Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold on, let me find the link...

Made a huge difference on mine. You need to find something the right thickness, but equally import ants heating up the armor so you can flex/slope the traps down toward the deltoids.

I'm curious too but i'm affraid to do that kind of stuff

Hold on, let me find the link...

...You need to find something the right thickness, but equally import ants heating up the armor so you can flex/slope the traps down toward the deltoids.

Here it is:

Alternate Neck Mod:

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

[EDIT] I failed to mention that the whole upper armor has been heated and pressed down on the figure. That creates a nice natural slope to the shoulders, especially when the shims are in place.

05-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

09-1.jpg

To be clear, the stuff about sanding the neck is not necessary for shortening the neck. Simply shimming the armor does that. That means it is an even less permanent mod than the other neck mod since no glue seal needs to be broken if you are just going to slide in the rolled up electrical tape.

The sanding stuff is ONLY for increased articulation.

I won't be doing any sanding on the neck at all. In retrospect, that part was largely unnecessary. But the shims make a huge difference. Want bigger slopes, use bigger shims.

Not sure what I'm gonna use on the QS yet, probably just a bigger roll of electrical tape.

So it's basically two steps:

1) Shim the traps where shown,

2) Heat up the armor to shape the trap area in a slope from the shims to the shoulder armor. (Heat, squeeze, and freeze method)

Lol i put my dx12 on ebay, and a member happens to live near me and offered $300. I accepted, and ended the auction. No shipping and commission :D

Gonna use that for this figure. Come on cmdstore...

As long as you don't do any sanding and avoid the glued version, this is not a permanent mod, so there is very little risk.

There doesn't seem to be much difference there Mags? I mean the neck post is sitting a bit lower in the second pic, but the slope of the shoulders looks pretty much the same?
:dunno dropping the neck post into the body further achieves the same result?

The red area is the stock version overlayed on the modded version of your pic. I know they are slightly different angles. The only real difference I can see are the bent kevlar straps on his chest,
but thats from heating/bending the shoulder/chest armour right?

ScreenShot2013-10-01at093957_zps23a10cc8.png

EDIT: Oh wait, I get it now, I think, you are not actually changing the slope of the traps? just lifting the entire chest section up a bit? Easier to cut the neck post and push it down into the body IMO, well that's what I found.
:duff

Looks great Drac, did you mod the EB Joker? Or have you just cleverly, hidden what HT bats is standing on (The rocks on the base) because my Joker towers over HT Bats.
I mean his shoulder line is up at Batman's eye level almost. Whatever you have cheated looks good, but probably should warn everyone else that there is a massive
size difference between the two.

Last edited:
I thought it looked like the gauntlets are further down the arm. I know there are gaps on the real suit, but it's so skintight compared to the arms on this that it's a completely different deal. It just changes the arm shape, I guess. It makes the gauntlets look a little short IMO. I felt the same when I did it to my 1/6th. But it's more noticible here. Each to their own. But I do hate the gauntlet straps. The fists are a bit on the small side already though. Hmmmm.....

Those overly bulky straps made the hands look like skeleton bone hands underneath those gloves, after trimming those straps made the hands look better. But man, I just love my figure so much like each and everyday when I get home from my outing schedules, I can't stop admiring that figure.

Last edited:
Looks great Drac, did you mod the EB Joker? Or have you just cleverly, hidden what HT bats is standing on (The rocks on the base) because my Joker towers over HT Bats.
I mean his shoulder line is up at Batman's eye level almost. Whatever you have cheated looks good, but probably should warn everyone else that there is a massive
size difference between the two.

Batman is standing a bit more closer to the camera, about 2 cm. Doesn't make a huge difference. One leg is standing on the rocks and one is just next to them. I moved the legs closer to each other to give more height to him. No modding to the Joker.

Ok. Shipped. Should be here next Monday.

Nice!

Those pics are awesome ! I really love the classic display but i will go for the Hong Kong display.

Batman is standing a bit more closer to the camera, about 2 cm. Doesn't make a huge difference. One leg is standing on the rocks and one is just next to them. I moved the legs closer to each other to give more height to him. No modding to the Joker.

Oh cool man, that makes sense. I've just being playing around with the two of them now as well. My god the Enterbay Joker body is horrible, it's been so long since I reposed him I forgot. I think I will replace the entire EB body at some point.
(WIP joker, bit of work to do on hair)

"So, this Bat walked into a bar..."
5_zpsabbf7780.jpg
3_zps90ad91ed.jpg
4_zps36c1d57e.jpg

Last edited:
Those pics are awesome ! I really love the classic display but i will go for the Hong Kong display.

So far I have changed pose every day. Started off with HK display. I have another one on pre-order so will have one masked and the other unmasked HK display.

Oh cool man, that makes sense. I've just being playing around with the two of them now as well. My god the Enterbay Joker body is horrible, it's been so long since I reposed him I forgot. I think I will replace the entire EB body at some point.

Yeah the Joker body is horrible. The same with the EB Bats and T-800. Especially around the legs... :gah:

Sorry for the double post. I'm on my useless phone right now.

Yeah the Joker body is horrible. The same with the EB Bats and T-800. Especially around the legs... :gah:

I wonder would a 1/4 HT body work? I'm thinking of picking one up whenever they are on ebay and give it a go. The Joker head itself isn't too big, the clothes could be futzed a bit. Hmmm...

What's wrong with the T800 body? I've been considering buying the BD T800 figure for a while, but never owned an Enterbay figure before. Your post and Rory's are making me have second thoughts now lol.

So far I have changed pose every day. Started off with HK display. I have another one on pre-order so will have one masked and the other unmasked HK display.

Sadly i can't afford 2 of this ... I think i will go with a classic display with my EB Batman and the " action " display with this one :hi5:

I love figures but it's amazing how much things you can do, it's like i'm never happy with a pose :panic:

What's wrong with the T800 body? I've been considering buying the BD T800 figure for a while, but never owned an Enterbay figure before. Your post and Rory's are making me have second thoughts now lol.

Well the Joker body is too long, weirdly proportioned and bow legged.
And it's very hard to make it not look retarded.

I haven't heard the same about the BD T800 which looks amazing (I didn't pick it up) But I guess you just want him to stand up right?

I wonder would a 1/4 HT body work? I'm thinking of picking one up whenever they are on ebay and give it a go. The Joker head itself isn't too big, the clothes could be futzed a bit. Hmmm...

I'd like to see that. Alternatively you could try to trim down the length of the Joker body. If possible.

The T-800 BD body in my case is a bit stiff and also loose around one of the ankles. It's not as bad as the EB Bats and Joker where I can hardly move the legs. I guess with the Enterbay bodies it's a lottery. I've even seen different lengths of the same Enterbay figures. Especially with the Jordan figures. :slap

Sadly i can't afford 2 of this ... I think i will go with a classic display with my EB Batman and the " action " display with this one :hi5:

I love figures but it's amazing how much things you can do, it's like i'm never happy with a pose :panic:

This is one of the reasons why I prefer figures over statues (but I still collect statues). Figures are like a thousand statues in one.

Well the Joker body is too long, weirdly proportioned and bow legged.
And it's very hard to make it not look retarded.

You still seem to do a good job posing it though, looked very natural to me, like a statue in a wax museum. You are right though it is a ***** to pose, it took me a long time to try and achieve a natural looking pose.:gah:

The T-800 BD body in my case is a bit stiff and also loose around one of the ankles. It's not as bad as the EB Bats and Joker where I can hardly move the legs. I guess with the Enterbay bodies it's a lottery.

So how does the Hot Toys 1/4 scale body compare to 1.4 scale EB bodies? Is it easier to pose?

I've even seen different lengths of the same Enterbay figures. Especially with the Jordan figures. :slap

Really? How much of a difference did you see?

This is one of the reasons why I prefer figures over statues (but I still collect statues). Figures are like a thousand statues in one.

Never knew you owned any statues, what statues do you have Drac? I would buy statues if they looked as realistic as these figures do but they don't. :slap

Back