Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate saying this b/c I feel like folks throw it around but the Bale sculpt on this looks like a caricature, especially that chin

Yet they are what really lifts this above the EB head for me. I agree with many that the chin is too strong though.

Well, I'm not defending the squinty eyes of EB. :lol

The part of the eye towards the midline looks inhuman on this though.

582085_10150955930777344_1210908541_n.jpg

Don't feel bad Gipetto, soon enough there'll be far worse critisms :lol

I know, I'm just not one who usually criticizes :lol i feel like it's out of character for me to say something is off or doesn't look good. I always think about my old Joes from back in the day and feel privileged to have awesome figures like we do now. I typically like what I see most of the time

Will we get the extra cowl from SSC as an exclusive? Yeah I thought I was the only one noticing the leg armor peeling off in an official pic don't care if it is still a prototype, that's just lame.

There's just a lumpiness (best way I can describe it) to the BW head which, when coupled with those bushy eyebrows, makes him look almost like a different person. It actually does have a caricature vibe to it, though I won't complain. Cowl looks great, likeness with the mask is better than the DX12 (if only just a little bit), but the main selling point for me was the shape of the suit and how it fits the larger body. See the shot where he's missing the cape and holding the EMP gun? THAT's the sleekness I'm talking about! THAT's the effect that seems so difficult to achieve in a scaled figure.

I have to admit this looks really nice. I like the villians masks. Wish the 1/6 had some of the same stuff his has, those masks especially. It makes it look more like a museum piece with those I think.

Are that many of you going to display this with the BW HS? Not defending HT in any way, just personally I've litereally not touched any of the headsculpts for masked figures so far (e.g. Batman, Ironman, Ghost Rider, etc.)

Are that many of you going to display this with the BW HS? Not defending HT in any way, just personally I've litereally not touched any of the headsculpts for masked figures so far (e.g. Batman, Ironman, Ghost Rider, etc.)

That's kind of my reasoning on not caring about the crappy EB sculpt. I'll never use it.

. I always think about my old Joes from back in the day and feel privileged to have awesome figures like we do now. I typically like what I see most of the time

this above brings me right to my point.

Look at this

While it's not 100% Bale, just look at it. Soak it in

It's Fecking AMAZING. Head Sculpt detail and paint and lifeness has gotten so much better in the last few years. Though i don't have a pic to hand, compare this to the MMS TDK figure and it's a 1000% evolution

I know figures cost more and thus people demand more but my god how things have improved. I for one am in awe of this and the DX11 & 12 and Xavier and Catwoman and Peter Parker from a technical standpoint

Yes, Display with Bale head holding mask pose.

I hope HT improve likeness I do like 1/6 Bale more.

I think both EB and HT should hire Adam to do their Bruce Wayne headsculpt then it would be gold !

Just like HT hired Kato to do their Joker outfit on the 2.0

Oh god I just realized the possibility of a 1/4 Hot Toys Indiana Jones :panic: :panic:

(...and they can make up for that 1/6 sculpt....)

Well, I have to choose between this and the EB Bats. It's not even close IMO, HT has EB on its heels with this and the endoskeleton. I will only get the EB joker if we don't hear that ht will be doing him in 1/4. We know if Ht does one, it will come with 2 heads and prolly Kato clothing as well. I love the trophies on this, prolly cause it gives me a predator vibe.

Still, the same people that nit pick the crap out of 1/6 figs do the same with this. It doesn't end, will you people ever realize that nothing will ever be perfect unless they scanned everything from the real props?

this above brings me right to my point.

Look at this

While it's not 100% Bale, just look at it. Soak it in

It's Fecking AMAZING. Head Sculpt detail and paint and lifeness has gotten so much better in the last few years. Though i don't have a pic to hand, compare this to the MMS TDK figure and it's a 1000% evolution

I know figures cost more and thus people demand more but my god how things have improved. I for one am in awe of this and the DX11 & 12 and Xavier and Catwoman and Peter Parker from a technical standpoint

Totally agree with you, man.

We used to just be excited there was something available out there and now that we have these premium type of collectibles out there people just rip the _____ out of everything in the world. Nothing is ever perfect and the whining is unbelievable.

I personally love this 1:4. Looks more damn amazing than any Batman statue/figure i've seen in the past forever years. Technology has come a very very long way. Amazing stuff i'm seeing from Hot Toys reveals all around!

Back