Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really like Hudgens? I've always thought she was pretty but ever since one of my friends told me she looked like a gremlin I can't unsee it. :lol

I dig her, shes not the hottest but I wouldnt turn her down for a nite out.

What gives her an edge over let's say Jamie Chung who is more attractive is that Hudgens looks like she is nuts in the sack and would tape it and want to watch it while you do it again.

Carla is in a league all of her own, far above any of these ladies. It's not fair to even compare.

Funny you mention that--there's some naughty phone pics she took for Zac Efron floating around the 'Net that appear be exactly what you described. :monkey1

With you on Carla G. She seems to get steady work, so good for her and for me so I can continue to admire her body...of work lol.

Went to see the movie yesterday night not knowing what to expect and I like it. :clap But I think HT will make no more than 1 figure out of this movie.

Glad you enjoyed it when so many others apparently didn't!

And we'll be lucky if HT makes even one figure. :gah:

And we'll be lucky if HT makes even one figure. :gah:

I think it depends on whom they release first, this is how I see it:

- If it's Babydoll first, then we might get an Amber down the road
- It it's Amber first, then I feel my suspicions were true and HT probably just picked up the license to make a hot, kick ass Asian female figure. I think the chances for another would be much slimmer, and it would be another Rorschach situation where main character doesn't get made.

I guess it all depends on how well the film does in their neck of the woods. :pray:

- It it's Amber first, then I feel my suspicions were true and HT probably just picked up the license to make a hot, kick ass Asian female figure. I think the chances for another would be much slimmer, and it would be another Rorschach situation where main character doesn't get made.

I guess it all depends on how well the film does in their neck of the woods. :pray:

When HT announced the license they show cased a banner that showed Baby Doll and Amber, So Im pretty sure those will be the first two. Baby being first. And HT will gauge the success of sales on those to see if we get any more. I know Ill be getting Babydoll and Amber. And Id like to get a Sweet Pea if they get around to her....:panic:

Hudgens really isn't that attractive. She is cute, that is about it. What gives her an edge over let's say Jamie Chung who is more attractive is that Hudgens looks like she is nuts in the sack and would tape it and want to watch it while you do it again. That in itself is really hot.

Emily Browning falls into the Penelope Cruz category where someone can make them up "hot" but on their own they are meh. Chung is more attractive but seems rather boring or plain in interviews which downgrades her. Cornish is right on the border between both depending on day and Malone looks repulsive.

Carla is in a league all of her own, far above any of these ladies. It's not fair to even compare.

I'm so glad we have the resident expert on who's hot... :cuckoo: I wonder what girls would say when they review your looks. :pfft:

I agree. Baby Doll and Amber are the intended figures. I don't think box office success necessarily plays into what figures get priority--I mean, look at Thor--the movie didn't even open yet and we've got those figs on lock. Granted it's a Marvel license with iconic characters (Ghost Rider the movie didn't do well and it's getting a figure regardless), but still, look at "The Spirit". That was poorly reviewed and a box office flop to boot and it got three figures! Avatar was monstrous at the box office and it has no figures.

I'm hoping the only reason for the delay is making a tiny base body to match Emily Browning.

Realistically, if HT makes these two figures, I think that will be it unless the top guys Howard and whoever else really really loved the movie themselves. :p

Last edited:
but still, look at "The Spirit". That was poorly reviewed and a box office flop to boot and it got three figures!

I think the only reason they released three figures was because one was Samuel L Jackson and one was Scarlett Johansson, both insanely popular among people who collect Hot Toys. So that sucks with licenses like Sucker Punch, Prince of Persia, etc... where they don't really have anybody like that. :(

I'm so glad we have the resident expert on who's hot... :cuckoo: I wonder what girls would say when they review your looks. :pfft:

STFU Eli.

I think the only reason they released three figures was because one was Samuel L Jackson and one was Scarlett Johansson, both insanely popular among people who collect Hot Toys. So that sucks with licenses like Sucker Punch, Prince of Persia, etc... where they don't really have anybody like that. :(

Another thing to think about with The Spirit comparison is that the Scarlett figure was really half-assed in terms of production. You could see seams on the figure especially on the side of her face, the hair was less than stellar and a lot of corners were cut just to get it out.

One has to ask do you want Sucker Punch figures if they are just thrown together?

Jamie Chung will be the first sculpt from HT of a Korean descent...
With HT's huge stable of Korean head sculpters....
HT have done many Chinese and Japanese males (even a Chinese/Japanese hybrid) and one Japanese female.

Hudgens really isn't that attractive. She is cute, that is about it. What gives her an edge over let's say Jamie Chung who is more attractive is that Hudgens looks like she is nuts in the sack and would tape it and want to watch it while you do it again. That in itself is really hot.

Emily Browning falls into the Penelope Cruz category where someone can make them up "hot" but on their own they are meh. Chung is more attractive but seems rather boring or plain in interviews which downgrades her. Cornish is right on the border between both depending on day and Malone looks repulsive.

Well explained here Mike! :clap

I have to respectfully disagree with you here Mike.(sorry to keep the "who's hotter" stuff going) but if really short hair/it's color and a picture that was taken of her with an odd facial expression generates so much hate then jeez how high do some of us guys have our standards set?? :dunno

I'd honestly take Emily any day(short red hair or not) over any of the other girls.

Here's a pic of her(still looking pretty) with Zach and the other girls at the Guardians premiere:
Zachandthegirls.jpg

ANYWAY haha, I just talked to Movie Replicas Direct the other day about the GG statues and they're going to start shipping Baby Doll in the middle of April:yess:

Saw the movie last night and I must say it was pretty good. Didnt think it would be that deep, definitely looking foward to a Baby doll figure.

Sucker Punch was a flop at the box office. And no, that's not an April Fools joke. :lol

So was Austin Powers, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, Harold & Maude, Citizen Kane, Blade Runner, and Office Space. All great movies! Screw the box office.

So was Austin Powers, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, Harold & Maude, Citizen Kane, Blade Runner, and Office Space. All great movies! Screw the box office.

Exactly. Do a bunch of bad reviews mean a movie sucks? Does a movie suck if it doesn't make bank at the box office?

NO, why you ask?, Because everyone has their own opinion(that's what most of those reviews are anyway...someone else's opinion. And if people are going to take the word of someone they've never met before, instead of actually going to the theater to form their own opinion, then you suck haha:rotfl
(no offense intended)

I don't listen to reviews or critics any more. Hell, usually my cousin and I have the same style/taste in movies and we are divided on this, so I don't even really listen to others opinion on movies/games/figures what have you. In the end all that matters is your own opinion. If you are happy with something then thats all that matters.

I enjoyed the hell out of the film and no body is going to tell me different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back