Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to sell a figure to help fund this. When it's all set up and you get to really enjoy it, you will feel much better. ;)

I sold my DX12 for this, but there's a few others that could go.

I'm sure you are correct and I'll feel better when I get to stare at it for a couple hours and really take in the awesomeness of this figure.

I sold my DX12 for this, but there's a few others that could go.

I'm sure you are correct and I'll feel better when I get to stare at it for a couple hours and really take in the awesomeness of this figure.

What else are thinking of selling?
I can't imagine that you will miss the DX now that you have this.

What else are thinking of selling?
I can't imagine that you will miss the DX now that you have this.

I have been considering selling the DX08 and 09 on and off since I first 'broke the seal' and started selling off HT's. They are outside of the main licenses I collect (Nolan Batman, Terminator, Predator 1&2) and now that I see that HT can sculpt Jack better than that, I'm more inclined to get rid mine with the expectation that a new, improved version could be released sometime. The DX09 is pretty awesome, but I don't think I'd want to just have the one '89 Batman by itself.

The Toy Fair Gordon is looking out of place lately, being not only the lone secondary character on my shelf, but also an alt costume figure. Love Gary Oldman though and that's the only reason why it has hung around so far.

I have been considering selling the DX08 and 09 on and off since I first 'broke the seal' and started selling off HT's. They are outside of the main licenses I collect (Nolan Batman, Terminator, Predator 1&2) and now that I see that HT can sculpt Jack better than that, I'm more inclined to get rid mine with the expectation that a new, improved version could be released sometime. The DX09 is pretty awesome, but I don't think I'd want to just have the one '89 Batman by itself.

The Toy Fair Gordon is looking out of place lately, being not only the lone secondary character on my shelf, but also an alt costume figure. Love Gary Oldman though and that's the only reason why it has hung around so far.

I think you can handle loosing the Gordon. I find myself in the same situations with figures who are not stand alone icons.
And to me this is what it boils down to, the movie icons on the shelf?!

I think you can handle loosing the Gordon. I find myself in the same situations with figures who are not stand alone icons.
And to me this is what it boils down to, the movie icons on the shelf?!

I think you're right. I'll be packing him up and putting him up for sale. Just because I like the actor doesn't mean I need to have his secondary character amongst all my main characters. One of these days though, I'll be in a situation where I can have more than two detolfs full of figures and I won't have to be so selective. Till then, I have to stay balanced with the size and cost of my collection.

I think you're right. I'll be packing him up and putting him up for sale. Just because I like the actor doesn't mean I need to have his secondary character amongst all my main characters. One of these days though, I'll be in a situation where I can have more than two detolfs full of figures and I won't have to be so selective. Till then, I have to stay balanced with the size and cost of my collection.

Until I get a house with a sizable man-cave, I cannot go past four detolfs.

I have an old camera but I still enjoy the details of this figure.

Picture2_zpsd33a172b.png

Unreal- looks like 1/1 Bale! :hi5:

Gawd, the likeness on this guy is so awesome. I know it's obviously a totally different scale than the recent DX so it's not fair to compare but I soooooo wish they'd captured the "growly" face on the DX as well as they did with this figure. Superb.

I'd have to imagine that it was a fun experience for the sculptor to work on this scale. The great work sculptors put out at 1/6 is amazing, but working on such a small scale I'm sure can be limited. But with a larger canvas, even more detail can be applied. I can't stop gushing over how amazing this figure is.

I'd have to imagine that it was a fun experience for the sculptor to work on this scale. The great work sculptors put out at 1/6 is amazing, but working on such a small scale I'm sure can be limited. But with a larger canvas, even more detail can be applied. I can't stop gushing over how amazing this figure is.

Yep unless you have it in front of you you can't realize the level of detail in this figure. HT has made a masterpiece

Gawd, the likeness on this guy is so awesome. I know it's obviously a totally different scale than the recent DX so it's not fair to compare but I soooooo wish they'd captured the "growly" face on the DX as well as they did with this figure. Superb.

Yep unless you have it in front of you you can't realize the level of detail in this figure. HT has made a masterpiece

Again we have to thank the uproar from the fans and collectors who demanded that the sculpts and the entire figure be tweaked for the better, and Enterbay for setting the bar when it comes to great Bale-under-the-cowl likeness. If it weren't for these, we would be getting the figure that you can still see on the first page that is just a blown-up DX12 instead of the awesomeness that we now have.

So, I spent nearly two hours setting this up and getting all the pieces organized. I put it in my detolf and just flung my arms in exasperation because it immediately made the rest of my collection look weak. It is just superior work on HT's part and it is so loaded with great accessories. I'm so happy it has separated eye movement. No chance of misaligned pers and no chance of breaking.

I am sold on 1/4 scale by Hot Toys. I hope they continue and make the PS Terminator and it blows me away like Batman does.

Back