Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the portrait sculpts will be a thing of beauty, but IMO female characters like these are best represented in a statue format. Alot of what makes these characters appealing will be lost using a generic jointed body. I have no doubt that HT will amaze us but I am a bit more excited to see how well (or poorly for that matter) the GG pieces turn out

I prefer 1/6 to statues, and would most definitely prefer these characters represented in high-end articulated 1/6 scale. The base material, the paint app, the tailoring, accessories and the poseability all easily compensate for the visible joints IMO. In any case, I think a lot of 1/6 collectors develop 'joint blindness' - ie unless the joints are done horribly or awkwardly, the folks who collect these things simply don't notice them when admiring the figure.

Hopefully once the statues and figures are released we will both be happy :)

Hopefully once the statues and figures are released we will both be happy :)

Maybe you can correct me on this, but it seems to me that there are more female characters available in statue-form than there are in high-end 1/6. I know Tonner, DC Comics and a couple of others have 1/6 females in their lines, but I'm after the photo-realistic figures, a la Hot Toys etc.

On top of this, most of the female figures HT have released can hardly be called sexy - unless SJ in a scuba suit is your thing.

My shelf needs some fine ladies, and these ladies will fit the bill I think :)

I keep thinking we will see sneak peeks of the Hot Toys Baby Doll. I really hope she goes on PO this Thursday before Friday's release. Wouldn't it be odd for them not to show her this week???

I keep thinking we will see sneak peeks of the Hot Toys Baby Doll. I really hope she goes on PO this Thursday before Friday's release. Wouldn't it be odd for them not to show her this week???

Well, it's Hot Toys after all--they do things on their own schedule. We've gotten nothing out of certain licenses, although the hope is that since SP is a brand new, unproven property, they'll jump on it sooner rather than later.

True enough, just take a look at the Avatar announcement. Wasn't that like a year ago... and nothing. Patience folks.

For me, Baby Doll and Rocket.
I just saw the film and was emotionally heavy on the some characters. Baby Doll is a must, and then I can choose between Rocket or Sweet Pea. The trio is this. Forget Amber or Blondie. Specially Blondie.

I just saw the film and was emotionally heavy on the some characters. Baby Doll is a must, and then I can choose between Rocket or Sweet Pea. The trio is this. Forget Amber or Blondie. Specially Blondie.

good movie?! bad? out of 10 what do ya give it?! :panic:

8!
The movie is heavy. Hope you guys enjoy the movie and history and don't enter hoping to see only girls kicking asses. I that case you will be dissapointed. Let go to see the real drama of Bdoll. And, of course, enjoy the great visuals and excellent soundtrack of the movie =)

8!
The movie is heavy. Hope you guys enjoy the movie and history and don't enter hoping to see only girls kicking asses. I that case you will be dissapointed. Let go to see the real drama of Bdoll. And, of course, enjoy the great visuals and excellent soundtrack of the movie =)

Awesome! Simply girls kicking asses is exactly what I was not hoping for.

8 that's a pretty solid score, been really looking forward to seeing this since I 1st see the trailer, really enjoyed Sniders work so far, glad he's got Superman to & I'm really hoping HT release some proto pic's of BD very soon, guessing that she'll be the 1st (& hopefully not the last)

Storyline with good action mixed in is exactly what I was hoping for. I can't wait to see this on Friday.

8!

solid 8 hey! nice!! cant wait now.....:hi5:

How would you compare it to Watchmen and 300?

I watched the trailer twice, when it came out and recently again...really confused...is there any real plot? I'll be watching this for sure though, if not for any other reason than watch cool explosions, pretty faces, and fantasy-themed scenes :lol

FROM WHAT IM HEARING THE CRITICS ARENT REALLY LIKING THIS FILM BUT THAT WAS FIGURED WHAT DO THEY NO i AM SEEING THIS MOVIE REGARDLESS. zack snyders movies are like art work.

FROM WHAT IM HEARING THE CRITICS ARENT REALLY LIKING THIS FILM BUT THAT WAS FIGURED WHAT DO THEY NO i AM SEEING THIS MOVIE REGARDLESS. zack snyders movies are like art work.

critics are gay, they said 300 was _____

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back