1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could hardly regconize the differences...

The differences really show up when you are posing...HT made them differently...would have thought all same build with different armor, but no...

Those box arts are also nice. Did you cut them?

No, just have the full box behind the figure....eliminates the box storage problem...

The differences really show up when you are posing...HT made them differently...would have thought all same build with different armor, but no...

No, just have the full box behind the figure....eliminates the box storage problem...

Collection is looking great, CC. Do you still have the big armies of the ANH figures and TFA troops or did you consolidate?

I know canadaclone already posted a comparison, but since I just got my RotJ figs I thought I'd share mine.

First some body shots. I think you can see the differences quite easily. Particularly in the chest pieces (length, width and flare), ab switches and belt design. The R1 also has noticeably lower crotch and leg pieces. I'm impressed that all three blaster are distinct to the film in question and not just re-used from one figure to the next.

1JM8Mli.jpg

BYZOBpu.jpg

Next some close ups of the buckets. Again the R1 is clearly different from the others. It is wider and the symmetry gives it a totally different look. These difference are even more apparent side on. RotJ is a much slimmer looking mimicking the fact that the moulds had collapsed somewhat by the time RotJ rolled around. As has been discussed in depth, they are all idealised to an extent, but I think the difference in figures still capture the flavour of the different prop pieces.

HcmEIsB.jpg

RzsEDfB.jpg

I really like the new RotJ figure. It looks fantastic. The bucket looks wonderful but if I had to choose between the three, I'm still leaning towards ANH hope as the best overall representation of a Stormtrooper.

Looks great, excellent comparison shots. Helmet looks like the child of the R1 and ANH. Mine arrives in Monday, still tempted to get two, but I?ll see how I feel when it?s in hand.

Looks great, excellent comparison shots. Helmet looks like the child of the R1 and ANH. Mine arrives in Monday, still tempted to get two, but I?ll see how I feel when it?s in hand.

Thanks. I grabbed two and don't regret it. Only regulars though. The deluxe backdrop is nice, but not worth the extra imo. The regulars are well priced (for Hot Toys).

Storm troopers are always a lot of fun

3PG25Rk.jpg

This pose has got me considering stealing ST Lukes commlink.

Got mine today, showed up early from FedEx.

The figure is excellent, love the weathering. I was expecting it to underwhelm a bit since I already have a couple ANH ones ? and it did, but that?s okay.

I think the helmet sculpt is the only part that I?d say doesn?t top the ANH ones, and those aren?t perfect either. HT seems to struggle with the helmets as most are good but I don?t think they?ve 100% nailed one OT bucket outside the Snowtrooper (and maybe the gunner, have to plead ignorance on that one).

73390876_10214365871330599_7630123870812372992_n.jpg

These new Stormtroopers are absolutely phenomenal, very fun for posing..and I particularly love how shiny they are on shelf...didnt get the deluxe versions 'cause I dont think those battery operated backdrops worth the extra $$.

Cool pics DarkChocobi and momaw. I find them to be a bit easier to pose than ANH versions indeed. Not caring about the backdrops either.
BTW R1 figure looks like a kid in armor, while ANH and ROTJ, despite not being too accurate, look more natural.

Just opened up the one I received from Popcultcha last week and the mouthpiece is completely white - it hasn't been painted. Can't believe HT's QC is so bad. More so given how ridiculous the prices are these days. Anyone else have this problem?

Just opened up the one I received from Popcultcha last week and the mouthpiece is completely white - it hasn't been painted. Can't believe HT's QC is so bad. More so given how ridiculous the prices are these days. Anyone else have this problem?

Any pics? If he didn't have the tube stripes it would have been cool, as there was a Mr. No Stripes Stormtrooper out there...

Mr. No Stripes Stormtrooper.jpg

Any pics? If he didn't have the tube stripes it would have been cool, as there was a Mr. No Stripes Stormtrooper out there...

That would have been kind of cool. Alas, no such luck. Apologies for the low quality pic.

2019-11-07 00.06.37.jpg

Why can I see some pictures and some not? For those I can't see, there is even no little box with red x on it.

Back