1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - EXECUTIONER TROOPER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys, resurrecting an old thread... Does anyone who has the executioner and also a standard TFA stormtrooper confirm a couple of things for me...?

Are they the exact same shade of white? is the helmet swappable? How much do I have to manually 'break' glued parts to get the chest armour off?

I got an eBay bargain on the executioner, I wanted it for the improved articulation compared to the standard trooper, But... I want the option to swap it back to a standard trooper. Its easy to get a helmet and chest armour and swap them, but there's no point if they are different shades of white! (they look a little different in the pictures above)

Figure hasn't arrived yet, will post pics when it does :)

Thanks in advance...

Hey Guys, resurrecting an old thread... Does anyone who has the executioner and also a standard TFA stormtrooper confirm a couple of things for me...?

Are they the exact same shade of white? is the helmet swappable? How much do I have to manually 'break' glued parts to get the chest armour off?

I got an eBay bargain on the executioner, I wanted it for the improved articulation compared to the standard trooper, But... I want the option to swap it back to a standard trooper. Its easy to get a helmet and chest armour and swap them, but there's no point if they are different shades of white! (they look a little different in the pictures above)

Figure hasn't arrived yet, will post pics when it does :)

Thanks in advance...

They're the same white. If you're referring to the pictures with the banners, they look different because of the lighting. You can see the Officer and Executioner at the very front are the same shade of white.

I believe the helmets are interchangeable.

You have to pry open the armor on the sides where it's glued. There are some posts and even videos of folks doing this as there were some folks who removed the "fat suit" under the black undersuit to improve articulation on the standard troopers.

Good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14pxYmfiPM

If you were planning on getting more Stormtroopers, it's probably a better deal if you buy the TFA troopers. Those can be found for really good prices (eBay, Sideshow's steep discounts, BigBadToyStore's bonus store credit deal, etc.).

The articulation can be improved using the steps shown in the video, which is only a step or two further than what you're doing to modify the Exeuctioner. Plus you don't have to buy the additional parts.

Thanks for the info Myenshi! Answered all my questions :) I did look at getting a TFA trooper as you are right there are tons out there for good prices. But I found an executioner trooper for the same price pretty much.

I just wanted one new trooper on the shelf and I really like the executioner with the satin black elements. It’s easier to get him, then get the white parts on eBay than the other way round, the satin black parts are much harder to find parted out Plus I’d seen in some YouTube reviews apparently the undershot is new and much better for posing.

I like to have options though to change it up - I’ll be getting the heavy gunner vest and blaster in addition to the white armour parts to be able to swap it around when I fancy a change. I did the same for my OT stormtrooper, bought some of the heavy rifles, the sand trooper backpack and an officers pauldron so I can swap it up

JR

No problem.

Yeah, if you’re only going to get one First Order Stormtrooper for display, that’s definitely not a bad way of doing it.

Back