1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I am aware it is based on ROTJ but are idealized. If they put it under the ROTJ license and make it as close to the movie as possible, not everyone will like it. That's what I'm getting at, sorry for the confusion.

They went out of their way to make the rest of the armor match the ROTJ armor, it's completely new, yet it's as if once the armor was done, they decided to toss the reference material and design the helmet by memory. I just don't get it. None of the HT helmets are 100%, but this one really drives me nuts. I can't understand their thinking on this one.

They went out of their way to make the rest of the armor match the ROTJ armor, it's completely new, yet it's as if once the armor was done, they decided to toss the reference material and design the helmet by memory. I just don't get it. None of the HT helmets are 100%, but this one really drives me nuts. I can't understand their thinking on this one.

Simple, they don't really care. They know people will buy them anyway. At least they tried more than other companies.

Simple, they don't really care. They know people will buy them anyway. At least they tried more than other companies.

I understand, I'm just saying, if you know people will buy it anyway, why bother making the ROTJ armor and then closing your eyes to make the helmet? Why care about the one and not the other is my point.

I just got in a Rogue One Jedha Patrol StormTrooper. Now having it next to the ROTJ I can not totally see the BIG difference in helmets now. Love the look of these R1 troopers. I need more! Especially the 2 pack

stormtrooper.jpg
First figure of the new year. Used a gift card my daughter got me for Christmas.

The funny thing is that the best 1/6 figure ROTJ/SE look-alike helmet remains the old Medicom. For ANH you need to look at the first Gentle Giant mini-bust, scanned from a real helmet. Then second comes the old Marmit. HT OT Stormie helmets are not the best, but still ok in my books.

Yeah, the Marmit sandie helmet sculpt is actually fairly close to the hero ANH helmet, though it's a pretty old figure and the sculpting detail is on the soft side. The Medi stormie does have a bit of a ROTJ vibe (mostly in the narrowness,) but it's a bit small or 1/7-ish, like many figs from Medicom.

Yeah, the Marmit sandie helmet sculpt is actually fairly close to the hero ANH helmet, though it's a pretty old figure and the sculpting detail is on the soft side. The Medi stormie does have a bit of a ROTJ vibe (mostly in the narrowness,) but it's a bit small or 1/7-ish, like many figs from Medicom.

Considering Marmits age, we can still appreciate their quality and accuracy even compared to newer products, Marmit got some insight not many other companies had. Yes, they have their own issues but I wish the new Sideshow and Hot Toys helmets to look more like them. Or like the Gentle Giant first TK mini-bust. Medi helmet = narrowness & lower brow give the ROTJ vibe maybe even more than the HT version, all other things like details or paint apps can be changed and updated - the size is a bit small, but not that much if you keep the figure on its own. The thing is that when the collectible companies idealize the Stormtrooper helmet, they do it without keeping the proportions, and thus many helmets look odd even for untrained eyes

Got mine in today. Thought I would be ok with the helmet in person but sadly not the case. I still think the Rogue One Stormtrooper is the best Stormtrooper helmet Hot Toys has done in terms of sculpt. Wish they kept the prototype of this ROTJ Stormtrooper as that one looked closer to a ROTJ helmet than whatever this is on this one. Armor and blaster look great though. Debating if I should send this back or not.

49396691136_ac01e20df3_b.jpg

49396895347_95ba9bdc14_b.jpg

Debating if you should return a non defective product. I feel sorry for the poor company unfortunate enough to get your "business".

Debating if you should return a non defective product. I feel sorry for the poor company unfortunate enough to get your "business".

People return non-defective products all the time. Sideshow allow you to return products for any reason. Sometimes there's no way to know if you really want/like something until you have it in hand.

It's like online shopping for clothes. If you try it on and you don't like it then you send it back.

If he doesn't like the product that he has every right to return it.

It's pathetic to notice such minor differences. So people literally need a life.

How were you able to find time in your correct way of living to again go to a niche toy forum to enlighten people who never asked you on how they should be spending their time???

Would hate to think that would be seen as such an unproductive use of ones limited and precious time on earth.

People return non-defective products all the time. Sideshow allow you to return products for any reason. Sometimes there's no way to know if you really want/like something until you have it in hand.

It's like online shopping for clothes. If you try it on and you don't like it then you send it back.

Obviously sideshow allows people like him to return items and demand their money back. He is probably the same type of person that complains if he gets a figure that might have been returned by someone like him.

This figure had tons of pictures posted. It was discussed for more than a year. There is no way he didn't know what it looked like. Ordering a figure then waiting to get it then returning it is reducilous. I said this many times. It seems like some people feel like they are entitled to do whatever they feel like regardless of how it affects anyone or anything. Of course the others who also engage in this type of behavior will defend and excuse it.

You need to turn up the oxygen content on your respirator, Malgus.:lol

For a guy that whines and moans in every thread I've ever seen him post in, it's pretty rich hearing him call anyone else pathetic.

How were you able to find time in your correct way of living to again go to a niche toy forum to enlighten people who never asked you on how they should be spending their time???

Would hate to think that would be seen as such an unproductive use of ones limited and precious time on earth.

Can't you guys see Malgus just does this for attention and to stir you all up. You all go for it hook line and sinker.

Best thing you can do is ignore people like this. They will get bored and go away.

Unless of course you want to annoy him for sport, which has also been known to happen :lol

I did like Tali's comment though as I'm sure Malgus did :) "You need to turn up the oxygen content on your respirator, Malgus".

Obviously sideshow allows people like him to return items and demand their money back. He is probably the same type of person that complains if he gets a figure that might have been returned by someone like him.

This figure had tons of pictures posted. It was discussed for more than a year. There is no way he didn't know what it looked like. Ordering a figure then waiting to get it then returning it is reducilous. I said this many times. It seems like some people feel like they are entitled to do whatever they feel like regardless of how it affects anyone or anything. Of course the others who also engage in this type of behavior will defend and excuse it.

In fact, as long as the official product photos are just prototype photos, returning an item is understandable.
What I am always saying is HT shoul go preorder with prototypes approved for production or at least publish photos of final product once its production begins.

Back