Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big difference between between trolling, complaining for the sake of it and constructive criticism. Surely you aren't saying people should only post on this thread if they like the figure? Hot Toys do great work, I wouldn't keep spending hundreds of pounds on them if they didn't, but it doesn't mean they are perfect.

Not suggesting for a moment that Hot Toys look at this forum but negative feedback is as important as positive feedback. If they just surround themselves with yes men things will go downhill fast.

No one is losing sleep over action figures but as customers we surely have the right disagree with some of decisions HT make. It's not a police state :lol

I'm happy that HT made a figure of this version of Harley and think it looks cool, but the lineup is in need of some Boomerang and Pinky.

OG jester Harley would be rad, too.

Not suggesting for a moment that Hot Toys look at this forum but negative feedback is as important as positive feedback. If they just surround themselves with yes men things will go downhill fast.

Agreed. This is one of several reasons why I prefer Shartimus Prime over Optibotimus when it comes to Youtube reviews.

Blitzway is doing nice work, but those new Ghostbusters figures cost the same as the average Hot Toys figure.

I preordered the Ghostbusters for under $200 each including shipping. The last HT I got for that price was Coulson in 2012.

Big difference between between trolling, complaining for the sake of it and constructive criticism. Surely you aren't saying people should only post on this thread if they like the figure? Hot Toys do great work, I wouldn't keep spending hundreds of pounds on them if they didn't, but it doesn't mean they are perfect.

No one is losing sleep over action figures but as customers we surely have the right disagree with some of decisions HT make. It's not a police state :lol

criticism of a figure is fine, there may be times it can help companies. its when people start saying HTs or SSC are going out of business because they make a Harley instead of a Kyle Reese or some niche figure i think is a bit over the top. I am a "Yes" person to their product as I want them to succeed and keep making great figures. Thats why i have no anger towards a figure if i dont like it. Do i love every figure they do? No. 1/2 of them i have no interest in buying. And the ones i have no interest, i don't bother with the threads which is mainly Marvel. But I appreciate their talent and respect what they do.

People are allowed to think whatever they want. Me? I think this focus on Suicide Squad ****ing sucks. Why? Because I think Suicide Squad ****ing sucks, just as I think Señor douchenoodle with the "damaged" forehead tattoo and cheap grills, you guessed it: ****ing sucked. And you know what? I'm going to make that known, because it's how I feel, and I encourage anyone who likes the movie or the figures to do the same, because that's the beauty of having an opinion.

So, yeah. If I think that Belle Reeve Barbie with her pink slippers and copy of 50 Shades of Grey is a ****ing waste of a figure (which I don't believe I'm alone in thinking), at the very least, compared to some of the other figures they could have made or have in their backlog, I'm going to say it. If this forum limited discussions to only praise for a certain topic, the Batman V Superman thread would probably be, like, 10 pages.:lol

People are allowed to think whatever they want. Me? I think this focus on Suicide Squad ****ing sucks. Why? Because I think Suicide Squad ****ing sucks, just as I think Señor douchenoodle with the "damaged" forehead tattoo and cheap grills, you guessed it: ****ing sucked. And you know what? I'm going to make that known, because it's how I feel, and I encourage anyone who likes the movie or the figures to do the same, because that's the beauty of having an opinion.

So, yeah. If I think that Belle Reeve Barbie with her pink slippers and copy of 50 Shades of Grey is a ****ing waste of a figure (which I don't believe I'm alone in thinking), at the very least, compared to some of the other figures they could have made or have in their backlog, I'm going to say it. If this forum limited discussions to only praise for a certain topic, the Batman V Superman thread would probably be, like, 10 pages.:lol

No one legitimately cares what you think about a particular movie on the internet, youre better off telling in actual life friends if you have any. that goes for disliking and liking something, but especially on a figure forum. Every time a new figure comes out for suicide squad, I dont need to read you hated it, i literally couldnt give a shi* less. It also doesnt matter if its a waste of a figure because guess what, here it is and available for preorder. If you actually want to make a difference, dont preorder. I guarantee if no preorders come in for this figure, they will just drop it entirely. This shi* really isnt that difficult.

tenor.gif

"I don't like what you have to say so you shouldn't say it" people are the worst, especially on a discussion forum. :lol

All I can say is this: If [speaking in general] you think that raging about this figure here on SSF is going to get HT to drop what they're doing, say "Gosh dang it, he's right! Let's cancel this, and get on BR Pfeiffer Catwoman, STAT!" then go on with your bad selves.

See, people do this 100,000 times *every time* HT has a new release, but they do it in a much more visible forum: Facebook. Every. Last. Figure. they release, is dragged on FB with the possible exception of Loki v1.0. PEOPLE HATE EVERYTHING OUT THERE. And they are EXTREMELY vocal about it.

And yet HT keeps on doing what they do, like they always do. If you think they view forumites as avatars of taste, I'd be willing to bet you're very sadly mistaken.

Whatevs. I am now considering ordering this figure out of sheer spite. :lol

criticism of a figure is fine, there may be times it can help companies. its when people start saying HTs or SSC are going out of business because they make a Harley instead of a Kyle Reese or some niche figure i think is a bit over the top. I am a "Yes" person to their product as I want them to succeed and keep making great figures. Thats why i have no anger towards a figure if i dont like it. Do i love every figure they do? No. 1/2 of them i have no interest in buying. And the ones i have no interest, i don't bother with the threads which is mainly Marvel. But I appreciate their talent and respect what they do.

The BVS Batfleck improved lots between prototype and release, they listened to fans and bar a few nitpicks delivered a fantastic figure. Hopefully they listen to feedback from this about the sculpt in particular. I would never expect perfection and no one should.

Don't think I've seen anyone say HT will be going out of business. They are obviously raking it in with these Star Wars, Marvel and DC lines. I'll be sending more money their way when the JL figures go up for pre-order. :lol

Don't mistake disappointment for anger. It's just a hobby afterall. I do think they could have easily made Reese, Romero Joker, Returns Catwoman etc instead of one of the Leto variants or endless Iron Man figures. If they don't care for the niche lines they should let them go and other companies like Blitzway would make those figures. Sitting on them just to tease stuff that never gets released seems like bad form.

Don't mistake disappointment for anger. It's just a hobby afterall. I do think they could have easily made Reese, Romero Joker, Returns Catwoman etc instead of one of the Leto variants or endless Iron Man figures. If they don't care for the niche lines they should let them go and other companies like Blitzway would make those figures. Sitting on them just to tease stuff that never gets released seems like bad form.

They are not jumping on these older lines right now, because people have waited YEARS for those figures and guess what, love it or hate it WE WILL WAIT FOREVER and they know it. That market is a sure thing. They'll get around to it when they get around to it.

They are capitalizing on newer, less-classic lines now, to cash in while that cash is hot. They don't give a damn if we like this strategy or not, they've been really specific about it.

You'd think it would've eutemia-i.italic.png their reputation by now.

It's just a bit annoying when you've been waiting years for a figure from one of your favorite movies, only for a SS Harley wearing an outfit she wore for a minute at most to be made instead. I don't see how it's unreasonable to wonder where a specific figure is at all.

Last edited:

:lol :lol :lol :lol Great post. :lol

All I can say is this: If [speaking in general] you think that raging about this figure here on SSF is going to get HT to drop what they're doing, say "Gosh dang it, he's right! Let's cancel this, and get on BR Pfeiffer Catwoman, STAT!" then go on with your bad selves.

Nobody actually thinks this. :lol They couldn't care less about this board. That won't stop us from saying what we think...

You'd think it would've View attachment 317890 their reputation by now.

:lol

You'd think it would've View attachment 317890 their reputation by now.

It's just a bit annoying when you've been waiting years for a figure from one of your favorite movies, only for a SS Harley wearing an outfit she wore for a minute at most to be made instead. I don't see how it's unreasonable to wonder where a specific figure is at all.

:exactly: and four Leto variants for half an hours screen time is just bizarre. Even Batman didn't get than many for a lead role(bc armour is just a repaint). Catwoman would outsell at least one of those variants.

It's shameful if they don't give a damn about their customers. I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume its poor decision making.

:exactly: and four Leto variants for half an hours screen time is just bizarre. Even Batman didn't get than many for a lead role(bc armour is just a repaint..
This exactly......

Problem is , they bought the license and now have to pay for it. Churning out figures from this film is the only way to re coup their investment.

I thinK HT was sold on the fact that products from this line will all sell no matter the price or details.

With prices as high as they are, thats just not true anymore.

Harley is no Iron Man .........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This exactly......

Problem is , they bought the license and now have to pay for it. Churning out figures from this film is the only way to re coup their investment.

I thinK HT was sold on the fact that products from this line will all sell no matter the price or details.

With prices as high as they are, thats just not true anymore.

Harley is no Iron Man .........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly not but it would help their cause if they put out versions of her people were actually asking for. I've seen tons of posts on here asking for the gold dress version, quite a few for Dr. Quinzel or a harlequin version but not one asking for this.

I still hope this gets improved and turns out great for all those who order it but yea strange logic from HT.

No one legitimately cares what I think about a particular movie on the internet, im better off telling in actual life friends if I have any. that goes for disliking and liking something, but especially on a figure forum. Every time a new figure comes out for suicide squad, you dont need to read I liked it, you literally couldnt give a shi* less. It also doesnt matter if its a figure I like because guess what, here it is and available for preorder, whether I liked it or not. If I actually want to make a difference, I'll preorder. I guarantee if no preorders come in for this figure, they will just drop it entirely, so, I pre-order. This shi* really isnt that difficult.

Works both ways. ;)

Back