Hot Toys T-1000 Coming Soon...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif

Good gif choice. :lol

Well, Hot Toys has never been one to bend over backwards for the purpose of screen accuracy. I recall the T-700(?) Endo from Salvation that had some weird texture that we never saw in the film. And their Predators and Aliens have had numerous issues that NECA fan Selektiv would happily point out if he weren't banned about 15,000 times. So. . .it's quite possible that a "Genisys" Endo would looks as much like the classic ones as the new one.

:lol

The alternative scenario is that this is the one they ****ing nail 100%. That would frustrate me quite a bit.

Yeah wasn't Marcus Whatshisname one of their greatest sculpts ever, even to this day?
Yeah, but in fairness, I think his head was shaped like a perfect square, and he had the most generic face of any human ever. HT didn't have to do much to get that right.

Sam Worthington has been replaced by Jai Courtney.... And his Reese will be perfect.
He really has replaced Worthington as the go-to, generic meathead actor for this year. We'll probably see multiple HT figures just like we did with Worthington, and then he'll fade into obscurity, never to be seen or heard from again.

Yeah, but in fairness, I think his head was shaped like a perfect square, and he had the most generic face of any human ever. HT didn't have to do much to get that right.

Minecraft the Live-Action Movie! Starring Sam Worthington.

He really has replaced Worthington as the go-to, generic meathead actor for this year.

So bizarre. Imagine if that was how they cast films in the 80's. Thomas Wilson (Biff Tannen) would have been Hicks, Alex Murphy, John McClane, etc.

Well, one difference is that nowadays, all movies are remakes, reboots, or reimaginings (Worthington was in the Clash of the Titans remake, and Dances with Wolves reboot, etc.). I think producers naturally get more lazy than they did in the '80s in casting these useless slabs of meat. But maybe I'm just wearing my rose tinted glasses for the '80s!

Well, one difference is that nowadays, all movies are remakes, reboots, or reimaginings (Worthington was in the Clash of the Titans remake, and Dances with Wolves reboot, etc.). I think producers naturally get more lazy than they did in the '80s in casting these useless slabs of meat. But maybe I'm just wearing my rose tinted glasses for the '80s!

Dances with Wolves reboot, lol. That one took me a second.

There's little doubt in my mind it'll be the Lee Byung-Hun T-1000. He was pretty good in the film so this will be a temptation.

The Robert Patrick version could do with a new attempt at the likeness IMO and some more human-sized hands.

I keep meaning to pick up an extra T-1000 body for my Everlong video bash.

I think the T-1000 was pretty forgettable in the film though because it was more focussed on John later on.

Personally it makes no sense why the T-1000 looked different, however the T-800 was still the same. Even though it was a different timeline to T1 and T2, if the T-800 looked the same, so should the T-1000. Would have been good if they could have done a CGI version of Robert Patrick considering they did it as young Arnold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if they made the T-1000 look the same, then why not Sarah and Kyle? Hell, going by that logic even the punks should look the same. :lol

They used the "skin aging" plot device as an excuse for Arnolds age, I doubt the same could be done for other characters, hence why they were recast.

Of course they can't do it for the human characters, but the T-1000 is not a human character.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well the changed Asian T-1000 is actually much more believable then the T-800 because the T-1000 can take the form of anyone he kills so who knows maybe he killed an Asian cop and just stuck with that look whereas the T-800 is factory built to look like arnie.

Well the changed Asian T-1000 is actually much more believable then the T-800 because the T-1000 can take the form of anyone he kills so who knows maybe he killed an Asian cop and just stuck with that look whereas the T-800 is factory built to look like arnie.

This. Or it could be his default appearance and he is simply a different T-1000 - just as there are different models of T-800 according to T1.

Back