Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine yesterday. Ordered it off ebay from timcent. Pretty pricey, $750 (early Christmas present), but he shipped really quickly (Less than 1 week from Hong Kong to LA), and packed it really well.

Early thoughts (unpacked it, but haven't really had time to take out all the accessories, etc.):
-As pretty much everyone's said, the cape is a b*tch! It took me a while to get it properly installed and semi-futzed.
-The Bale HS is phenomenal! It really does look like someone just shrunk his head.
-Mine has a little bit of a belly, but the more I adjusted it, the better it looked.
-Very pleased with the articulation, I think they made the right call going w/ratchet joints, and the cloth suit really opens up the movement, compared to my DX02 (don't have the DX12, but this figure makes me really want that one too).
-Seems very,very sturdy
-Only real glitch I've noticed so far is on one of the arms, I can see a piece of the 'double-sided' tape holding some of the armor on.

Overall, a phenomenal piece, really a must-have!!!

Just got mine yesterday. Ordered it off ebay from timcent. Pretty pricey, $750 (early Christmas present), but he shipped really quickly (Less than 1 week from Hong Kong to LA), and packed it really well.

Early thoughts (unpacked it, but haven't really had time to take out all the accessories, etc.):
-As pretty much everyone's said, the cape is a b*tch! It took me a while to get it properly installed and semi-futzed.
-The Bale HS is phenomenal! It really does look like someone just shrunk his head.
-Mine has a little bit of a belly, but the more I adjusted it, the better it looked.
-Very pleased with the articulation, I think they made the right call going w/ratchet joints, and the cloth suit really opens up the movement, compared to my DX02 (don't have the DX12, but this figure makes me really want that one too).
-Seems very,very sturdy
-Only real glitch I've noticed so far is on one of the arms, I can see a piece of the 'double-sided' tape holding some of the armor on.

Overall, a phenomenal piece, really a must-have!!!

No customs charge ?

No customs charge. Never had to deal w/one stateside, and I've ordered often from Hong Kong/China/Japan

just received papers from EU customs :(
I have to declare the value, proof of purchase etc.
So i'm going to get stun rather hard i guess.
Bought my bats from timcent88 on Ebay.
(i tought he would have declared a lower value)

Same happened for me, except i never had to provide anything, the cheeky beggars didn't even open the parcel just let it sit in customs for a week and charged me £20. He marked it down for me too so :dunno luck of the draw i guess. I mean the package isn't exactly small either so its not like it can slip through unnoticed.

Try using a polishing cloth on your cowl, the scratch might rub out. I also have my figures under LED lights, but if he's holding the cowl you may not see any imperfections anyway, unless its the cowl on his head. Just be careful when placing at his side and you should be ok :) just make sure its resting against the leg, and no accessories added to the belt.

Thanks for the tips! :wink1:

Ok so got him inside the Master light house case and he fits rather well. I like the display case aswell :rock didn't have enough batteries to light the bottom section up :( thought they might have included some.

Adds a certain level of class to it. Here he is inside

DSCN0014.JPG

DSCN0013.JPG

Stealth, just to clarify, is this the same display case you're using in these pictures?

View attachment 68137

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=LGS10004&mode=retail

Damn i really cant wait for this bad boy to come.

Anyone here collect video game collectors editions? Theres a batman game coming out this month. People are having doubts about the game because kevin conroy and mark hammill are not returning to provide voice. Anyway, the game has a collectors edition that sold out real fast. I felt bad initially, but having this POd completely makes up for it lol.

Edit: i feel bad again thinking about it. Damnit i need that edition too...

Ask timcent if he declared it as a gift and with what value... if he did mark it as a gift you could just tell customs you don't have proof of purchase because you didn't buy it. Tell them all the info they need is on the packaging. Please don't tell me you've already sent them the receipt... timcent might have declared it at 100 dollars.. then you send them a receipt for 700+...

I've also bought it from Timcent and he said he put the low value and I trust him because i did it with my EB Batman.

Hope you did not sent the full value mate ...

Fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i dont have to pay full customs, i'll buy master light case wouhou

Ask timcent if he declared it as a gift and with what value... if he did mark it as a gift you could just tell customs you don't have proof of purchase because you didn't buy it. Tell them all the info they need is on the packaging. Please don't tell me you've already sent them the receipt... timcent might have declared it at 100 dollars.. then you send them a receipt for 700+...

Timcent ALWAYS marks everything down in my experience. Customs can stop any item and refute the cost claimed by the shipper. If you are unlucky enough to have your "$25" or $75" 1/4 scale extremely expensive looking Batman toy opened by customs, then it's pretty obvious to them that the cost on the label is a lie. They then ask you to provide actual documentation from Paypal or whatever as to what you actually paid for it. You are screwed (unless you fake your Paypal receipt) but it's not Timcent's fault.

They did not tell that it was Timcent's fault.

I hope I will be luck because i've ordered from him too. He's a perfect seller and i won't stop to deal with him because of customs.

I will let you know. As I said " Fingers crossed " :pray::clap:hi5:

They did not tell that it was Timcent's fault.

I hope I will be luck because i've ordered from him too. He's a perfect seller and i won't stop to deal with him because of customs.

I will let you know. As I said " Fingers crossed " :pray::clap:hi5:

I also confirm Timcent is the best!:yess: I have also preordered 1/4 bat from him...

I feel for you. I couldn't bother this hobby if I had to pay custom charges. Some of the costs I've heard on this forum are crazy. Is it every time you orders overseas?

I feel for you. I couldn't bother this hobby if I had to pay custom charges. Some of the costs I've heard on this forum are crazy. Is it every time you orders overseas?

Yes that's insane man. Well i've had chance when i've ordered my EB Batman from Timcent. Sometimes i ask to the seller if I can pay with two invoices so the customes fees are / 2.

Really sucks.

Back