1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it just the regular version that had the error, or did some of the Deluxe version ship out with the wrong nameplate as well?

Just got word from the online retailer I purchased it from that he heard back from their Sideshow Rep and that they have a replacement plaque for me and will send it directly to me. Happy how easy and fast my issue was resolved. I ordered him Monday, got him in the mail yesterday (Thursday) double boxed (shipper and outer box) and in perfect condition, and already seem to have my issue resolved the very next day.

I ordered from Underground Figures. https://undergroundfigures.net/ I definitely would recommend them now to anyone.

First time I have ever ordered from them. Was a little skeptical and hesitant too, as I've never heard anyone mention them before. But they provided quick and great service. And the shipping was only $10 and change compared to Sideshow that wanted $24 for this figure. And the box is small and lightweight. That was more than it cost me to get the DX Maul which was $22. Sideshow's shipping is getting crazy and out of hand.

Now, lets see how long it takes Sideshow to send me the replacement plaque... :(

Anyone with the same issue, looks like it still might be worth looking into getting a replacement.

Got my regular Stormtrooper in the mail today. Must say I think he looks great in person. Much better than in most photo's. In hand, I think I actually like him better than my RO Stormtrooper. In comparison photo's I felt the RO looked better. Pleasantly surprised.

Wasn't sure I really needed him, but I figured it's cool to have all the different variations of the regular movie OT Stormtooper. I still feel from a distance my old original Marmit Stormtrooper is still the best looking OT Stormtrooper. The bucket sculpt is still the best to date so far in my opinion.

Very glad I managed to get one in the end just as it seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere, and prices most assuredly will start to increase. Anybody on the fence, I wouldn't procrastinate too much longer. The regular is gone, but BBTS still has the deluxe. And if you don't want the stand, you could easily sell it for the extra price over the regular version.

*** Crap... Just realized my base says Sith Trooper... :(

Yeah, its weird just how incredibly accurate the Marmit stormie (and even parts of their Fett and ATAT driver) were given it's now a 20 year old figure. The sculpts aren't as sharp/crisp as the newer HT or even SSC pieces but wow they got the shapes just right. The Marmit stormie looks a lot like the "hero" ANH stormie.

Just got word from the online retailer I purchased it from that he heard back from their Sideshow Rep and that they have a replacement plaque for me and will send it directly to me. Happy how easy and fast my issue was resolved. I ordered him Monday, got him in the mail yesterday (Thursday) double boxed (shipper and outer box) and in perfect condition, and already seem to have my issue resolved the very next day.

I ordered from Underground Figures. https://undergroundfigures.net/ I definitely would recommend them now to anyone.

First time I have ever ordered from them. Was a little skeptical and hesitant too, as I've never heard anyone mention them before. But they provided quick and great service. And the shipping was only $10 and change compared to Sideshow that wanted $24 for this figure. And the box is small and lightweight. That was more than it cost me to get the DX Maul which was $22. Sideshow's shipping is getting crazy and out of hand.

Now, lets see how long it takes Sideshow to send me the replacement plaque... :(

Anyone with the same issue, looks like it still might be worth looking into getting a replacement.

I'm glad they got you taken care of.

And you've already done a solid for them. I just ordered a figure from Underground based on your recommendation.

I would like to get the ANH version MMS267 but I may get on the waitlist for this one. As others have stated ANH version seems spendy.

Current prices are:

Mid 300 for a single ANH

600 for the dual pack

700 for the dual exclusive with gun rack

I don?t care what inaccuracies they might suffer from they are still the must own troopers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to get the ANH version MMS267 but I may get on the waitlist for this one. As others have stated ANH version seems spendy.

I bought the RotJ troopers because they were readily available and I’m the sort of savage that can’t tell the difference between the various Stormies at a glance.

:horror

I was able to get the Hot Toys ANH Stormtrooper for about retail. My waitlist just converted for the ROTJ version. Remnant Stormtrooper next?

I really hope HT will take one more shot at the OT stormtrooper helmet sculpt. The ROTJ version is slightly better than the ANH (which to me just looks like a better painted old Sideshow 1/6 stormie helmet,) but it's still quite off.

While the custom helmet that Solo_Bones made was a huge pain to finish and has a few minor errors (and the project was terribly run,) whoever sculpted it paid close attention to the look of the OT helmet.

1pIvDwP.png

Back