Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knees and neck look great there.

Not sure why you're so resistant to the shims though. :lol

Personally, I just like the set-it-and-forget-it nature of the shims. No need to futz with the chest/neck again.

Agreed, I just meant getting it right the first time. Holding the head in your hand, trying to get them right while using that joystick to adjust them can be a little....trying. :pray: :wink1: :lol

Just a quick pic to show you can adjust the height a bit to get it to display with the EB stuff pretty well. Pull the boots off & pop them back in about two clicks, that should do it...YMMV. The posts are pretty long so its stable standing there. Mags, I didn't even feel the need to shim...I pulled the suit up as much as I could, popped the neck post & head on, then pushed down until I got it where I wanted it. If it sags over time I might stuff some cotton in there, but it seems to hold well. Regarding the off center knees...I must have spent 30 minutes or so twisting the suit over the legs until I got it to a happy place...no more Joe Theismann pencil sharpener legs. :yess: A little blue tac under the shoulder armor is keeping it locked in place. I am going to contact SS about a replacement belt, as you can see the round insert of the buckle is skewed.

Sideshow doesn't have any replacements. My belt has a couple light scratches and paint chips and they said they have no replacements for anything. Try it but please do tell me if they help you.

Also, great job with ab and chest futzing. You don't have that ridiculous amount of ab straps showing and no beer belly on yours. :)

bats3_zps42faa558.jpg

Really, the only thing about him that bothers me, looking at this pic, is the head to shoulder ratio.

The Enterbay figure has both narrower shoulders and a bigger head. I realize that TDK suit has shoulder pads, but seriously he looks like a football player there. Or this:

Gareth-Pugh-in-J.Lindeberg-American-Football-Shoulder-Pads.jpg

I might actually see this guy on Saturday :panic::panic: can't wait. I still prefer my EB as i love the begins suit but this guy will shine just as much on his own with his own display.

Knees and neck look great there.
Not sure why you're so resistant to the shims though. :lol

Personally, I just like the set-it-and-forget-it nature of the shims. No need to futz with the chest/neck again.

Oh, I tried it & it works great. In the end...and as you can see in the pic...I didn't feel it was needed because the suit grabs the neck post fairly well. Plus it leaves a bit of a gap underneath so it doesn't grab Lance's cape as well. You'll see. If it sags over time I'll be shim-shimery shim-shimery shim shim sha-roo all over it! :hi5: for the veiled Mary Poppins reference. :clap

BTW I just wrapped the ends of the cape with electrical tape before I stuffed it in there & it holds nicely.

Sideshow doesn't have any replacements. My belt has a couple light scratches and paint chips and they said they have no replacements for anything. Try it but please do tell me if they help you.

Well, that's a total...
one-for-the-team.jpg

Also, great job with ab and chest futzing. You don't have that ridiculous amount of ab straps showing and no beer belly on yours. :)

Really, the only thing about him that bothers me, looking at this pic, is the head to shoulder ratio.

The Enterbay figure has both narrower shoulders and a bigger head. I realize that TDK suit has shoulder pads, but seriously he looks like a football player there.

Thanks...there's a good amount of play on the chest armor so there's no excuse for unsightly straps. I don't know where the beer belly comes from in some pics...maybe the suit is gathering up in that area. The belt isn't a tight fit at all, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of ab crunch to the body. Agreed about the head & shoulders area...the shoulder pads are too big (as usual), combine that with the flat traps & the skinny neck and you get Phil Jackson in a Batman suit. :wink1: One thing to note is with the "shrug joints" you can drop the arms down some so maybe they won't stick out as far...I'll mess with it in a few.

I'm definitely doing that footpeg mod with mine. Thanks for the tip karnis.

Not even a mod per se. All the pegs are very much like the SS Joker pegs in that the part that goes into the arms and legs are long and ridged...especially the foot pegs (Maglor has pics of them in the SS Joker thread/ knee replacement mod). Just pull 'em out and pop them back in 2 or 3 clicks. For a museum type pose it's plenty stable. Haven't tried any deep knee bends though...:lol

Last edited:
I think some of these have a beer belly whilst others don't?
Karnis' doesn't have it and mine is nearly concave. Others I've seen on here do seem to have a slight bulge.
:dunno

Karnis' doesn't have it and mine is nearly concave. Others I've seen on here do seem to have a slight bulge.

Maybe the padded suit is bunching up in that area? BTW kudos for using the word "whilst". :clap :wink1:

Adjusting the arms...maybe the tiniest of improvement...not really. Maybe. :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah, the under suit must be the cause. Although not sure if I fancy taking this suit off like the 1/6. Doable I'm sure, but not for the faint hearted. As you say it must be bunched up on on some of these and not on others, it's either that or they have put a foam belly wrap around (they did this horribly on the recent Toy Fair Captain America) and perhaps it's not the same thickness on them all.

Looking at Karnis' photo of the 2 Bats and Joker, I can see the torso length (from shoulder to crotch) is short, compared to the EB Bats'.

If someone is looking for the regular I got my 14 days notice. Shoot me up an offer, I am going to trade right away if you got the mark VII BD!

Thanks...there's a good amount of play on the chest armor so there's no excuse for unsightly straps. I don't know where the beer belly comes from in some pics...maybe the suit is gathering up in that area. The belt isn't a tight fit at all, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of ab crunch to the body.

Yeah, the under suit must be the cause. Although not sure if I fancy taking this suit off like the 1/6. Doable I'm sure, but not for the faint hearted. As you say it must be bunched up on on some of these and not on others, it's either that or they have put a foam belly wrap around (they did this horribly on the recent Toy Fair Captain America) and perhaps it's not the same thickness on them all.

Yeah mine seems to have a bit of a belly, it was quite annoying at first. Have been trying to play with it a bit, and have managed to get it a little more flat looking, but it seems impossible to get a concave look happening. There doesn't appear to be any articulation between the chest and stomach area like on 1/6 figures. I can only seem to bend mine at the waist? I think being able to do a bit of an ab crunch would get rid of the belly but doesn't seem to be working.

I couldn't seem to futz the chest plate either. Have a large amount of ab straps showing on mine, and tried pulling the chest piece down but it wouldn't move. Any tips guys?

Agreed, I just meant getting it right the first time. Holding the head in your hand, trying to get them right while using that joystick to adjust them can be a little....trying. :pray: :wink1: :lol

Just a quick and fugly pic to show you can adjust the height a bit to get it to display with the EB stuff pretty well. Pull the boots off & pop them back in about two clicks, that should do it...YMMV. The posts are pretty long so its stable standing there. Mags, I didn't even feel the need to shim...I pulled the suit up as much as I could, popped the neck post & head on, then pushed down until I got it where I wanted it. If it sags over time I might stuff some cotton in there, but it seems to hold well. Regarding the off center knees...I must have spent 30 minutes or so twisting the suit over the legs until I got it to a happy place...no more Joe Theismann pencil sharpener legs. :yess: A little blue tac under the shoulder armor is keeping it locked in place. I am going to contact SS about a replacement belt, as you can see the round insert of the buckle is skewed.

karnis, could you please explain how you futz the off center knee pads?
I think I'll need this :wave:hi5:

karnis, could you please explain how you futz the off center knee pads?
I think I'll need this :wave:hi5:

Here's what I did...first, pop off the boots, because you'll need to grab hold of the legs below the suit. Then push the legs together and bend the knees so you know the legs are aligned properly. Now, spread them apart and start with one leg...while holding the lower part of the legs still (just the bare leg, don't grab at the suit) start near the crotch area and begin twisting the suit in the direction you need to go. Do this in small increments. As you are twisting the suit, work your way down the leg towards the knee, getting things aligned as best you can. Eventually, once you get below the knee you'll have some slack that you can grab & really twist around. Keep doing this slowly and you'll make progress. Note that you may wind up with some excess around the crotch area but that's ok as that's telling you you're making headway. Just keep doing it until you can get it the best you can, occasionally bending the knee to check your progress. Once you get the first leg as best you can, move to the other one. Use the photo below for reference...you'll want those lines to match up on both legs. Take your time, be careful and eventually it will look better. Good luck!

I couldn't seem to futz the chest plate either. Have a large amount of ab straps showing on mine, and tried pulling the chest piece down but it wouldn't move. Any tips guys?
Try taking the shirt and pushing it up towards the chest plate. Also, pop the head & neck post off; while holding your thumb on the neck post, push the suit up at the shoulders blades on the back. Then try pushing the chest armor down on the shirt. Work it carefully for awhile & you should be able to get those straps under control.

Oh, I tried it & it works great. In the end...and as you can see in the pic...I didn't feel it was needed because the suit grabs the neck post fairly well. Plus it leaves a bit of a gap underneath so it doesn't grab Lance's cape as well. You'll see. If it sags over time I'll be shim-shimery shim-shimery shim shim sha-roo all over it! :hi5: for the veiled Mary Poppins reference. :clap

BTW I just wrapped the ends of the cape with electrical tape before I stuffed it in there & it holds nicely.

Good idea. :clap

Yeah mine seems to have a bit of a belly, it was quite annoying at first. Have been trying to play with it a bit, and have managed to get it a little more flat looking, but it seems impossible to get a concave look happening. There doesn't appear to be any articulation between the chest and stomach area like on 1/6 figures. I can only seem to bend mine at the waist? I think being able to do a bit of an ab crunch would get rid of the belly but doesn't seem to be working.

Easier to do than describe...

Try taking the shirt and pushing it up towards the chest plate. Also, pop the head & neck post off; while holding your thumb on the neck post, push the suit up at the shoulders blades on the back. Then try pushing the chest armor down on the shirt. Work it carefully for awhile & you should be able to get those straps under control.

:exactly: Good description. :lol

It just seems like common sense to me. You want the abs further up under the chest armor? Push it up there. :dunno

My hunch is that pulling the ab shirt up under the chest armor is part of getting rid of the gut...

Thanks for the helpful futzing tips Karnis! Consider this page bookmarked. I wonder if it's possible to build up the traps to avoid the Phil Jackson wide shoulders without doing anything extreme like heating and shaping them? Or pulling the shoulder pads tighter to the body without hindering the articulation further?

Back