing is beautiful, just a stunning work of art.

And I agree about the nitpicking... Every single HT picture that gets uploaded on Facebook or here is analyzed and puzzled over and over. It's crazy. Just a few years ago, when I started collecting... the head sculpts were not even CLOSE to being accurate, and we loved it.

Remember the first HT Begins Batman?? The skin tone alone was just sad.... NOW look at what they give us?! It's amazing. I used to have to repaint everything I ever bought, now they would only look worse if I paint them. :lol

I love the Bale sculpt... this 1/4th scale one is particularly good around the eyes.

Anyone else planning on getting both DX12 and this??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I am considering this guy. Depends on whether I can free up funds and resist other 1/6 scale offerings. I hope I don't get sucked into the 1/4 scale hype and forsake my 1/6 focus, but. . .these figures shown yesterday/today are pretty freakin' amazing. I can see it happening!

Back