Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman - Full Reveal

I agree overall this figure beats EB's, but I gotta stick with the likeness being better on the other one. Neither are perfect, but EB's looks more like a real person to me.

And even though I'm sure HT will cover the BB suit in 1/4th eventually, this and the EB one are very nice counterparts to each other

7xwplc2p.jpg

Agreed, painfully tempting

If I bought this one I would skip the DX12 I think....of course it would mean not having a TDK Batman to stand behind interrogation room Joker, dammit!!! :slap

EB's looks like it has Ectodermal Dysplasia :lol:

The eyes are weird on both of them - cover the eyes with your finger and they're both pretty damn good

Now way I'm ditching the 1/6. That's still the best scale for collectibles. I'll just have both. :lecture

What I don't like about this new style of Hot Toys sculpts is that they make everyone look like perfect beings and it ends up removing a lot of their more dominant features. The RDJ for Mark 7 is a perfect example, but it is the same with this 1/4 Bale too. It just looks like a glorified Bale. He has a unique look to him. If the EB one had bigger eyes it would be perfect. Even for glaring I think they are a tad bit small.

If I bought this one I would skip the DX12 I think....of course it would mean not having a TDK Batman to stand behind interrogation room Joker, dammit!!! :slap

This would have to be a solo figure as it just wouldn't go alongside anything else. And the space issue :confused: :gah:

My hopes for this figure:
-Interchangable faces
-PERS
-Bruce Wayne head
-Empty cowl
-Backpack
-Metal accessories
-more accuracy than the DX 12
-LED lit sonar cowl

Of those, I think that well get the metal accessories, the Wayne head, the multiple faces, and the higher accuracy. I really, really hope that we get PERS and an empty cowl. I know that the others are long-shots, but if they're going to include things like the sticky bomb gun, it'd be cool if they just went all out and included his Hong Kong/final battle gear as well. If they really wanted to get ambitious, they could include another cowled head with the smashed in mask.

Thank you, HT! Thank you so very, very much. If I may say so, I do believe that you've created the definitive Christopher Nolan Batman.

There's something very unsettling about this, like my whole world of collecting 1/6 has been turned upside down..

Now way I'm ditching the 1/6. That's still the best scale for collectibles. I'll just have both. :lecture

There's something very unsettling about this, like my whole world of collecting 1/6 has been turned upside down..

I've got a strange feeling like this is a historic moment where a jump in evolution takes place.

Like VHS to DVD

HT completely owned them om the Bale sculpt IMO. But unfair to compare the rest. IMO Enterbay have made the best Batman Begins suit evah and HT have now made the best TDK suit evah.

Both will be gracing my shelves :yess:

I'm keeping the DX12 as I genuinely need a batpod and i'm not getting catwoman.

Probably the best period of collecting evah.

Back