Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's sad, a few weeks ago people are raving about this figure, now all I see are complaints.

Hey what's with timcent on eBay. Charging like $780 for this thing. :lol I bought both my EB Bats and my T2 BD Arnie, both for around $500 shipped from him.

Pass I guess then. He was my only backup plan.

It's the ex dude. If you look at all the listings really only the ex is available at the minute. All the sellers are at it. I haven't seen one for a sane price on eBay yet. I'm hoping that changes when they start listing the reg! As I haven't got this on pre order!!!

Ok so here's what I did.. Enterbay Batman is boxed (not happy about it). He's gonna take a rest for a while until I can figure out (no pun intended) where to put him. Couldn't have HT Batman out in the open since it collects dust and the boots really attracts it and it's hard to remove. But it worked out pretty great having him boxed. Because I realized I could use the EB cape for the QS001, and I must say it looks great! The material isn't that stiff/thick like the stock cape or the velvet capes. It really hangs nicely and isn't that large either. It does look "fluffy" up close but from normal viewing distance it looks flat and nice (although I was kinda lazy when posing the cape).

xomk.jpg

3i1u.jpg

nl0e.jpg

Oh and a comparison pic of the bank robber mask...

kom8.jpg

This is so good. So nice. See, all it takes is futzing. The neck isn't so long and is perfectly wide. Looks fantastic.

It's the ex dude. If you look at all the listings really only the ex is available at the minute. All the sellers are at it. I haven't seen one for a sane price on eBay yet. I'm hoping that changes when they start listing the reg! As I haven't got this on pre order!!!

Oh really? I never knew that. Ok well here's hoping the regular is more reasonable then. Otherwise the DX12 will have to do.

Otherwise the DX12 will have to do.

I can't get over looking in the DX02 thread that it has a mouthpiece thats slightly open and the DX12 doesn't have any. SHOCKING!

This figure has such nice mouth pieces. *sobs like a little gurl*

Yeah. I don't think the ex is available anywhere yet mate :) I'm hoping timcent and the rest come through On the reg!

I can't get over looking in the DX02 thread that it has a mouthpiece thats slightly open and the DX12 doesn't have any. SHOCKING!

This figure has such nice mouth pieces. *sobs like a little gurl*

:lol:lol:lol Well you what they say about mouthpieces right?

Yeah. I don't think the ex is available anywhere yet mate :) I'm hoping timcent and the rest come through On the reg!

Its my only option, I don't plan ahead :D

Got mine this weekend the cowl and face plates are amazing. My only gripes are that the knee pads seem to be slightly offset from the middle of the knee and I know this my be controversial but I just don't think he has the presence of the enterbay figure. The enterbay figure looks like he could rip your head off at any moment. The hot toys just looks less imposing.

I agree... I haven't received my HT 1/4 Batman yet, but I have a feeling I will still like my EB Batman more than the HT Batman. This isn't because I think HT did a poor job. In fact, from the pics everyone's posted so far, it looks to be the most accurate TDKR Batman we have seen to date. But for me at least, I just favor the BB suit over TDKR. Yes, it's less intricate than the DK suit and some may say it's even boring. But for some reason, in regards to what batman's suit should look like, I think less is actually more. The begins suit just looks darker, more imposing, intimidating and elemental to me. TDKR suit is a little too busy for my taste. It still looks awesome and doesn't look quite tacky (like the "Batman and Robin" George Clooney suit), but it's more "cool" looking than scary. That's why my EB Batman will still PROBABLY be my favorite 1/4 Batman, but I guess I'll know for sure once my HT version arrives. Please hurry up, BBTS!!!

Take a breath and calm down man, it's going to be okay.

Your figure really isn't that bad looking and I am sure there will be a lot of figures that will have similar markings on the suit. That being said I understand you are OCD and you will never accept the figure you have and will buy a new one regardless.

List that sucker on Ebay tonight. Keep the exclusive Cowl and sell Batman as is. Someone will pay what you paid at retail, guaranteed. Get yourself on the wait list for the regular and check BBTS daily. When the regular is released, people will be cancelling left and right. They always do with expensive items like this.

Worst case scenario, you get all of your money back (maybe more) and you don't have this figure. Personally I'd opt for that over having one knowing I paid $500 for it and having these flaws seer into my eyeballs every time I walk by it slowly driving me insane.

:goodpost: Good advice.

Yeah I did on the EB.... That was easy but my concern with this one is if you build up the traps then the neck hole on the suit will widen and not fit snug to the neck post.

Well the mod for this will be a little different than the EB mod. I plan to do the same thing I did on the DX12. I call it the "alternate neck mod". It made a huge difference in improving the look of my DX12 - gives the shoulders a nice slope and shortens the neck a bit. And there's a way to keep it a temporary mod.

No worries about the neck hole widening.

I'll try and post a link tonight...

This is so good. So nice. See, all it takes is futzing. The neck isn't so long and is perfectly wide. Looks fantastic.

Totally agree. Some people keep talking about the neck being too long and the head too small. I'm still not seeing. Its like they are digging now just to find something wrong with it. The only thing I do agree with is the traps being too flat.

This has been my only complaint with this figure (apart from the height being a little short). For those that have it, is there any way to build up this area? Can you stuff some cotton under the suit or something?

Maglor said it's an easy fix. I'm curious to see his method.

I won't be able to unbox the entire figure until tomorrow, but the cowl, face plates, and Bale sculpt are absolutely amazing. Gotta give credit to HT for drastically improving the sculpts in comparison to the prototype.

Well the mod for this will be a little different than the EB mod. I plan to do the same thing I did on the DX12. I call it the "alternate neck mod". It made a huge difference in improving the look of my DX12 - gives the shoulders a nice slope and shortens the neck a bit. And there's a way to keep it a temporary mod.

No worries about the neck hole widening.

I'll try and post a link tonight...

Yeah, the shims, I saw that. I plan to use a short piece of thick audio or video cable to shim around the inside of the neck hole to bring it up...should do the job. I did it on my DX12 & it did help a bit.

I agree... I haven't received my HT 1/4 Batman yet, but I have a feeling I will still like my EB Batman more than the HT Batman. This isn't because I think HT did a poor job. In fact, from the pics everyone's posted so far, it looks to be the most accurate TDKR Batman we have seen to date. But for me at least, I just favor the BB suit over TDKR. Yes, it's less intricate than the DK suit and some may say it's even boring. But for some reason, in regards to what batman's suit should look like, I think less is actually more. The begins suit just looks darker, more imposing, intimidating and elemental to me. TDKR suit is a little too busy for my taste. It still looks awesome and doesn't look quite tacky (like the "Batman and Robin" George Clooney suit), but it's more "cool" looking than scary. That's why my EB Batman will still PROBABLY be my favorite 1/4 Batman, but I guess I'll know for sure once my HT version arrives. Please hurry up, BBTS!!!

Oh man, glad to see someone who think like me ! I'm more impressed by the BB suite. I'm sure TDK is awesome too and i can't wait to get mine but the Batman Begins is moooooreeee iconic, that's my opinion of course :)

This has been my only complaint with this figure (apart from the height being a little short). For those that have it, is there any way to build up this area? Can you stuff some cotton under the suit or something?

Maglor said it's an easy fix. I'm curious to see his method.

Hold on, let me find the link...

Yeah, the shims, I saw that. I plan to use a short piece of thick audio or video cable to shim around the inside of the neck hole to bring it up...should do the job. I did it on my DX12 & it did help a bit.

Made a huge difference on mine. You need to find something the right thickness, but equally import ants heating up the armor so you can flex/slope the traps down toward the deltoids.

Back