Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOTTOMS UP! .. UP!! .. UP!!! HOLD IT

Superman3_Bar.jpg

one of the reasons i wasn't particularly fond of their color choice, reminded me too much of Evil Superman

My guess is licensing approvals are the cause of the delay, and potentially development of a new body for it may also be holding it up

I agree. I don't think the head sculpt would be an issue. Or tailoring of an outfit and any other toy related thing, except for the body type for this particular figure or the licensing loop holes/jump rope HT may have to go through.

My guess is licensing approvals are the cause of the delay, and potentially development of a new body for it may also be holding it up

I'd guess it's HS revisions. He'll look fine on a TTA with a sculpted neck, both of which, are already available and just need to be combined. And licensing approval for the sculpt would've already happened given how long this has been announced. Look how fast the turnaround for the Matty was.

Yep Matty is pure crap, hey i would like to see this someday!.....

attachment.php

Hot Toys is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Mattel Reeve is good not great but at least I actually have that figure Unlike this one. Bad business to say you will be releasing something and never explaining why you missed the date. They really need to make a statement sooner then later. There is no excuse in the world why they haven't done so yet.

yep your right, do you think they're doing this to secure more sales on this figure? you know, put us on a desperate mode to take advantage of our wallets?
i dont think is necessary since this guy will sell in a second, my instincts tells me that the sculpt was bad, and Arnie didn't lived up to the hype, and Kojun is in charge, but then again Mr Reeve is a very difficult piece to sculpt many sculptors including BobbyC, had problems getting it done.........imaging doing this at 1/6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back