1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to think you get a kickback every time you post about toys buying agent :monkey3:rotfl

That’s absurd. They don’t offer any sort of affiliate program and go only by strong word of mouth from fellow collectors.

By the way, have you heard that ToysBuyingAgent doesn’t require you to sign up for any sort of rewards program or look out for coupon codes or limited offers? Their discount codes are conveniently located on their front page! The more you buy, the more you can save.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/

Edit: I was being facetious. I have not purchased from them before and this is not a real endorsement.

Last edited:
1a85007573d55fa0ba1a79a49a23d3d13ff231c6756efbd64b3fc80732c30ba7.jpg

I'm starting to think you get a kickback every time you post about toys buying agent :monkey3:rotfl

That?s absurd. They don?t offer any sort of affiliate program and go only by strong word of mouth from fellow collectors.

By the way, have you heard that ToysBuyingAgent doesn?t require you to sign up for any sort of rewards program or look out for coupon codes or limited offers? Their discount codes are conveniently located on their front page! The more you buy, the more you can save.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/

Agreed MyenShi.

All I see is that many only talk about Toys Wonderland, but I see the prices being better at Toysbuyingagent, so why not share the savings ?

Also this hobby is getting more and more expensive every release it seems.

But take it or leave it. It's your money.

I was actually kidding and have not used them before, haha. But everyone has their preferences and I see some of the merits of going direct to Asia.

I personally still buy from Sideshow but try to support places like Timewalker and Secret Compass as they’ve always been good to me.

Just ordered two ROTJ Stormtroopers and I have Vader, and the Emperor.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making a diorama large enough to put behind them OR are there ones available for sale? I have seen some for 3.75 inch figures I think from Spacewalls, though what about for 1/6?

Thanks.

Quick question for anyone who uses the HT stands for their troopers has anyone ever noticed any damage done to the white armor in the inner thigh area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you own an Ewok that trooper is obviously a must but man do I hate the ROTJ trooper helmet.

I think it’s only fitting that they got slaughtered by the Ewoks lol

So the regular non Deluxe is now sold out as of just a bit ago at both SS and BBTS. SS has it wait listed. BBTS still has the Deluxe in stock for the extra cost of the fancy stand.

Surprised it took so long.

Got my regular Stormtrooper in the mail today. Must say I think he looks great in person. Much better than in most photo's. In hand, I think I actually like him better than my RO Stormtrooper. In comparison photo's I felt the RO looked better. Pleasantly surprised.

Wasn't sure I really needed him, but I figured it's cool to have all the different variations of the regular movie OT Stormtooper. I still feel from a distance my old original Marmit Stormtrooper is still the best looking OT Stormtrooper. The bucket sculpt is still the best to date so far in my opinion.

Very glad I managed to get one in the end just as it seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere, and prices most assuredly will start to increase. Anybody on the fence, I wouldn't procrastinate too much longer. The regular is gone, but BBTS still has the deluxe. And if you don't want the stand, you could easily sell it for the extra price over the regular version.

*** Crap... Just realized my base says Sith Trooper... :(

So for those who got one of these with the wrong Sith Trooper name plates, were you able to get a new one? I sent a message to both the online retailer I purchased from and to Sideshow directly. Hopefully I can get the proper name plate.

If not, not a deal breaker. But I like having the nameplates on the stands. Guess I could always contact Cocoboloboy and ask if he could make me a nameplate as I don't believe Evilface does them anymore.

I also do have a bunch of loose stands I bought from the original HT OT SW figures (the grey grate stands) with a few unneeded Luke Skywalker and Han Solo Name plates if anyone has an extra Stormtrooper name plate and wants to trade. I think I may also have an Obi-Wan name plate as I bought a parted out PT ROTS Kenobi stand to use for Maul instead of the big dynamic stand he came with.

Thanks to anyone that answers... :duff

So for those who got one of these with the wrong Sith Trooper name plates, were you able to get a new one? I sent a message to both the online retailer I purchased from and to Sideshow directly. Hopefully I can get the proper name plate.

If not, not a deal breaker. But I like having the nameplates on the stands. Guess I could always contact Cocoboloboy and ask if he could make me a nameplate as I don't believe Evilface does them anymore.

I also do have a bunch of loose stands I bought from the original HT OT SW figures (the grey grate stands) with a few unneeded Luke Skywalker and Han Solo Name plates if anyone has an extra Stormtrooper name plate and wants to trade. I think I may also have an Obi-Wan name plate as I bought a parted out PT ROTS Kenobi stand to use for Maul instead of the big dynamic stand he came with.

Thanks to anyone that answers... :duff

I bought three from Sideshow and one of them had the Sith Trooper name plate. Sideshow sent me a replacement adhesive name plate, so I hope they still have some that they can send you and anyone else that might need one.

I bought three from Sideshow and one of them had the Sith Trooper name plate. Sideshow sent me a replacement adhesive name plate, so I hope they still have some that they can send you and anyone else that might need one.

Thanks for the info. The retailer already replied to my message, and just asked for a picture he could send to their Sideshow rep. So hopefully they do still have some of the correct nameplates.

I don't know if the nameplate issue will ever get fixed. I got a near free Trooper from BBTS when they were first released. Came with the Sith Trooper base. Contacted BBTS. Got a quick reply about the number of people and they were looking into it with SSC. Got one follow up shortly after about still waiting, and haven't heard anything since. I don't blame BBTS either, it wasn't their fault. I just don't think that at this stage, plus with everything else going on in the world, we're ever going to see this little issue (and that's exactly what it is) resolved. So basically, we, the early purchasers, got the rare factory misprints.

Back