Hot Toys : Still number one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem HT have now is their close ties to the studios. Before, their figures were iconic subjects, taken from landmark films. Now they are just a marketing tool to publicize the movies. Hence, we have a glut of product, that comes from lacklustre films, and the figures, no matter how good, are unwanted.
OMG THIS!
This is what could be HT's undoing. I mean the Dr Strange looks really good.....but how many people really want a Dr Strange (at 260.00) VS Ghostbusters or Matrix or Halloween?
Those GB look nice, but it's not anything HT couldn't do if they wanted to. The outfits and accessories, no problem. They even used a HT sculptor. Though most of HT's offerings don't interest me much anymore, being able to release the volume they do and still retain top quality, is unequaled in 1/6 world.
200w.gif

200w.gif

Except HT would charge 300 a figure with all the accessories.......well maybe 280.00....245 Bare bones....

I don't care about Hot Toys because I don't collect DC and Marvel. :huh

As long as you guys keep eating it up, that's all they're going to keep producing. Product always matches demand. It's not like I expect that to change or really care if it does, but it's the truth. I do have Hot Toys ANH Luke, and while it's a good figure, I'm just as impressed with my Threezero figures as I am with it.

Hot Toys is by far #1. And their product is far superior. Its not really even close.

I think that Hot Toys is definitely number one and the ranking should be based upon the quality of the product that they put out not the licenses that they have. I like Empire Strikes Back more than Force Awakens and Han Solo is my favorite character, but that does not change the fact that say...Force Awakens Rey from Hot Toys is a MUCH better figure (as in out of the league of) the Sideshow Collectibles Bespin Han Solo eye sore. Hot Toys is number one but I am thinking that between the Blitzway Tyler Durden and Ghostbusters releases we may be revisiting this topic with the understanding that they have been equaled by Blitzway...unless their prototype pictures are WAAAAAY off what ends up getting produced it may be hard to argue against this...

Hot Toys isn't in the same league as Blitzway in terms of design and finish, let's stop the silliness. You're comparing Toyota to Mercedes now. They're definitely #1 when it comes to sales volume and dollars though - it doesn't take a forensic accountant and a peek at their books to see that. And it's not because they don't have talent or can't hire talent. It's current business ethos and priorities. Their priority is high volume at good quality and decent accuracy, not to be the benchmark of quality and accuracy above all else.

Last edited:
Hot Toys isn't in the same league as Blitzway in terms of design and finish, let's stop the silliness. You're comparing Toyota to Mercedes now. They're definitely #1 when it comes to sales volume and dollars though - it doesn't take a forensic accountant and a peek at their books to see that. And it's not because they don't have talent or can't hire talent. It's current business ethos and priorities. Their priority is high volume at good quality and decent accuracy, not to be the benchmark of quality and accuracy above all else.

I started a thread about Hot Toys quality versus Blitzway because I have never seen a Blitzway piece in hand and was really curious about their quality. I was hopeful because I like their upcoming licenses...are they really that great in person? I hope so because that would be very exciting!

Back