Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but you have two of them? Did either of them have any defects? Another thing making me hesitant to pay a lot is the fact that they're old and I wasn't sure of HT quality back then, particularly with body joints and stuff.

Really wish the 2.0 came with a non-smiling head also, that would also make this decision easier. :slap

Older Hot Toys joints can be weak, but these figures have clothing that are much easier to remove and redress than a lot of current figures - so swapping out a body (or body parts) isn't difficult at all.

Beyond that, I don't recall any major defects or QC issues with this guy (I own two and was around when he came out). Back then, Hot Toys QC was actually good.

Also, the box art is actually my favorite of all the Hot Toys Batman releases.

Older Hot Toys joints can be weak, but these figures have clothing that are much easier to remove and redress than a lot of current figures - so swapping out a body (or body parts) isn't difficult at all.

Beyond that, I don't recall any major defects or QC issues with this guy (I own two and was around when he came out). Back then, Hot Toys QC was actually good.

Also, the box art is actually my favorite of all the Hot Toys Batman releases.
Thanks! Glad to hear that about the clothes, I was really hoping they wouldn't be impossible to remove safely. If I got it, I was going to buy spare bodies anyway to use for the second headsculpt, so I think I could manage those fixes you mentioned, maybe with some help form these forums. :)

And I agree about the box art, it's amazing! I was staring at pictures of it recently just admiring all the little details. :)

Thanks again! :wave

Hope you don't mind my asking, but you have two of them? Did either of them have any defects? Another thing making me hesitant to pay a lot is the fact that they're old and I wasn't sure of HT quality back then, particularly with body joints and stuff.

Really wish the 2.0 came with a non-smiling head also, that would also make this decision easier. :slap

no, i just have the different two heads on two bodies. my non-slicked head has an unusual paint job (i posted it a few pages back ~ he's just messy-looking, but i like him). and the original body has a "trick" knee that tends to make him sag to the right a little (his posture is kinda skeezy). i don't trust him not to shelf-dive and i understand that broken or weird knees was a fairly common problem with this release.

i bought mine sealed mint last summer, so he came with the "issues" i describe above ~ neither of which, i feel, detracts from him at all.

i never can entirely decide which of my jokers i love the best.

: D

no, i just have the different two heads on two bodies. my non-slicked head has an unusual paint job (i posted it a few pages back ~ he's just messy-looking, but i like him). and the original body has a "trick" knee that tends to make him sag to the right a little (his posture is kinda skeezy). i don't trust him not to shelf-dive and i understand that broken or weird knees was a fairly common problem with this release.

i bought mine sealed mint last summer, so he came with the "issues" i describe above ~ neither of which, i feel, detracts from him at all.

i never can entirely decide which of my jokers i love the best.

: D
Thanks! Ah I see, that's what I planned to do, have the spare head on another body, it's almost like two figures in one. :) I think I saw a pic of your unusual paint, I thought it was cool to have something unique that still looked just as good. :)

I'll be prepared for knee issues then if I buy it mint, I wasn't really aware of that (I do remember hearing that about Two-Face).

Thank you! :wave

Last edited:
Ok fellas i thought very hard about this one . Since gtting my DX11 , i am using the laughing head in my interrogation setup , so my BankRobbr head was free .

I have a Nurse Joker in the works , the 2.0 Version . I had a Nurse Joker but sold it last year .

I cut the neck of so it fits onto the ACI Medium Christian Body
Did a complete repaint on the head including the hair because the hair was kah kah green.

I may still darken up and touch up the black

bankrobberjokerrepaintc.jpg

bankrobberjokerrepaintcv.jpg

Ok so heres a bash I just put together with the headplay bank robber set. Jacket was a pain in the @$$ because of the inner liner, i had to cut it out to get the arms though:gah: The set is nice aside from that, however the gun is lame, solid molded and cheaply done. Heres a few rushed pics.

bankrobberjoker021_zps914c6845.jpg

bankrobberjoker022_zpsd2052f4c.jpg

bankrobberjoker023_zpsc0052752.jpg

bankrobberjoker024_zps0b5652cb.jpg

bankrobberjoker025_zps1b884505.jpg

bankrobberjoker026_zps2c235c24.jpg

bankrobberjoker027_zpsac63aa55.jpg

bankrobberjoker029_zps4a7081fe.jpg

Badassssssssssssss brother , score !!!!BR Joker for about $130 :yess: Great success :hi5:

Mask looks a tad big IMO , maybe lens distortion :dunno

Shoes and suit looks fantastic

Mask looks a tad big IMO , maybe lens distortion :dunno

Lol, I'm pretty certain that 98% of the people who use the phrase "lens distortion" around here don't actually know what that is.

The mask is too big, it's not the Hot Toys mask (and so isn't meant for Hot Toys proportions).

The mask maybe to big but the head makes it worse due to the hair sticking out as much as it does on the laughing head. I just put it together quick tonight as I just got it, I will fuzt with it over the weekend.

Back