Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my fantasy world I saw SSC saying "Wow we sure can get a lot of mileage out of these clone armor molds and the armor bodies, we can sell them for much less and sell oodles more"
But that didn't happen.
My world also had SSC appreciating their niche as a low cost/high end 1:6 company.
But that didn't happen.
Someday the line won't be profitable and they'll let it go.

There is a sobering thought. Eventually there will simply be no more high end Star Wars figures.

I don't know which other thread to post this, since it started from here... the ban on Nam has not been lifted yet? :(

:dunno

Someday the line won't be profitable and they'll let it go.

I'm wondering if that might be part of your fantasy Sideshow business model too. :)

It'll happen eventually. Not soon, I suspect. Hopefully not until:

Young Anakin
Padawan Obi-wan
TPM Amidala/Padme (don't know which, or how many; just some representation)

AOTC Anakin
Geonosis Padme
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Separatists

ROTS Yoda
Clone Commanders

R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Jawas
Tusken Raiders
Walrusman
Snaggletooth
Grand Moff Tarkin
TIE Pilot
X-Wing Pilot Luke
X-Wing Pilot Wedge
X-Wing Pilot Biggs

Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Snowtrooper
Admiral Veers
ESB Boba Fett
Bossk
IG-88
4LOM
Zuckuss
Dengar
Bespin Leia
Lobot
Ugnaughts

ROTJ Boba Fett
Skiff Guard Lando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Amanaman
Barada
Nikto
Weequay
Biker Scout
Endor Luke
Endor Han
Endor Leia

that's an ambitious list..................dream big or go home.............:yess:

This was my list from a few years back...

So with figures out and announced that some would consider 2nd (or 3rd) tier: Kit Fisto, Plo Koon and Bib Fortuna... the question can sometimes be... just who would you actually buy? What are the figures when you think of your ultimate Star Wars 1/6 collection do you need in your collection? I couldn't find a thread like this, so hopefully its not a repeat :monkey3

My hope is to cover main characters in their more inconic of incarnations... Most characters I only plan on getting one version of, but there are a few exceptions. Here's my list... so far:

The Phantom Menace
1. Qui Gon
2. Darth Maul
3. Padme (Naboo purple get-up)
4. Battle Droid

Attack of the Clones
5. Count Dooku (one figure for II and III)
6. Jango Fett
7. Yoda (one figure for II and III)
8. Mace Windu (one figure for II and III)
9. Clone Trooper (generic white and black)

Revenge of the Sith
10. Anakin
11. Vaderkin (just because I already have him :monkey3 )
12. Obi Wan
13. Palpatine/Darth Sidious (hopefully pre and post change)
14. General Grievous (not gonna happen, but hopeful :monkey2 )
15. Clone Trooper (generic white and black)
16. Commander Cody

An New Hope
17. Obi Wan
18. Luke (Tatooine get-up)
19. Han Solo
20. Leia
21. C3 PO
22. R2 D2
23. Chewbacca (one for IV, V and VI)
24. Grand Moff Tarkin
25. Stormtrooper

Empire Strikes Back
26. Luke- Bespin Fatigues
27. Han- Bespin
28. Leai (white asskickin' get-up)
29. Lando
30. Yoda
31. Boba Fett
32. Snowtrooper

Return of the Jedi
33. Luke (Jedi)
34. Emperor
35. Darth Vader (full reveal)
36. Jabba (+ whole set-up)
37. Bib Fortuna (only because Jabba needs him)
38. Wicket (hopefully a 2-pack with another ewok)
39. Admiral Ackbar
40. Royal Guard
41. Gamorrean Guard
42. Scout trooper

And I think that about does it... 42 figures... I'm sure at some point I could be swayed to pick up a few cantina aliens, or someother random figure. But with just this list and at $60 (shipped each + Jabba's deal) that's around $2800 :google Maybe its a good thing they only come out once a month or every two months.

So what are other people's master lists?

Although since then I've really been thinking my need for PT figures and am now leaning towards wanting at least all of the Vintage SW figures to be released in 1/6... that would be awesome :rock

I think with SS model its pretty easy to still be selective. Its called show a bit of restraint and not buy everything you see. Don't blame the company for putting stuff out blame yourself for not being able to say no.

Thanks for pretty much restating what I already said. Please note what I have put in bold:

SS's model definitely has it's place. But for those of us who have discovered over the years that what we really want are the core characters, extremely well done, HT's model is far more attractive to eye (potentially) and the wallet.

Damn. I forgot droids.

Not much for PT, but I'd take...

R5-D4
R1-G4
LIN minning droid
KPR security droid
Septoid
Treadwell
Death Star Droid
2-1B
FX-7

I also forgot Vader's operating table, those droids, Admiral Ackbar, Pruneface, Nien Nunb and General Calrissian.

...Dewback
Taun Tauns
Wampa...

A meditation chamber, Bespin gantry, and...that's it.

Unless they were going to make some EU jedi. K'Khruk, Tholme, Quinlan Vos, and Tra S'aa. Darth Talon. Visas Marr. But that's all.

I'm wondering if that might be part of your fantasy Sideshow business model too. :)

Young Anakin
Padawan Obi-wan

AOTC Anakin
Geonosis Padme
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Separatists

ROTS Yoda
Clone Commanders

R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Jawas
Tusken Raiders
Walrusman
Snaggletooth
Grand Moff Tarkin
TIE Pilot
X-Wing Pilot Luke
X-Wing Pilot Wedge
X-Wing Pilot Biggs

Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Snowtrooper
Admiral Veers
ESB Boba Fett
Bossk
IG-88
4LOM
Zuckuss
Dengar
Bespin Leia
Lobot
Ugnaughts

ROTJ Boba Fett
Skiff Guard Lando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Amanaman
Barada
Nikto
Weequay
Biker Scout
Endor Luke
Endor Han
Endor Leia

I would love to have everything here. At the present rate, if Sideshow follows your list, did probably take them 5 years to finish it.:lol

Young Anakin
Padawan Obi-wan

AOTC Anakin
Geonosis Padme
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Separatists

ROTS Yoda
Clone Commanders

R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Jawas
Tusken Raiders
Walrusman
Snaggletooth
Grand Moff Tarkin
TIE Pilot
X-Wing Pilot Luke
X-Wing Pilot Wedge
X-Wing Pilot Biggs

Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Snowtrooper
Admiral Veers
ESB Boba Fett
Bossk
IG-88
4LOM
Zuckuss
Dengar
Bespin Leia
Lobot
Ugnaughts

ROTJ Boba Fett
Skiff Guard Lando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Amanaman
Barada
Nikto
Weequay
Biker Scout
Endor Luke
Endor Han
Endor Leia

Not at all. I would be very disappointed if they let the line go. I think SSC is the only company out there that would even consider giving these figures the variety and diversity it deserves. SSC is the only one that has addressed complaints at all, and as expensive as they have gotten, they are more affordable than HT. I know of no other company that has reworked its servers for preorders, corrected packaging, correct a product like plo koons lightsaber, and I know of no superior customer service. I also have no complaints about my SSC figures, while I have no naivete expecting them to lower prices, I hope they hold them where they are for awhile.

No, I meant since all the other parts never happened, if the line ending was fantastical too, it wouldn't happen either. :wink1:

I would love to have everything here. At the present rate, if Sideshow follows your list, did probably take them 5 years to finish it.:lol

Five more years would put us at 2016, with two years left before Hasbro's license expires. Which means they can make even more.

:yess:

The only TPM version of Amidala that I want is the Theed Invasion gown.

qaw1.jpg

Damn thing better light up too. :lol

Honestly being more selective I'm waiting on Threepio, Artoo, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver and Scout Trooper. I'd like a Vader ROTJ and Boba from both films but if not oh well. I have my doubts on Chewie but I think the rest is definitely doable in the time SSC has left with the license.

I want a DX Vader where I can take off his his helmet and roll his way eyes up. "Tell your sister you were righhhh...... "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back