Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PlastiCine: Thanks for sharing those links! Those engravings on Baby Doll's Katana & Pistol are nicely done!

Just Caught this & I really enjoyed it.

Hot Toys - We need the whole cast, please don't just do 1 or 2 characters.

Jamie Chung for me, easily, and I'm glad she's my girlfriends favorite too. Probably the only HT she'll buy this year. :lol
jamiechungcomplex1.jpg

jamiechungcomplexmagazi.jpg

Those are great shots of her. I wish they had her with her hair flowing more.

For me, it's not about their cuteness or sexy way. It's the character itself that I like the most and in this one, it's Sweet Pea all the way.

But that is just me. I can only hope HT gets that far.

Amber was my favorite (wish she had a bigger role) but she was a lot of fun. She was loyal till the end and I was glad she contributed and got an object for them. I enjoyed her as the pilot and in that bunny robot thing too.

I think Jamie is the most attractive of the bunch too, but since i'm a girl that doesn't really matter :lol

I liked Baby Doll, Sweet Pea and Rocket as well.

I think this will do well or even may be better than 300

I expect this will do well enough at the box office to be successful. It looks like it should be good anyways.

A 20% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Two weeks into release and it's dropped from #2 to #7 at the box office.
Barely cleared $30 million.

Another big egg reeking of sulfur from hack-tacular Zack.

Fanboy wish-fulfillment does not a good movie make . . .

Great license purchase, Hot Toys! :hi5:

I will feed the troll--meh, rotten tomatoes doesn't tell me what I like or don't like. But maybe if you're a sheep you'll just do whatever the Internetz tells you? "Sucker Punch baaaaa-d" :dunno

Fanboy wish-fullfillment may not make great movies, but they'll sell toys.

And finally, HT made "The Spirit" figures, so they could very well release Sucker Punch ones.

Besides... bombing initally at the box office has always been the one of the markings of a great cult classic. Happened to Blade Runner. I see Sucker Punch having the potential of becoming another cult favorite.

Bombing at the box office doesn't necessarily impair DVD sales either, but I would be curious about overseas ticket sales, which is where a lot of the money is really being made these days.

Prince of Persia did amazing numbers internationally which pushed its total take to $335 worldwide. :horror

I will feed the troll--meh, rotten tomatoes doesn't tell me what I like or don't like.

No, of course not. That's because rotten tomatoes is merely an aggregate of critics reviews.
And eight out of ten of them are saying that SP sucks the root.
Audiences vote with their wallets, and don't need da internets to tell 'em that dog crap is stinky and brown.
Word-of-mouth does that.
Facts aren't trolling, but the truth hurts.

But you go ahead and enjoy your unwatchable toy commercial, okay?
There's nothing wrong with being easy to please.
And in nine months, when SP toys are lining landfills, you can line up for the next fanboy fad commodity. :mwaha

And finally, HT made "The Spirit" figures, so they could very well release Sucker Punch ones.

Speaking of lame licenses and landfills! :violin

Besides... bombing initally at the box office has always been the one of the markings of a great cult classic.
Bombing at the box office doesn't necessarily impair DVD sales either

lowered-expectations.jpg

Yes, and down is up, black is white, and Sucker Punch = Blade Runner! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Guys, I'm not trying to get in the middle of anything here, but let's keep the movie discussions in the actual movie thread:)

This is for the HT figs......that may or may not be coming out.

Gully Foyle, everyone here(I think) loves the movie(including me) and is anticipating the figures by HT and the Statues by GG. Your constant bashing of the movie is falling upon deaf ears my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back