1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical, just when I get mine in at the inflated prices these things cost down here...

Anyway, while I wait for a friend of mine to do tests with white paints to achieve the same high gloss for the Sideshow parts I plan to use, I took one of my Sideshow troopers and fitted him with the HT ROTJ abdomen and crotch armour, as well as the belt, and lo and behold, they fit perfectly with the larger/flared Sideshow breast armour.

Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of hybrid troopers in my hands! :lol

Was never crazy about how the Rogue One Stormtrooper looked and as I don't really have any other ROTJ figures I decided to convert my ROTJ figure into a Jedha Patrol trooper.

964835295a7cd5f216e5d79f522a1deb.jpg
fe430e7f1b25f07aa7fdf217cf0812af.jpg
312a89a5b3c2bed08c7f9f5be33cabf1.jpg
84d3bbd06115b8f5ca2dbcb62e30651b.jpg

I got in my wanna be sith trooper today. Err normal stormtrooper with sith name plate.
Never owned a 1/6 storm trooper before. These are pretty great

Got mine in today. Thought I would be ok with the helmet in person but sadly not the case. I still think the Rogue One Stormtrooper is the best Stormtrooper helmet Hot Toys has done in terms of sculpt. Wish they kept the prototype of this ROTJ Stormtrooper as that one looked closer to a ROTJ helmet than whatever this is on this one. Armor and blaster look great though. Debating if I should send this back or not.

49396691136_ac01e20df3_b.jpg

49396895347_95ba9bdc14_b.jpg

Got mine in today. Thought I would be ok with the helmet in person but sadly not the case. I still think the Rogue One Stormtrooper is the best Stormtrooper helmet Hot Toys has done in terms of sculpt. Wish they kept the prototype of this ROTJ Stormtrooper as that one looked closer to a ROTJ helmet than whatever this is on this one. Armor and blaster look great though. Debating if I should send this back or not.

49396691136_ac01e20df3_b.jpg

49396895347_95ba9bdc14_b.jpg

Nice display! I see what you mean between the 2. That being said I love mine and feel it?s still a great representation of the ROTJ troopers. Really looking forward to the remnant stormtrooper since it?s the Rogue One helmet I believe. I might end up with 2 of those when all is said and done if the final product looks even remotely close to the proto

You can't blame the sculpt when they're movie-accurate. The ROTJ helmets were after all, made from a defective mold.

If you're not going to explain your stance, why bother replying to me then?

I'm not sure what's to explain, it literally just does not look like the ROTJ helmet. If you go back through this thread you can see myself, along with others, discuss this multiple times.

The funny thing is that the best 1/6 figure ROTJ/SE look-alike helmet remains the old Medicom. For ANH you need to look at the first Gentle Giant mini-bust, scanned from a real helmet. Then second comes the old Marmit. HT OT Stormie helmets are not the best, but still ok in my books.

There are so many differences from one prop to the other that it's almost impossible to get an exact match. But I understand the obsession with accuracy, it's like me with Giger's alien... :lol

One thing that I do believe is a conscious decision to make the figure's helmet differ from the props is the mouth: on HT's figure the "lips" aren't black, and that makes a huge difference in the look of the helmet.

Personally, I'm glad they didn't paint the "lips" black, as I really hate how that looks.

Go onto Hot Toys official website and search the figures by movie licenses. This was never under ROTJ. It's idealized for sure and I prefer this way myself.

There are different types of idealization. This one is not the best. And by looking at HT's site here: https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=652, you can see the outdoors pics next to a speederbike, Luke in Jedi black suit with handcuffs, and the TK armor, helmet and blaster all have the ROTJ tells, idealized of course, but ROTJ.

PD15427669557xE.jpg

PD1542766954vpI.jpg

PD1542766952G4l.jpg

Back