Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or does this Sculpt remind you of Kristi Swanson in Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
115924a8af4b5e89523863263ee0e3e0.jpg

b2e7fb429f0bc9778609d1347110dbda.jpg

c0667aaa32ca8f155858480b5eecf885.jpg

99.9% of the time delays are about approvals and licensing. Some are easier to get done, some aren't. And even when its approved, the process of production is long and expensive. The world changes and things become more expensive. Its not easy.

And 99.9% of them to me come out amazing. The older classics are niche properties, and they do their best to make some of them while trying to keep up with the current films.

You're giving them waaaaay too much credit I think. Almost come off as apologetic as good ole' Motux!

If anything, Hot Toys' success rate in both of those areas is no better than a condom. Sure they appear to be working for most people, but for a lot of us? That **** just keeps breaking.

Is it me or does this Sculpt remind you of Kristi Swanson in Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Personally?

It reminds me of a bit of a geisha Christian Slater*.

IMG_5492.JPG
IMG_5493.JPG

You_Doodle_2017-01-19T20_01_37Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-19T19_54_44Z.jpg

*disclosure, he's totally squinting in that bottom pic. So don't tell me the eyes don't match up.

Last edited:
This movie was a total waste. Harley was probably the only good thing. What I am amazed is that people are buying Letto jokers as that's why ht is confidently producing more crap.
In any case:
1) I think price is not high - remember we got Selena with one mask and gun for 190 4 years ago. This one at least has some accessory and a backdrop.
2) with any expression even a slight smile the sculpt gets open to debate. Hence ht usually avoids and throws a neutral expression in. The sculpt does look like her but the upper lip seems a bit off. Having said that will need some more convincing to buy this. What I refuse to spend on though are the jokers from this film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She can go right next to SS BeetleJuice as most over priced figure.....at least the sculpt passable....

This movie was a total waste. Harley was probably the only good thing. What I am amazed is that people are buying Letto jokers as that's why ht is confidently producing more crap.
In any case:
1) I think price is not high - remember we got Selena with one mask and gun for 190 4 years ago. This one at least has some accessory and a backdrop.
2) with any expression even a slight smile the sculpt gets open to debate. Hence ht usually avoids and throws a neutral expression in. The sculpt does look like her but the upper lip seems a bit off. Having said that will need some more convincing to buy this. What I refuse to spend on though are the jokers from this film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you in the topic about figure from movie you didn't like, again?

Just noticed Collectibles Direct have put this up for pre-order at £240 :horror

I'm not even interested in buying this but that price alarms me. Will that be the going rate with UK retailers for bare bones figures from now on? Close to £300 with a few accessories?
I'm plenty dumb enough to keep buying at these prices, but nonetheless its depressing I'll have to be far more selective in what I can and can't buy.

You're giving them waaaaay too much credit I think. Almost come off as apologetic as good ole' Motux!

If anything, Hot Toys' success rate in both of those areas is no better than a condom. Sure they appear to be working for most people, but for a lot of us? That **** just keeps breaking.

ill heavily disagree. why? because most figures sell out. if people hated the figures so much they wouldnt sell out. the complainers are in the minority its just social media and forums like this tend to highlight them because people like to complain on them more than anything. and there are tons of other forums besides Freaks that talk about HTs.

There are some who will always be grumpy no matter what, but the happy customers outweigh those, and by a lot.

Last edited:
head sculpt looks like she is constipated .................................
next ............stripper version.................

The more I look at it, the more I like it. I went from 0 interest to I wouldn't mind having it. It was a cute scene in the movie

Lot of people seem to dislike this one, I'm not one of those people. I mean, after rewatching the movie wasn't the worst thing ever. Plus, I'd rather get toys like this than another Iron Man suit. Those I'm over. Still, if that is someone's thing, who am I to pass judgement on them? Had this toy been sub-$200 I think I would have picked it up.

It's on KG Hobby for £163. If it gets through customs unscathed that's a huge discount. BUT I notice on both this figure and the Arkham Joker they stipulate:
"Please note that we do not ship this HOT TOYS to United Kingdom". :gah: Doesn't effect me this time but I hope this doesn't apply to all future HT figures I might want.

I just worked out the UK retailer price for this works out at $296! So US buyers feeling ripped off, you still have it better than most of us. :lol

ill heavily disagree. why? because most figures sell out. if people hated the figures so much they wouldnt sell out. the complainers are in the minority its just social media and forums like this tend to highlight them because people like to complain on them more than anything. and there are tons of other forums besides Freaks that talk about HTs.

There are some who will always be grumpy no matter what, but the happy customers outweigh those, and by a lot.

Didn't say anything about a majority or minority. A condom is 98% effective. I said Hot Toys was no better, so whereabouts 98%. :lol

My point was, not every one here is as happy as you are about Hot Toys. Go to a non-Star Wars or Marvel thread and not everyone is drinking the koolaid. Whether they're a majority or minority, it doesn't matter. People aren't going to shut them up or negate their opinion. As far as I'm concerned, there is more to criticize Hot Toys and Sideshow for than there is to praise.

Didn't say anything about a majority or minority. A condom is 98% effective. I said Hot Toys was no better, so whereabouts 98%. :lol

My point was, not every one here is as happy as you are about Hot Toys. Go to a non-Star Wars or Marvel thread and not everyone is drinking the koolaid. Whether they're a majority or minority, it doesn't matter. People aren't going to shut them up or negate their opinion. As far as I'm concerned, there is more to criticize Hot Toys and Sideshow for than there is to praise.

I'm pretty sure nobody thought your condom analogy was clever, if you don't like the figure move on from the thread.

Amazing how a few small reworks can change a sculpt infinitely for the better

Especially when you edit it together with an actual photo the actress.

They edited in her actual eyes. Of course that is going to improve the likeness.

The amount of whining on these boards will never end.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

And nobody is doing what Hot Toys is doing for the price. Sideshow prices are on par with Hot Toys, but don't even begin to match the typical quality or amount of accessories. Blitzway is doing nice work, but those new Ghostbusters figures cost the same as the average Hot Toys figure.

This is an expensive hobby and it's entirely optional. Nobody has to buy anything.

But I also don't see anyone else doing near this quality of work for less money.

Last edited:

I would say most current Batman figures are pretty highly praised. the BvS line everyone seems to say they are figures of the year.
People love to complain but in the end they still buy them. And if they don't, there is always someone on the Waitlist that will.

Back