Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys.I seen a few pics with people that have a 1/4 scale figure in their detolf and I see they somehow manage to buy something to put the glass seperators at different heights instead of using the bars that are along the sides.anyone know where i can buy those clamps or what ever they are to adjust my shelves in my detolf?.Sorry if I am not explaining it well.

Not sure what they call them in the states, but here in Australia we call them wire rope grips/clamps. They look like this:

commercial-galvanised-wire-rope-grips-pack-of-12-495-p.jpg

You buy them from a hardware store.

Yep, I just used these for another figure on my detolf. Heres the link for them on Amazon:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002T44RRW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Yeah but I'm sure he scratched the shiat out of that cowl against the belt. :lol

Nope, it's fine :) If you sit there and rub the cowl against the belt whilst trying to position it you might scratch it, but if you do it correctly there is no issue. The key is to position the arm and hand correctly, but leave plenty of space between the arm and his belt. Then place the cowl in the hand, and holding the cowl and the arm, carefully sandwich the cowl between arm and belt/hip by pushing the arm towards the hip. No chance of scratching it this way.

I have knocked the cowl out of his hand, it has fallen from the top of my detolf shelf, hit corner glass, rolled on the floor etc... multiple times and all it has is one very light tiny scratch that you can hardly see unless you look close under light, so placing it against the belt won't do any harm.

I'll never use to sonar head. So maybe I'll turn the sonar head into and empty cowl. :devil

Yeah I would rather do that then pay the prices they are charging for the EX.

Thanks Steve, thought you might like that one ;) It does look quite good like that, I'm happy with it. Might add the sticky-bomb gun in his other hand. Will look really good once it's in my custom display cabinet with the lights turned on :yess:

Cool will you take a pic of that to?

Yeah I would rather do that then pay the prices they are charging for the EX.

Cool will you take a pic of that to?

You mean with just the sticky bomb gun, or once it's in the display? Can take a pic with the gun...but the display won't be ready for at least a week or 2. Going to buy the material this weekend and get started, and I'm still waiting on a quote for the acrylic. It's the painting and polishing that's going to take me a while. I'm aiming for a mirror finish black, or close to it. Not looking forward to all the polishing involved lol.

You mean it didn't leave any light scratches whatsoever? No lines visible from different angles under light? I'm having trouble believing that after experience with the DX12 and now the QS001 which is the same.

I'm happy with it. Might add the sticky-bomb gun in his other hand. Will look really good once it's in my custom display cabinet with the lights turned on :yess:

That's how i decided to have mine for the time being :rock, i get the master light house case today so im hoping he looks ok inside and not cramped up. Loving this figure.

You mean with just the sticky bomb gun, or once it's in the display? Can take a pic with the gun...but the display won't be ready for at least a week or 2. Going to buy the material this weekend and get started, and I'm still waiting on a quote for the acrylic. It's the painting and polishing that's going to take me a while. I'm aiming for a mirror finish black, or close to it. Not looking forward to all the polishing involved lol.

Oh I meant when you have him in your final display. ;)

The sticky-bomb all the way for the hong kong scene. I will order the master light house display. But first i want to be sure about the pose.

Mine arrived in Belgium, hope to get it soon :panic:

You mean it didn't leave any light scratches whatsoever? No lines visible from different angles under light? I'm having trouble believing that after experience with the DX12 and now the QS001 which is the same.

As I mentioned in my post, there was I think 1 very light small line barely visible at certain angles under light...it's very feint, and it wasn't from the belt, it happened after I knocked the cowl out of his hand and fell off my detolf shelf and onto the floor, hitting the glass along the way. Mind you, this happened twice. The cowl isn't actually touching the belt, it's resting on his leg. It just looks like it's touching the belt. I don't have the accessories fitted to the belt, so maybe those will scratch it. I also haven't had it posed like that for long, so maybe it will leave marks over time...who knows.

In all honesty though, that sounds very OCD. I mean, if I had to hold the cowl up to my eye ***** and rotate it under strong light to see the lightest, tiniest scratch, who gives a sh-t? I won't lose sleep over it. I dunno, maybe others are different, but I'm not that OCD. If the cowl was covered in scratches as you initially said mine would be (from posing it that way), then yeah I might be pissed, but a tiny feint scratch here or there won't bother me. This whole figure is covered in black plastic. It may develop small, light marks over time from handling it. I guess just try be as careful as possible and if you're gonna pose it like this, then just do it carefully. If it's resting against the leg like mine is and not actually touching the belt then it shouldn't really get scratched. Even if it is resting on the belt, I can't see how it'll get scratched unless the cowl rubs against the belt or you have the accessories fitted.

Oh I meant when you have him in your final display. ;)

Oh of course! I can't wait to complete it and take pics. I initially wanted to paint the case gloss white since it's my first one and I figured painting it white will hide any imperfections in the paint job, but unfortunately it won't fit in with the rest of my furniture, so gloss black it'll have to be lol. It just means I'll have to spend more time on the prep.

Well I have my figures under LED strips and such scratches are visible so I do care and try to minimize them as much as I can. The cowl is a bit more scratch resistant than the batsuit though. But I accidentally touched the sonar head with my finger nail and it left a light scratch. :lol

That's how i decided to have mine for the time being :rock, i get the master light house case today so im hoping he looks ok inside and not cramped up. Loving this figure.

Hope you put some pics of him in the case on here mate, I'm thinking of going for the same display!!

If I put him like that, i prefer him holding the sonar cowl :hi5:

Good picture, this wait is killing me ^^

Back