Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Links to every photo reviews isn't enough?! :panic: :lol

Didn't even realize; fair enough.:lol As much as I dislike the proto, it's a stark reminder of just how far this figure has come. On that note, the box art has a slight (familiar) smirk, it seems; I wonder if that isn't their cheeky way of paying homage to what came before.:lol

I really hope they ordered too many EX Batmans so I get my exclusive version from the waitlist.

Jingobell:

bf5feb0fgw1e8qj6k85m3j20xc1aq4j4.jpg

Here's a pic of the abs , mines came like this I didn't even need to futz this , I do see many pics with the straps showing too much.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Desisandy, I recall you also have EB bats right? Could you also took pictures two of them side by side without the base if you have the time? :wave

Didn't even realize; fair enough.:lol As much as I dislike the proto, it's a stark reminder of just how far this figure has come. On that note, the box art has a slight (familiar) smirk, it seems; I wonder if that isn't their cheeky way of paying homage to what came before.:lol

:lol

It really has come a long way. I'll add some new photos on the 1st post later when I get home. My Note 2 android phone can't handle such things..

After looking at desisandy's pic, now i want 2 or maybe even 3 of these to use all 3 mouthplates. :duh

I want two as well, want to get my hands on an early release of the exclusive version but the prices are way too high on evilbay... :(

Jingobell:

bf5feb0fgw1e8qj6k85m3j20xc1aq4j4.jpg

Nice! Do you know if Jingobell has a complete set of photos that I could add a link to on the 1st post?

When they announce prototype photos of the 1/12 Batman figure we should just BOMBARD them with edits and posts saying "you really need to fix this" and then have the best 1/12 batman figure ever made.

After all if it wasn't for edits and posts like that the QS001 could've sucked and I would never have ordered it.

After looking at desisandy's pic, now i want 2 or maybe even 3 of these to use all 3 mouthplates. :duh
Only thing is certain elements of the Dx12 is carried forward to the QS001 .like the oddly shape head of the cowl, that flat bit at the back side argghhhh from some angle ruins the look, too bad HT,s not rectified and the neck attachment can look funny certain angles, but over all I like this piece feels really good quality . Am glad u like the pose with the cape thanks .:hi5: but I kinda want two of this too :lol want the HK base jump look with the bale sculpt, batman caped look. :lol
Desisandy, I recall you also have EB bats right? Could you also took pictures two of them side by side without the base if you have the time? :wave
Sorry nightsurf I do have the EB batman but I don't have it with me here. I shipped it back to UK.:lol

Only thing is certain elements of the Dx12 is carried forward to the QS001 .like the oddly shape head of the cowl, that flat bit at the back side argghhhh from some angle ruins the look, too bad HT,s not rectified and the neck attachment can look funny certain angles, but over all I like this piece feels really good quality . Am glad u like the pose with the cape thanks .:hi5: but I kinda want two of this too :lol want the HK base jump look with the bale sculpt, batman caped look. :lol

Sorry nightsurf I do have the EB batman but I don't have it with me here. I shipped it back to UK.:lol

That's too bad:monkey2
by the way do you know who did the sculpt & paint job for this piece?

I know some people won't want to mod it because they feel they shouldn't have to for th eprice they paid

But personally i'll be cutting the gloves down, most probably painting the eyelids black and if the neck is put together the same as the DX12s i'll lower the neck too

I won't be modding this.
You can get away with some stuff on 1/6 that will look crude on 1/4.
And this doesn't look like it needs much doing to it.

Mind blowing efforts from BOTH companies compared to the toys I had as a kid in the 80's. I think both likenesses capture Christian Bale very well, and both have flaws. I think HT gets the edge because of their paint jobs. Enterbay, to their credit, seems to have captured the subtle nuances of Bale's features but its always looked anemic to me. Not to say HT didn't nail it, but they seem to have slightly over-exaggerated Bale's chin area. Reminds me of a young Travolta in some pics/angles.

I pre-ordered HT's version. Too afraid to buy Enterbay because of their spotty QC. I've read too many nightmare stories about them. Sideshow makes it too easy to buy HT with flexpay and decent customer service... No-brainer for me.

Who got it closer . A little bit different angles but HT does look a little closer to me.

Mind blowing efforts from BOTH companies compared to the toys I had as a kid in the 80's. I think both likenesses capture Christian Bale very well, and both have flaws. I think HT gets the edge because of their paint jobs. Enterbay, to their credit, seems to have captured the subtle nuances of Bale's features but its always looked anemic to me. Not to say HT didn't nail it, but they seem to have slightly over-exaggerated Bale's chin area. Reminds me of a young Travolta in some pics/angles.

I pre-ordered HT's version. Too afraid to buy Enterbay because of their spotty QC. I've read too many nightmare stories about them. Sideshow makes it too easy to buy HT with flexpay and decent customer service... No-brainer for me.

You just pre order thus sideshow? Thought they were sold out.

That's what's great about the figure, it looks like a heavily modded dx12 in 1/4 scale.
The dx12 needed a lot of mods cause without cutting the gloves, it kinda has a semi monkey arm length, then of course, PERS eyes on 1/6 scale looked unnatural therefore needed the eyelid paint to hide it, and also, the head scratching decision to release the goofy mouthpieces. I hate every single mouthpiece on the dx12. fortunately, Robbie saved the day with his mouthpiece mod.

Hot toys took their time with this 1/4, this is what the stock dx12 should have looked like.

The only mod I think this could use is the cape.
I think a velvet cape from lforigno or tony meis' will look sick!

That's what's great about the figure, it looks like a heavily modded dx12 in 1/4 scale.
The dx12 needed a lot of mods cause without cutting the gloves, it kinda has a semi monkey arm length, then of course, PERS eyes on 1/6 scale looked unnatural therefore needed the eyelid paint to hide it, and also, the head scratching decision to release the goofy mouthpieces. I hate every single mouthpiece on the dx12. fortunately, Robbie saved the day with his mouthpiece mod.

Hot toys took their time with this 1/4, this is what the stock dx12 should have looked like.

The only mod I think this could use is the cape.
I think a velvet cape from lforigno or tony meis' will look sick!

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

I still believe the eyes are a bit too big or for a better word not squinty enough hence the painting of the eyes, plus personally i don't like the pinky bit with painted eyelashes looks better just all black

Most people cut the gloves for accuracy and the neck is a bit too long still. You can see the cowl + neck have been carried over from the DX12.

In fact the neck seem to be the biggest thing now and if the neck mod on this is as easy as the one on the DX12 then i have no quarrels doing it, considering it's a reversible mod

Back