Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a dumb question, but what does everyone think the chances are of them making a 2.0 of this? I am tempted to get it even though I'm getting the Joker 2.0, but I'd hate to see a new version come out right after.

I suppose this one will always be unique in terms of sculpt etc. either way, but I was just curious what you all thought. :)

I have my doubts. It definitely wouldn't be anytime soon since they have 8500 Iron Man figures to release. :slap

Seriously get this guy if you can for under $400. He's an amazing piece.

:lol That's a good point. I only buy new off ebay, and I see one for about $380 which is more than I ever payed for a figure, or I could try to bid on one (never did the bidding process). Thanks for your thoughts, I need people to convince me to go through with this! :)

Thanks for the opinions, it really makes me wish I got this thing sooner. :lol

Does this look like a legitimate seller/listing to you guys? This seller also has the Two-Face and SWAT Gordon up. He has good ratings, and describes all as sealed with the original tape.

You think it'd be fine to buy from here? It's so expensive ($380), but I can't find any cheaper listings for a MISB one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-m...9402?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232960686a

Or do you think I'd be a moron paying that much for it. :slap

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions, it really makes me wish I got this thing sooner. :lol

Does this look like a legitimate seller/listing to you guys? This seller also has the Two-Face and SWAT Gordon up. He has good ratings, and describes all as sealed with the original tape.

You think it'd be fine to buy from here? It's so expensive ($380), but I can't find any cheaper listings for a MISB one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-m...9402?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232960686a

Or do you think I'd be a moron paying that much for it. :slap

Have you checked the sales thread here? That's where I got mine. I still see him for sale periodically for $350. Not sealed usually but mint according to description.

Have you checked the sales thread here? That's where I got mine. I still see him for sale periodically for $350. Not sealed usually but mint according to description.
I've always been nervous about buying directly from a person, without an official company handling the transaction itself like ebay. Just heard too many horror stories. :( But I guess I can just look for the people with good review scores, I suppose that's not so different from ebay in the end. I didn't realize you bought yours that way, I'll give it a look, thanks for the suggestion. :)

I've always been nervous about buying directly from a person, without an official company handling the transaction itself like ebay. Just heard too many horror stories. :( But I guess I can just look for the people with good review scores, I suppose that's not so different from ebay in the end. I didn't realize you bought yours that way, I'll give it a look, thanks for the suggestion. :)

No problem. It's better than eBay IMO. All sellers I've dealt with here have been great. You're also helping them out by letting them avoid evil bay fees so often you'll see much more reasonable prices here. Trust me, I unfortunately just sold some of my pieces on evilbay and got murdered on fees. Just read up on their feedback and make sure you pay through PayPal so you are protected. :duff

Don't be. I have numerous pieces in my collection from this forum. You'll also come across some great deals. I love it that this place has the commerce section. Not to mention that I've been able to offload some things and hook some Freaks out. :)

I've sold and bought a ton of stuff with only 1 incident that quickly got refunded. You can also check out the feedback thread where many of us have additional feedback from before they implemented the itrader feedback system.

Thanks a bunch guys, to everyone who replied to me, I'm always surprised by the great help and advice I get when I post questions like this. :)

You're all convincing me that it isn't such a risk. I'm going to try to figure out my budget, and if everything works out I might try to buy from a fellow Freak. :)

i confess to getting a little (maybe a lot) sidetracked by the 2.0, but then i see my bank robber jokers (sitting there, probably plotting against me), and i fall in love with them all over again.

they are a lovely pair ~ well worth the $200 if they're in good shape.

For $200 this is a semi decent figure, but at $400, I think you should prolly wait. Just get the asmus as a placeholder.
I've been seeing that Asmus set, it does look pretty nice for the price. Maybe you're right, it's just those headsculpts look nice to me (I really like the slicked back hair one), and I wanted a non-PERS Joker head. The 2.0 does look amazing of course, it's just the no-PERS look is kinda unique, and I'm not sure they'll ever do it again for Joker. But yeah, the money is almost like buying a PS4. :lol Everyone says $200 is a great price, I doubt I'll find an unopened one for that much! This is what I get for missing out the first time. :p

Thanks very much for your opinions, I'll think about it a bit more before deciding.

Last edited:
i confess to getting a little (maybe a lot) sidetracked by the 2.0, but then i see my bank robber jokers (sitting there, probably plotting against me), and i fall in love with them all over again.

they are a lovely pair ~ well worth the $200 if they're in good shape.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but you have two of them? Did either of them have any defects? Another thing making me hesitant to pay a lot is the fact that they're old and I wasn't sure of HT quality back then, particularly with body joints and stuff.

Really wish the 2.0 came with a non-smiling head also, that would also make this decision easier. :slap

Back