Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow never even thought about trying that, so all you do is take out the 1/4 crotch holder and put in the 1/6th crotch holder into the 1/4 slot for the stand?

No, no crotch holder at all. As the 1/4 ones have a different slot than the normal 1/6 ones.

Check out the pics, its just standing there without any crotch holder. Scary isn't it. :lol

edit: again, I apologise for the sideway pic guys, it seems the system automatically adjust vertical pic horizontal. I'll try to ask Dave if this is fixable.

Ok cool yeah hard to do that with the HT base. So that is MRM's EB sculpt repainted? Do you have more pics of that?

So he is just standing on the 1.4 Base with another stand for support?

Yes, I uploaded some quick pics at the EB Joker thread, but since it was at night and I had to use flash, it really hides a lot of the details and paint job.

Im on the market for a 1/4 Joker now, but Im taking my time on this one, since my spider sense is telling me that HT is gonna announce one soon and Id rather get that than the lanky EB ones. :panic:

No, no crotch holder at all. As the 1/4 ones have a different slot than the normal 1/6 ones.

Check out the pics, its just standing there without any crotch holder. Scary isn't it. :lol

I figured that but just thought since you did that it might be the case.

Yes it is, with nothing there to support him :lol

edit: again, I apologise for the sideway pic guys, it seems the system automatically adjust vertical pic horizontal. I'll try to ask Dave if this is fixable.

Well it's not your fault, you think it might have to do with the new design of this website?

Yes, I uploaded some quick pics at the EB Joker thread, but since it was at night and I had to use flash, it really hides a lot of the details and paint job.

Im on the market for a 1/4 Joker now, but Im taking my time on this one, since my spider sense is telling me that HT is gonna announce one soon and Id rather get that than the lanky EB ones. :panic:

Can you get the figure cheap where you are because now they have totally disappeared from ebay! As for Hot Toys making one the sculpt might not look very good, not that EB was perfect but it had potential.

I think I could. But I just don't see the value its going for ATM. So Im just gonna wait it out a bit.

I don't really care much bout the sculpt since Ive got the MRM ones now, I'd just need the body and the outfit. Just that the EB ones still need quite a bit of touch ups (shoes need to be replaced, tie, body proportion need to be fixed), thats why Ive been a bit hesitant in getting it.

Ok looks great just checked it out then. I don't know what you were talking about the pics look fine despite the flash. So you prefer the Interrogation scene look to the Mob or party scene look?

The wired cape that I got from Tony (for the QS001) is the perfect texture and color. Deep black velvet with no shininess. But it is a very stiff material. No natural drape to it at all. That's fine for the wired cape, but does he use the same material for the non-wired Enterbay cape? The non wired cape for the QS001 is something else entirely. Even thinner than the lforigno rayon. It literally futzes itself.

But again, does Tony use the same stiff material as the wired cape for the non-wired Enterbay cape?

Yes, the Eb wired cape is the same stiff material...as such, its limited to dynamic posing.
Most people may prefer the non wired because it drapes perfectly, and much easier to futz.
Heck, there's not much to it cause it drapes naturally.

But for me personally, the biggest thing I wanted for my EB batman is the deep dark blackness of the cape cause I love how it looked on screen.
I have both the wired and non wired cape, i was partial to the wired cause its appearance was so similar to the begins cape, and once I was able to pose the wired cape, for me, it made it perfect. In the movie, I think The begins batman suit emphasized more the dramatic flow of the cape.
The complex suit, not so much, so I think for the 1/4 Ht batman, the non wired cape would look better cause it looks better when it drapes naturally, like in your pics.

Got mine today! I really think that it's amazing! :)

tdkr1.jpg

tdkr2.jpg

HI I just opened the latest edition to the collection... 1/4 Hot Toys Bats EX version.....all I can say is ...ummmmm....ahhhhh WOW! I have the Enterbay Bats... this figure just blows it away.. I hope HT does a BBegins version..... really impressed with his one.

Got mine today! I really think that it's amazing! :)

tdkr1.jpg

tdkr2.jpg

Yeah when you can't see those bug eyes he is, so glad the eyes are deep set on this. :yess:

HI I just opened the latest edition to the collection... 1/4 Hot Toys Bats EX version.....all I can say is ...ummmmm....ahhhhh WOW! I have the Enterbay Bats... this figure just blows it away.. I hope HT does a BBegins version..... really impressed with his one.

I agree it's a way better figure quality wise and I think the Bale sculpt is better to. However, IMO nothing to this day even the Medicom cowls are as good as the EB cowls.

Back