Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask why this will be your last 1/4 and why this has made you like 1/6th more? I mean I could understand if this was your first 1/4 but you have others so why was this the final straw to make you give up on 1/4 altogether? Like were their other problems with your other 1/4 scale figures that didn't seem to be on 1/6th figures?

I'm also surprised here.

No when I say arsed I mean arsed. Arse is a word over here that has a multitude of meanings. Very versatile I find. But you are right it can be used as another word for *** as well.
:lol

Oh really I didn't know that arsed was a real word.

Why is it that you folks across the pond can master the American dialect so well, but, most of us can't seem to grasp more than Hugh Grant and Oliver Twist?

Well neither Liam Neeson or Russel Crowe can't. How long have they lived in the US for now?

I know what you mean though the classy UK accent be it British, Scottish or Irish is hard to mimic.

:lol what a hilarious conversation. Nah, I like the QS001. But it hasn't grown on me much, I don't know I find something more magical about 1/6th.
It's the tiny details. Not knocking this at all, it is what it is.
:dunno

Thinking about it too hard gives me a pain in my gee.

Why is it that you folks across the pond can master the American dialect so well, but, most of us can't seem to grasp more than Hugh Grant and Oliver Twist?

Oh, I don't know about that. I bet I could take Rory to some places in west Baltimore and he'd think he was on another planet. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I understand most of the slang, probably because my wife's family is English.

Still waiting and hoping my Batman shows up this week. It has looked so awesome in all the photos I've seen, I can't imagine how great it will look in hand.

I understand most of the slang, probably because my wife's family is English.

Still waiting and hoping my Batman shows up this week. It has looked so awesome in all the photos I've seen, I can't imagine how great it will look in hand.

You ordered from BBTS right? Mine arrived on Friday but I haven't been home to receive the package!

As for your points, yup, shoulders, horribly big, I thought you would hate them too. My one doesn't have a belly problem, but I've seen it on some of the others. I also hate the kevlar boobs, the shape of his chest, it's too round and extruded for my liking. And the head well, yeah, as we both discussed early on, it's just not anatomically correct.

Sometimes I really don't understand Hot Toys. I mean they get usually 90% of the stuff right from revision to revision. Yet somehow cannot transfer the correct moulds over to a bigger release and then it looks like they took a lot of steps backwards. Which is ironic. The 1/4 has the better head sculpt and inferior body though with improved curving of the shoulder plates, yet the 1/6 has the better body with inferior mouth pieces and badly shaped shoulder plates.

I noticed at times the huge bevel on the kevlar chest. Yet they had it perfect with the DX12. I just don't understand them.

If you compare the 1/4 to the DX12 chest, it's nearly as buff as the MMS. Not quite the same but close.

Surely they must have had both the 1/4 and DX12 standing together and thought, the profile doesn't look the same here?

Just got mine. Was only able to check it out real quick. Had to go back to work. But I can already see I gotta mess with it a little. Seems the left leg is longer then the right. Maybe the boot isn't pushed all the way up. Plus the suit on the left leg is way off. Knee pad is too high and the left way too far. Think I need to pull the pants/suit on the left leg down a 1/4 of an inch.

Sometimes I really don't understand Hot Toys. I mean they get usually 90% of the stuff right from revision to revision. Yet somehow cannot transfer the correct moulds over to a bigger release and then it looks like they took a lot of steps backwards. Which is ironic. The 1/4 has the better head sculpt and inferior body though with improved curving of the shoulder plates, yet the 1/6 has the better body with inferior mouth pieces and badly shaped shoulder plates.

I noticed at times the huge bevel on the kevlar chest. Yet they had it perfect with the DX12. I just don't understand them.

If you compare the 1/4 to the DX12 chest, it's nearly as buff as the MMS. Not quite the same but close.

Surely they must have had both the 1/4 and DX12 standing together and thought, the profile doesn't look the same here?

Sounds like they get some things right by 'accident'. They don't actually recognise that a given thing was important and that that exact piece of correctness needed to also be correct on the other.

Personally I think they don't care and just wanted to make a large 18 inch Batman figure with a realistic head sculpt and likeness to Bale. Thus, they concentrated too much on this and just neglected the other issues of the figure,that were fine on the DX12. I know you say the DX12 body is better but people complained about that body to in that it had thunder thighs, which this body doesn't but instead apparently the shoulders are too wide and not anatomically correct on this figure. However, I probably would rather have thunder thighs than the strange shoulders this figure apparently has.

For the guys that have this already. How do the boots come off? I was pulling down on them and was afraid of breaking the ankle joints. Thing wouldn't come off.

Yeah but that makes no sense either since buggered means tired yet that is a common expression.

That's not the definition I was thinking...

That's not what 'buggered' means where I come from :rotfl

'Bugger' is an exclamation of annoyance, like 'darn'.
'Bugger' as a verb means a n a l sex between two men.

Wow never knew that! :horror

Wait, so when someone says 'bugger me' they're actually saying '**** me in the *******'? :horror

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :exactly:

I can't be arsed with this bollocks.

I say that at least 50 times a day.

Seriously? That's awesome. :lol

Hey Mags.
I don't speak American. Well actually I do when I'm in LA because otherwise no one understands my Irish accent.:lol

"I can't be arsed" meaning I'm finding it difficult to gather the energy or the interest to mod the QS001. I have kind of started to dislike it to be honest. I think it will be my last 1/4. It's good just doesn't excite me too much.

As for your points, yup, shoulders, horribly big, I thought you would hate them too. My one doesn't have a belly problem, but I've seen it on some of the others. I also hate the kevlar boobs, the shape of his chest, it's too round and extruded for my liking. And the head well, yeah, as we both discussed early on, it's just not anatomically correct.

Are you really gonna sell it? I thought you would find it hard to resist to try and fix some of the stuff at least. But I do understand, it's just too expensive a piece not to be happy with it.:(
It has made me like my 1/6th more though.

Mine too.

There you go, you may now officially come to Dublin for pints.

picture.php

Yeah, it's weird. I can't stop staring at my 1/6 one now. It just looks so lean and sharp by comparison. (Good point about the large bewbs on this QS.)

To be fair, that's after heavy modding though. I just don't have the energy to start all over with the QS. I am gong to sell it, and focus on making the Enterbay Bat absolutely perfect.

haha coz America is simple.

but...

'Bangs' for 'fringe'? 'Fanny' for 'bottom'? And the way food and drinks are ordered... 'Can I get a...' 'Im gonna go ahead and have...' And with reference to zombies 'he got bit' no. It's 'he was bitten'.

Putting 'here', 'there' or 'already' at the end of a sentence is awful.

Maths has an S on the end.

And periods are disgusting: it's a full stop.

You can't have a full stop coming out of your bottom but you can have a period out of your fanny

I think it's the other definition of period. As in 'period of time'.

Also, what's "maths"? Math is one subject (short for mathematics), not many subjects.

:lol what a hilarious conversation. Nah, I like the QS001. But it hasn't grown on me much, I don't know I find something more magical about 1/6th.
It's the tiny details. Not knocking this at all, it is what it is.
:dunno

Thinking about it too hard gives me a pain in my gee.

picture.php
:rotfl

For the guys that have this already. How do the boots come off? I was pulling down on them and was afraid of breaking the ankle joints. Thing wouldn't come off.

Keep pulling.

Bale has thunder thighs in some shots of the suit. Skin moves people.

I am not saying the people were right when they complained about thunder thighs, I am just saying that was one of the complaints and when someone I knew bought this figure he was glad that there were no thunder thighs. For me it was a non issue on the DX12.

picture.php

Also, what's "maths"? Math is one subject (short for mathematics), not many subjects.

picture.php
:rotfl

Keep pulling.

Jokes and Bats was just picking on you because he thinks the terminology of your nation is messed up. Originally mathematics was called Maths for short but in the US that was changed to Math but the UK and some other countries still use the term Maths for shorthand. ;)

I think it's the other definition of period. As in 'period of time'.

Also, what's "maths"? Math is one subject (short for mathematics), not many subjects

Period of time. Yup.
Period that women have aka 'on the blob'. Yup.
Period as a full stop or to indicate the definite end to something. Not used in England.

Mathematics is plural so maths is too. Math always has an S on in England.

And as English comes from England - that's what's correct. American is a derivation and therefore not canon.

But, you know, whatevs.

Let me ask you this: do you say “mathematics is my best subject” or “mathematics are my best subject”?

Back