Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This from the Hot Toys Facebook page:

Our dear fans, this Winter Hot Toys will be bringing you surprise from the highly anticipated SUPERMAN (1978) movie license! Long-awaited by fans from all over the world, we’ll launch the first-of-his kind 1/6th scale collectible figure of this American superhero acted by notable artist Christopher Reeve!

Announcing this together is another great news, also much expected by our fans! We now proudly announce our new Korean extraordinary artist Mr Arnie Kim to join the Hot Toys family! Taking the lead is the long-awaiting SUPERMAN project! We hope this unprecedented project and collaboration will bring to fans great excitement and anticipation! More exciting projects with outstanding characters will be coming soon! So please stay tuned with us for update!

47090_424606297343_58690437343_5319683_6297286_n.jpg

this would be the holy grail of all superman figures...

i'm so amazed how this thread goes for 200 plus pages and until now there's no proto pics... and to think that they are announcing more figs to come... i hope hot toys will show the pics and this thread will be crazy!

Whats odd to me is not so much that nothing has been shown, but that no comment has been made by HT regarding it. I mean, they must know so many people are waiting - why not make a statement, ANY statement about where they stand on this?

Do we have any reason to think a sculpt of this even exists yet? (sorry I just follow this off and on)

The lack of any pics or info at all since the intial announcement makes me think there may be some behind the scenes license approval issues going on. You don't just go silent running on a project this big for this long without there being a monkey in the wrench.

I think the reason, or one of the main reasons this is taking so long is that HT is making a specially designed body. Taller, more CR evocative and that takes time to get right and mass produce.

As some may recall, HT designed a special body for the Routh figure too, but again, this would be taller, maybe 12.5 inches as Chris was 6' 4 at least.

hope thats the case, but at the same time making him so exclusive probably will elevate the costs right? i wouldn't mind paying an extra 50.00 for this figure........ this is a most have!

Hey here is the new Hot Toy announcement!
:slap
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:gah:

But i have to admit this looks very real! hope Arnie Kim can reach this quality..................... or not:dunno

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm not that much of a "Pirates" fan but that would look really cool on a shelf.

I'm going from memory but didn't this used to be a Superman thread? Perhaps I'm loosing my memory. They say it's the first thing to go.

Don't be selfish. Pass them out! I want what these guys are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back