Hot Toys Stormer Riders Comic style ----does anyone know if it will have US PO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chutterbox

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot toys is partnering with the comic writer that created Stormer Riders.

Here is the pamphlet in Chinese:

6B659A5A96F2_zps5785d08f.jpg

Do you know if there will have some for PO in the US? I want to get these!

Coming out with the regular version vs the exclusive (250 limit) anniversary version.

Just found this comment on Hot Toys FB page:

"
This year is a famous Hong Kong cartoonist Ma Wing Shing, making martial arts comic story published 25 anniversary.

To commemorate this feat of comics, Hot Toys is pleased to announce the collaboration with the publishing house in the world to launch lead one of "don't cry of death," said 1:6 cloud collector's Doll-25 anniversary and comic editions. More details will be announced soon, we pay close attention!"

can't wait!

Why should I not PO thru ebay? Is it not protected by ebay?

Pre-ordering on ebay is basically a grey market.
Ebay and Paypals buyers protection only lasts 45 days and while all the sellers tick the box 'will ship within 30 days of payment' they then write in the comments, 'this is a pre-order and won't be released until xxxx'

You're relying 100% on the seller being honest and sticking around for the long haul because the actual delivery dates of pre-orders for HT/EB stuff will be 6+/- months down the line.

The regular release should be able to be pre-ordered at retail from Asian (or HK) online sellers....most however have to pay in full on pre-order.

The regular release should be able to be pre-ordered at retail from Asian (or HK) online sellers....most however have to pay in full on pre-order.

Let's hope BBTS carries it. Don't feel like it's something sideshow would carry.

And thanks for the tips on PO on ebay. I guess I am too timid to do it lol

Last edited:
Honestly I found it below the Hot Toys standard after seeing the prototype, not to speak that it is far from what Cloud should be in my mind.

True, but I really doubt HT will make any more of this series. Hence, its very limited, and I am hoping the prototype will improve. I at least like the body.

True, but I really doubt HT will make any more of this series. Hence, its very limited, and I am hoping the prototype will improve. I at least like the body.

Right, from a collectible point of view, it might be worth to own one, also due to the retirement of the author of the comics. But from a fan of the series perspective, I would save the bucks.

The release of Wind should somehow depend on the sales of Cloud, I think.

Right, from a collectible point of view, it might be worth to own one, also due to the retirement of the author of the comics. But from a fan of the series perspective, I would save the bucks.

The release of Wind should somehow depend on the sales of Cloud, I think.

Sadly I think you are right. I dunno why they can't just do 2 at once. Wind and cloud they are always a pair.

damn if they can have real rooted hair for wind that would be awesome!

Dordor: have you read the series?

I once was a follower but stopped years ago. Still think the best of the series lies the first 100+ issues.

The look of this figure is based on the recent story of the series. I have no clue about it at all. But the main disappointment is the sculpt is very different from Cloud in early chapters which I found are the best.

Same here, used to follow the series like a dog, but then the thing just drags on for too long and the story gets increasingly dull, eventually lost interest... Without the cape and the famous sword, there is no way I can tell this is supposed to be Cloud.

Last edited:
I once was a follower but stopped years ago. Still think the best of the series lies the first 100+ issues.

The look of this figure is based on the recent story of the series. I have no clue about it at all. But the main disappointment is the sculpt is very different from Cloud in early chapters which I found are the best.

Yeah I liked the first 100+ too, and I played the RPG game that told that story. Loved it, but the later issues just became so confusing and contrived b/c I think they keep reincarnating or soemthing.

SO yeah I was wondering why the hair is white, now I know. So I guess this is not the old Cloud that I know...hmm.imma have 2nd thoughts about the PO then.

Back