Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel for you. I couldn't bother this hobby if I had to pay custom charges. Some of the costs I've heard on this forum are crazy. Is it every time you orders overseas?

It really depends on where you order from and your location.

Years ago I used to order loads of vinyl records from the UK and never got hit with charges. But if I ordered from the USA, I'd get hit hard with fees.

As for getting charged every time -- that really depends on the officer conducting the inspection and if they had their coffee lol. It's inconsistent and unpredictable in my experience.

Last edited:
It really depends on where you order from and your location.

Years ago I used to order loads of vinyl records from the UK and never got hit with charges. But if I ordered from the USA, I'd get hit hard with fees.

As for getting charged every time -- that really depends on the officer conducting the inspection and if they had their coffee lol.

Lol!Agreed! Same here in Greece!

Timcent ALWAYS marks everything down in my experience. Customs can stop any item and refute the cost claimed by the shipper. If you are unlucky enough to have your "$25" or $75" 1/4 scale extremely expensive looking Batman toy opened by customs, then it's pretty obvious to them that the cost on the label is a lie. They then ask you to provide actual documentation from Paypal or whatever as to what you actually paid for it. You are screwed (unless you fake your Paypal receipt) but it's not Timcent's fault.

Timcent88 is a great seller, no doubt. (and great comms)
I just have the bad luck with being picked out by customs.
There is no other option then to file the real value/print-out Paypal/Ebay.
Timcent88 was to kind to send a template to me of the invoice. But he didn't save the invoice number,etc...
So i guess I'll be eating cereal/crackers for the coming weeks,and skip some HT releases .

Timcent88 was to kind to send a template to me of the invoice. But he didn't save the invoice number,etc...
So i guess I'll be eating cereal/crackers for the coming weeks,and skip some HT releases .

Man ! Did You already send the real value ???? Please wait i'm négociating with them ...

Yes that's insane man. Well i've had chance when i've ordered my EB Batman from Timcent. Sometimes i ask to the seller if I can pay with two invoices so the customes fees are / 2.

Really sucks.

That's a smart idea. But I always instruct timcent to declare a low value and mark it as a gift. This way I'm not obligated to show proof of purchase even if customs ask for it. Unless they have proof that I'm lying, if it's marked as a gift then it's a gift.

That's a smart idea. But I always instruct timcent to declare a low value and mark it as a gift. This way I'm not obligated to show proof of purchase even if customs ask for it. Unless they have proof that I'm lying, if it's marked as a gift then it's a gift.

I will do that next time mate.

I'm trying something with customs hope it works ... i don't want to pay that ! I want the master light house :clap

I used to order a lot of stuff from HK sellers. I know it's highly illegal, but I did photoshop fake Paypal receipts from time to time. It's pretty easy to do. Just paste a different figure into the image and screengrab it so you can't see the full item number.

I didn't just write any of that. Ignore me. When I was younger I did silly things.
:monkey3

I used to order a lot of stuff from HK sellers. I know it's highly illegal, but I did photoshop fake Paypal receipts from time to time. It's pretty easy to do. Just paste a different figure into the image and screengrab it so you can't see the full item number.

I didn't just write any of that. Ignore me. When I was younger I did silly things.
:monkey3

Smart :hi5:
Customs take the piss! I ordered a signed poster from the US and customs ripped the poster tube and poster in half... Then held it at the post office and charged me a handling fee :slap

WTF ... Seriously ? :cuckoo:

Yeah seriously, I refused the poster at the post office because of the damage. It was sent back to the seller, which made it his responsibility to deal with the claim which wasn't my intentions... There was just no way I was paying £22 to customs for them destroying the poster! :thud:

Oh man that sucks... If it was insured, would insurance cover that damage?

Yeah it was insured but I refused the poster, so it was sent back to the seller and he had to deal with the claim, not my intentions as I said but not paying customs a handling fee! :hi5:

Some good news, my hot toys belt arrived today with no problems. Will unpack it later and take a pic on the enterbay batman for any1 interested... Hoping it will be a good fit.

Wow I didn't know many of us ordered from Timcent88! I took a gamble on this Ebay user and went by his positive reviews. I ordered mine this monday and it made it to LA custom at 6:25 a.m. SUPER FAST SHIPPING! I am southern California so I am hoping to goes through inspection fast and lands on saturday hopefully!

By the way, I have noticed based on Timecent88's history he have sold quite an amount of Hot Toys 1/4 Batman. I wonder how many he really have. :lol

Wow I didn't know many of us ordered from Timcent88! I took a gamble on this Ebay user and went by his positive reviews. I ordered mine this monday and it made it to LA custom at 6:25 a.m. SUPER FAST SHIPPING! I am southern California so I am hoping to goes through inspection fast and lands on saturday hopefully!

By the way, I have noticed based on Timecent88's history he have sold quite an amount of Hot Toys 1/4 Batman. I wonder how many he really have. :lol

Was the only way to get the exclusive :hi5:

Hope to get mine very soon :yess:

Wait, you guys are getting this off ebay? I see all $700+ listings.

I know, right? Absolutely fair enough to those who have paid such prices, but the reg will hit soon and realistically it's not going to be listed on ebay for insane prices like the ex is.

I'm holding out for the reg.

Back